Longwood V Tally decent scrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started in the last 5 minutes a tally player took a kick on the wing and copped a late bump by a long wood player then it was a wrestling match, a tally player number 4 ran off the bench and into the melee apparently punching a long wood player in the pack, he had a big busted eye and was having a sleep on the ground. Number 4 was reported.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Started in the last 5 minutes a tally player took a kick on the wing and copped a late bump by a long wood player then it was a wrestling match, a tally player number 4 ran off the bench and into the melee apparently punching a long wood player in the pack, he had a big busted eye and was having a sleep on the ground. Number 4 was reported.

If you run from the bench to get involved you should be out for the season. That kind of stuff is just not on

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
That would be an extra player on the ground. Will the league take the points off Tallygaroopna?
Doesn't quite work like that, the captain is required to ask for a head count, if found to have an extra player the club would have it's score to that point wiped.
Would think it extremely unusual for a league become involved in that type of event.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
Doesn't quite work like that, the captain is required to ask for a head count, if found to have an extra player the club would have it's score to that point wiped.
Would think it extremely unusual for a league become involved in that type of event.
Except that this time it's in full colour and out there for all to see. Perhaps the league should pursue it to discourage players from doing this type of thing.

(i) If the Investigation Officer is requested to
investigate a matter pertaining to AFL Law
5.5.3 (Players Exceeding Permitted Number)
– he will lodge with the League a Notice in
writing setting out his findings which will be
considered by the League in determining the
matter as justice in the case may require.

Longwood might be able to pursue it via this VCFL rule.

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Except that this time it's in full colour and out there for all to see. Perhaps the league should pursue it to discourage players from doing this type of thing.
I haven't seen the footage, however would suggest it wouldn't show the whole ground ? The league may nail him for not crossing via the inter change area or even entering the ground whilst red or yellow carded if that was the case , however it would be unlikely one camera could clearly define that 19 players were on the ground.
Out of interest has the alleged thug played outside of the KDFL , can he play and can he actually handle himself ?

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City
Just saw the footage on WIN NEWS tonight, and that #4 from Tally whacked a Longwood bloke that was defenceless and on the ground, a dog act regardless of how you spin it, hopefully this footage should result in a long suspension, because this is gutless crap (But, the fact that this was shown before the tribunal troubles me, because I don't like having such things shown before the tribunal has had the chance to review the case in an unbiased way, showing it only muddies the waters)

As far as the 19th Man thing goes, if Longwood want to try, then by all means they should pursue it.I think they have to pay a bond if they want it investigated but in any case the fact that one of the players went onto the field to hit a bloke should at least see him given a few more weeks on top of the suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back