Delisted Lonie delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Improved us last year with his forward pressure when he played but alas Higgins coming into the club spelled bad news for him. He did have his chances this year and what really stands out for me, were some of his 10/10 shanks out on the full, when he should have done better.

DMac and Billings the only players left from the 2013 and 2014 draft (not counting ones we traded in later like Steele or Butler).

These 2 drafts are the reason we aren’t in the premiership window right now.

EDIT: only Gresham on the list from our 2015 draft.

3 players in 3 years from a club in a bloody rebuild.

Last edited:

As always, sorry to see one of our players go - especially one we drafted.
Thanks Lones, enjoyed watching you play, especially some of those tackles on guys three times your size. You really flew the flag at times.

Hope he gets a go at another club. Bombers still got to replace their Mosquito.

Still remember the first time seeing him play was the pre-season match vs the Hawks where we got done by 100+ points. Sitting on the wing, watching him chase down three players in three back to back efforts. No matter his deficiencies, his effort was always top class.

Sad to see him go, thought he would hang around as depth. Jesus, we're really churning through the players drafted from 2013-2016.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's picked up by another club, he can be handy on his day.
Anyway, wish him nothing but the best. He gave it his all, and made the most of his abilities...which is more than what I can say for others still on the list.

Thanks Jack. Always sad to see a player leave who kept trying regardless of the situation. I will remember you for helping turn the game with your repeat chasing in the big comeback win against the Bulldogs a few years ago.

If you get another chance, hit the gym really hard because if you can stick your tackles I think that you are a best 22 player at quite a few clubs.

Loved watching you in the team for your effort and enthusiasm. Good luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Tony74 on saintsational he'll play for the Frankston Dolphins next year.

Will probably get 30+ possessions a week in the midfield.
What do you mean by that ? I hope its not he should have been given time in the guts

What do you mean by that ? I hope its not he should have been given time in the guts
Honestly mate can you settle tf down and stop whinging over my posts I'm not saying that at all but it's a statement of fact he's a very good VFL midfielder and will dominate there.

I reckon we're done unless there's a ruckman out there that we think is better than Hunter. Feel like Joyce and Kent will survive.

I reckon we’ve got our eye on one from somewhere. Gags was not very convincing at all the other day with his answer when Sam Edmund asked whether Hunter was the man after we missed out on Xerri. He certainly didn’t answer with a definite yes.

Would like Joyce to be kept on, he’s pretty good backup, and I’m pretty sure Kent will be offered a contract ( hopefully just a year) now that Lonie’s gone.

Thanks for everything Jack.
Mostly, thanks for being my young blokes first footy idol and getting him involved in the Saints.
You went out of your way numerous times whenever we made the trip for family day or training and that visit to Leongatha was awesome for him.
Thanks again, all the best for your football future.

So sorry for your young man. You always said how much he loved Lonie. 😔
Guess that’ll be an early learning step in the resilience he’ll need being a Saints’ supporter.

I reckon we’ve got our eye on one from somewhere. Gags was not very convincing at all the other day with his answer when Sam Edmund asked whether Hunter was the man after we missed out on Xerri. He certainly didn’t answer with a definite yes.

Would like Joyce to be kept on, he’s pretty good backup, and I’m pretty sure Kent will be offered a contract ( hopefully just a year) now that Lonie’s gone.
That was the impression I got as well.

Reckon Hunter is in trouble.

Honestly mate can you settle tf down and stop whinging over my posts I'm not saying that at all but it's a statement of fact he's a very good VFL midfielder and will dominate there.
No need for the SF down bit , i don't whine over your posts, you might like to think your that special that i pick your posts out but nah , i just asked the logic for your post , seriously stop sooking

Last edited:
Some years ago my daughter was unfortunate enough to be in the Royal Children's Hospital over Easter.
Jack Lonie was amongst the Saints coming through, and had just been named to play round 1, his first real game with the Saints.

Seems like so long ago now.

Gonna miss having the little fella around.

Good luck Jack 👍

vXexWhQ.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back