List Mgmt. Look back at the 2011 Draft by Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright then IF So s**t and Worse List Mangement in the AFL. Whu does he still have a Job.

As all his Picks by 2 have been Duds?
I'm not the one saying our list management is s**t, just saying it should be compared to other teams list management not a bigfooty poster.

No Dave, Mike has just named the players who we've brought in from other clubs that he thinks may be in (or near) our best 22 (in response to the post above his, I believe).

Did I get the Wrong end of the Stick Again?

White, Howe, Greenwood, Treloar, Adams, Varcoe, Crisp, Wells, Mayne, Dunn, WHE, Aish are best 22 or thereabouts. I wouldn't have all of them best 22 but the club might.
Comparing it to the dogs premiership team they had Joel Hamling (who was delisted by Geelong) Shane Biggs and Tom Boyd. Matt Suckling was an emergency and proably would have held his spot if he didn't get injured earlier. Might be more but I think the rest were all originally drafted by the dogs.

Comparing it to the dogs premiership team they had Joel Hamling (who was delisted by Geelong) Shane Biggs and Tom Boyd. Matt Suckling was an emergency and proably would have held his spot if he didn't get injured earlier. Might be more but I think the rest were all originally drafted by the dogs.

Darymple had 2 Amazing Drafts to set it up

Hawthorn's 2015 premiership team had McEvoy, Hale, Lake, Frawley Gibson, Burgoyne and Gunston.

Very easy to say from the saftey of your armchair. Reading some of the stuff you've written over the journey, I'm thankful you'll never get near our list.
Ditto I wouldnt want you anywhere near our list either. But its crucial to jump off the in hine we trust bandwagon. He may be a good recruiter overall, but objectively looking at our list, its hard to imagine many others to have done worse.

Talent identification is fine (same as most clubs), but the overarching strategies and decision making have been very poor.

Obviously every one has different opinions on the subject of Hine, but please be respectful when expressing them.
It is, after all, Christmas Eve, and surely not too hard to extend kindness to each other.

Ditto I wouldnt want you anywhere near our list either. But its crucial to jump off the in hine we trust bandwagon. He may be a good recruiter overall, but objectively looking at our list, its hard to imagine many others to have done worse.

Talent identification is fine (same as most clubs), but the overarching strategies and decision making have been very poor.
I wouldn't want me anywhere near our list.

Difference is that I don't pretend that I could do a better job than our recruitment team.

I wouldn't want me anywhere near our list.

Difference is that I don't pretend that I could do a better job than our recruitment team.
I think you need to reread what i said. I clearly stated that im not better than Hine as a recruiter, i merely mentioned that i wouldnt have made the fundamental mistakes like he did.

Im also know sure you know what "could" means. I could beat federer in a rally once out of 100 tries. This does not mean its likely, it suggests that i have the ability to do so with certain condition and the luck going my way.

Search up the differemce between "i could" and "i would've".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you need to reread what i said. I clearly stated that im not better than Hine as a recruiter, i merely mentioned that i wouldnt have made the fundamental mistakes like he did.

Im also know sure you know what "could" means. I could beat federer in a rally once out of 100 tries. This does not mean its likely, it suggests that i have the ability to do so if luck goes my way.

Search up the differemce between "i could" and "i would've"
Rofl what was the point of even saying it then? I 'could' foresee the lottery numbers for nye and become filthy rich. After all, I have the ability to do so if luck falls my way...

Rofl what was the point of even saying it then? I 'could' foresee the lottery numbers for nye and become filthy rich. After all, I have the ability to do so if luck falls my way...
It was in response to Dave saying "And you could do better:rolleyes:". Your example is incorrect. No-one has the ability to foresee the lottery numbers, but undoubtedly there are people who's capable of/has the ability to manage our talent list better from 2010 onwards. You're not comprehending the point.

can some one find a recruiter that has not made a or any mistakes in drafting. hine has in the past and possibly
do so in the future, but is still one of the best

can some one find a recruiter that has not made a or any mistakes in drafting. hine has in the past and possibly
do so in the future, but is still one of the best

Very Well Said. No One Perfect but Hine has had some big hits that really worked out for us

It was in response to Dave saying "And you could do better:rolleyes:". Your example is incorrect. No-one has the ability to foresee the lottery numbers, but undoubtedly there are people who's capable of/has the ability to manage our talent list better from 2010 onwards. You're not comprehending the point.
Oh I got the point. I just think it's dumb. Which is why I made a dumb analogy.

So....if I get this straight now....Collingwood FC have the worst coach in the league, the worst head of fitness, worst recruiters and CEO...oh and of course we've got the worst president AND the worst list.
Anyone of you whingers wanna maybe comment on the Club's mascot, theme song and architecture? Surely every blade of grass at Olympic Park should be criticised or something?
in the words of the prophet (#whateverhisnamewas) "Get a life and stop whining"

Can you tell I'm going fishing?;)
RR and his family is leaving (as we speak) for our summer abode on the shores of lake jindabyne

Try to be nice to other people won't you all....oh and MarksF can you please keep that keen eye of yours on the media for me!
Enjoy summer kids!

I think we should all settle on an order for blame within the club so that we don't have to bicker amongst ourselves as to who is to blame.

I've done a bit of research of these boards and have come to the following order:

Buckley >>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>Pert> Hine>Dr Davros> Balmey/Gubby(tie)>Eddie> THATSGOLD >assistant coaches>Jesse White>Mike Fitzpatrick>any player in their first 10 games>Alan Macillister>Braydon Sier>bearded hipsters>Donald Trump..........

Who have I left out?

Last edited:
I think we should all settle on an order for blame within the club so that we don't have to bicker amongst ourselves as to who is to blame.

I've done a bit of research of these boards and have come to the following order:

Buckley >>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>>>Pert> Hine>Dr Davros> Balmey/Gubby(tie)>Eddie> THATSGOLD >assistant coaches>Jesse White>Mike Fitzpatrick>any player in their first 10 games>Alan Macillister>Braydon Sier>bearded hipsters>Donald Trump..........

Who have I left out?
Blair deserves a guernsey surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back