Looking ahead to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It is Fagan's fault the players did not play to a high enough standard.
Stop changing your icon, it makes me think there's more than one poster doing your schtick.

we conceded 30 scoring shots.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. End of day it doesn't matter how many points we lost in the Grand Final. The shows over.

We were damn lucky the game done and dusted by three quarter time the way the Pies were wasting chances and kept us in the game right until the final 5 minutes.

Improved fitness and we concede 24 scoring shots and we win. How many goals did they snag in red time? yeah exactly.

Not good enough.

Let's hope having one hand on the Cup drives these professionals to the next level. Because let's face it on paper we are a far superior side to the Pies but they are just a better drilled, team first and top tier fit team. It's what we should aspire too. I don't buy into this weird group think that has crept into this board this season that we are not good enough. BS we aren't. How are we not good enough compared to the Pies?

You're right if this team can get on the Pies level we would win 3 in a row.
I hope you are right SM.

Stop changing your icon, it makes me think there's more than one poster doing your schtick.
Well currenty it looks like he has trimmed down quite a bit ... I am sure I could find a study somewhere that correlates a more-balanced size ratio with social interactivity, emotional intelligence or rationality?

The Pies were a bit lucky to beat GWS in the PF.
Our ladies were a bit lucky to beat the Cats in the PF.

Both teams made the GF, and both teams got the win.

I am not sure fitness was the big reason both teams came away with the Premiership Cup.
Teams always strive to be as fit as they can.
A lot has to go your way to make the finals then get through to the GF.

Looking ahead to 2024 my hope is we can make top 4 again. That won't be easy.
From this position teams are a better chance to win the GF.

Yep we have a brutal draw so any slip ups, untimely injuries etc could drop us back pretty quickly. We just have to pocket the Gabba wins as well as pick off some away ones early.

Just had a look through the schedule, Fremantle round 2 away will be crucial. Win that and North away, as well as assuming we'll get Gabba wins against Carlton and Pies. We can easily be 4-0 facing Dees at MCG.

Yep we have a brutal draw so any slip ups, untimely injuries etc could drop us back pretty quickly. We just have to pocket the Gabba wins as well as pick off some away ones early.

Just had a look through the schedule, Fremantle round 2 away will be crucial. Win that and North away, as well as assuming we'll get Gabba wins against Carlton and Pies. We can easily be 4-0 facing Dees at MCG.
counting-chickens.001.jpg

:)

The Pies were a bit lucky to beat GWS in the PF.
Our ladies were a bit lucky to beat the Cats in the PF.

Both teams made the GF, and both teams got the win.

I am not sure fitness was the big reason both teams came away with the Premiership Cup.
Teams always strive to be as fit as they can.
A lot has to go your way to make the finals then get through to the GF.

Looking ahead to 2024 my hope is we can make top 4 again. That won't be easy.
From this position teams are a better chance to win the GF.
Uhh...Pies totally deserved to win in the PF what are you talking about?

For those who don’t watch any of the VFL streams during the season, here are some edits of Bruce Reville’s 2023 VFL season.

Some observations:

* The improvement in his physicality has been dramatic, and easily now AFL standard, the result of his now mature body - (good evidence of his dedication given he has been only semi-professional, until now)

* I found it interesting reviewing footage with just one player in mind, how much more you see in a players performance (particularly off the ball). Among things that didn’t particularly stand out during live stream viewing as a supporter/watcher that I noticed in this reviewing was just how much running Bruce does during a game (both offensive and defensive).

* His burst speed away from contests, and his quick (accurate) hands in congestion, was also impressive – traits that I would normally look for in an “extractor” midfielder

* I’m guessing I was not the only one to notice all of the above (albeit my learning was in hindsight), as he was used more and more as a central/stoppage midfielder in the late rounds, and more interestingly, during the finals.

I will be very interested in how he further develops once in the full time environment.

Footnote: This is a classic example of what can be achieved via our Academy/VFL development set up when you give an underdeveloped, but keen, dedicated, youngster the opportunity and the time to achieve AFL list standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back