Coach Longmuir - right man for the job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo did ok today. It was an ugly game riddled with skill errors from both sides.
I think he’s exactly the man for the job to coach them. He’s a past player who has an emotional connection to the joint.

I mean, what other sane person would want to be FFC coach?
Theyre lucky to have him.

Absolutely the right man for the job.

10th is exactly where Freo should be on the ladder. The top 8 and GWS are just better than them.

But the last 3 weeks have been poor and the next 3 weeks are tough. They have to make up for not getting across the line today by beating the Swans. No reason they can't do it.

Simliar Opinon to David teague: Not a bad coach but the playing squad isnt much chop
Maniac whats the story with Walters this season? Well down on numbers and can't seem to get near it.

Back to his old tricks of diving and playing for frees it seems

Maniac whats the story with Walters this season? Well down on numbers and can't seem to get near it.

I dont think there is anything wrong with him....

He isnt injured. Form isnt as good as his 2019 form when he kicked 40 goals and 17 behinds and got All Australian that year.

In the Brisbane game he only got 8 disposals. The week before that he got 21 touches. and the 4 games before the derby he was getting 12-15 disposals.

He is being rotated in the wing and forward flank, The bloke is 30 years old and Justin Longmuir is trying different players on the forward flanks.

Im going to mention one guy Specifically: Lachie Schulz.

Lachie Schulz will get dropped this week. The game vs Essendon is the 3rd game in a row that he has not scored a goal so he will play in the ressies next week. Before those 3 goalless games he did kick 10 goals from 5 games.

Yes he is absolutely the right man for the job. He did everything required to get the boys the four points today but they let him down with horrible conversion yet again.
8 home games to come yet. Let’s see how the season pans out before we get too panicky.
how do you still have eight home games from the last 13 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you still have eight home games from the last 13 games
We played away in round 1 so we would have 7 of the last 13 at home but we swapped the Brisbane game so we will get that one back as well. We’ve only played three of our 11 homes games so far this season (derby 1 was a WC home game). We won them all against GWS, Hawthorn and North.

He's doing alright but the players he's got to work with right now aren't living up to their capabilities. I reckon we'll beat Sydney comfortably at home this week as we continue our bipolar form of performing well at home and then falling to pieces away.

Another year older, slower, chunkier. He doesn't have the evasiveness or defensive capability of previous years for the small forward role. I hope he gets some free reign to roam the mid and halfback where he can get a bit of space and deliver by foot. His field kicking is sublime.

After another lacklustre performance against Essendon, is Justin Longmiur the right man for the Freo coaxing role

From all reports he was great at the pies as the backs coach and I like the way he handles games so far for a second year seniors coach. At the start of the year we had our preferred full backline wheeled out vs Melbourne:

Hayden Young, Joel Hamling, Alex Pearce
Reece Conca, Brennan Cox, Luke Ryan

All but Cox have gone down. I know every team has injuries but you need a solid baclkine..just look at the kids we had to play against your monster forwards a few weeks back.

Hayden Young, Joel Hamling, Alex Pearce
Reece Conca, Brennan Cox, Luke Ryan

All but Cox have gone down. I know every team has injuries but you need a solid baclkine..just look at the kids we had to play against your monster forwards a few weeks back.
Where is Reece Conca at? Is he in your best 22 still?

I did not know they had 8 home games to come. Given that, and the injuries I reckon he is doing a very decent job. Don't think they will make finals but a top 10 finish is on the cards.

It takes a while to reprogram players who have been coached by the Great Enemy of football.

I admit to not watching them every week but based on what I saw in Round 1 I think Freo are absolutely on the right track. Wastefulness in attack was their issue that day and seems to be a recurring theme. Which shouldn’t be a difficult fix.

Pump another 50 or so games into their young core and they’re gonna be a serious side.

Haven't they had their entire backline out for most of the year. I counted 2 KPDs, 4 half back flanker types plus another couple of decent mids missing on the current AFL injury update, but pretty sure they have been missing quite a few this year alone....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back