41. Leigh Brockman: Games 10
65. David Le Pavoux: Games 0
67. Peter McGrath: Games 0
69. Scott Muller Games 0

PSD:
7. Ben Fixter: 27

Total Games 550
Average 55

For mine the trading team really got things done. Looking at those picked in the draft it was a decent one to participate but picking up Ball and Schuable is arguably worth it. Our drafting was quite astute for our part with Scott Stevens (though not clicking for us) playing 144 games before succumbing to illness. Doyle was wrecked with injury however ROK has been a sensational pick up for us. Another amazing pick up was Tadgh playing 197 games and further opening the way for Irish players

2000:
Trades:
In:
Paul Williams, Pick 52

Out:
Dwayne Simpson, Picks 8 and 39

National Draft:
24. Luke Ablett: Games 133
52. Amon Buchanon: Games 116
54. Jarrod Sundqvist: Games 9

Rookie:
7. Michael Swan: Games 0
60. Brett Piltz: Games 1
65. Scott Muller: Games 0

PSD:
6. Stephen Stingay Games: 0

Total Games: 259
Average Games: 37

Trading was again astute, managing to pull Paul Williams to the Swans. Luke Ablett and Amon Buchanon were good pick ups considering the draft depth of that year both contributing to the premiership of 2005. After that things were very thin.

Hard to find fault with these 2 years given so many key players from our premiership year were drafted/traded in: Ball, ROK, Willo, Buchanan, Ablett, Kennelly.

Ball and Schauble were great players for us, ROK was an absolute steal, as was Kennelly.

Fixter I really thought would go on to be a great player but it didn't happen.

Doyle and Stevens didn't turn out to be great pickups but they weren't exactly what you'd call blunders either.

Hard to find fault with these 2 years given so many key players from our premiership year were drafted/traded in: Ball, ROK, Willo, Buchanan, Ablett, Kennelly.

Ball and Schauble were great players for us, ROK was an absolute steal, as was Kennelly.

Fixter I really thought would go on to be a great player but it didn't happen.

Doyle and Stevens didn't turn out to be great pickups but they weren't exactly what you'd call blunders either.

have to agree.

got a few a-graders in ball, o'keefe, williams and kennelly.

buchanan and ablett played crucial roles in our successful years whilst i thought schauble was criminally underused. i thought he was a fantastic defender, albiet a bit slow.

doyle could have been a decent player for us as well had it not been for all the injuries.

I remember Fixter had a ripper game up forward against North in 2002.
It was a game where we kicked 10 in the last quarter to obliterate them in the SCG.

Leo Barry took an absolute screamer as well IIRC.

I remember that game. From memory Kelly, ROK, Williams and Fixter kicked 14 or 15 between them. That game has always stuck with me for that reason. Don't really know why...can also remember Sav and Digby Morrell kicking bags up the other end.

Was it the same week that both Dunks and Kells announced their retirements at the end of the year?

I remember it was really tight up until 4 or 5 minutes into the last quarter when Williams kicked 2 in 2 minutes. From there we went absolutely bezerk.

Kevin Bartlett was the commentator for the match as well.

Probably have it on VHS somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back