Coach Longmuir appointed as Freo coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Fans will support him but the west coast media not a chance.
I don't believe that, I think he's got a grace period till middle of his season 3.

So long as next year is competitive, see some growth in young players and the beginnings of a different game plan.... Should be no issue from media.

I think it’s time to take the chip off your shoulder

Fresh start for Fremantle but with the same old supporters with the same old baggage and issues.
Still the new coach will get every chance to change things up and improve the club for the better.

Fans will support him but the west coast media not a chance.

The 'West Coast' media always put the pressure on any coach of a WA club within a couple of years or so. They pretty much forced Judge out after two years, and Simmo was on the verge in 2017 too, just over two years after losing a GF to one of the greatest teams in modern AFL history.

Justin Longmuir at least seems to embrace the media which will help earn him brownie points with them, and like all other rookie coaches taking over a rebuilding side will get a grace period - but if Freo go nowhere after two years the 'West Coast Australian' and 'Channel 7Eagles' will naturally put the heat on. That's life in the WA AFL bubble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back