Looking for a club in Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

jake_h03

Rookie
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi, I've moved to Bris for uni after growing up in Gippsland, and I'm looking for a club. I was hoping someone could give me an indicator of what the standard is like in the leagues up here in comparison to back home. I played Juniors in the East Gippsland FL, with my last season in the seniors, and had a run with Gippy Power before quitting to concentrate on year 12. I had a year off in 08 and I'm pretty keen to get back into it.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks

if your looking for a fair dinkum go at footy. the velocity sports cup is the way to go. if you want to play pretty decent footy. that is the best comp for you. all clubs have a development officer and if you want to join a team. thats who you should contact. the only club you you cant join is the lions. its a pretty good competition

Hi, I've moved to Bris for uni after growing up in Gippsland, and I'm looking for a club. I was hoping someone could give me an indicator of what the standard is like in the leagues up here in comparison to back home. I played Juniors in the East Gippsland FL, with my last season in the seniors, and had a run with Gippy Power before quitting to concentrate on year 12. I had a year off in 08 and I'm pretty keen to get back into it.

Where do you live and how serious do you want to be - 2, 3 nights a week training? SOmewhere semi-professional or pretty relaxed?

Gippy Power = Beenleigh Buffalos!:)

Where do you live and how serious do you want to be - 2, 3 nights a week training? SOmewhere semi-professional or pretty relaxed?

I'm living in Mount Gravatt. I want something semi serious.. but having said that I havent played for 18 months and have had no pre season yet so I'm looking to ease back into it. I'm just not really sure what the standard of the leagues are like here compared to back home.

I'm living in Mount Gravatt. I want something semi serious.. but having said that I havent played for 18 months and have had no pre season yet so I'm looking to ease back into it. I'm just not really sure what the standard of the leagues are like here compared to back home.
I have no idea in terms of comparisons, but you've got Mt Gravatt in AFLQ div 1 and Springwood in AFLQ div 2 nearby. I don't think you have any options in State Association with the exception of possibly Griffith Uni - not sure if you have to be a student to play, and they're in a very ordinary comp anyway.

Mt.Gravatt is pretty centrally located so a lot of clubs are within driving distance.

Gippy Power = Beenleigh Buffalos means that from my understanding they are in similar style competitions, therfore Beenleigh could be a good starting point for you, it is a short drive down the highway. I have heard it is a pretty good club with a decnet record over the last few years inlcuding reaching the GF a couple of times. The club is located at Almein? St, Beenleigh. Training is Tues and Thurs. (From local paper)

Mt.Gravatt is pretty centrally located so a lot of clubs are within driving distance.

Gippy Power = Beenleigh Buffalos means that from my understanding they are in similar style competitions, therfore Beenleigh could be a good starting point for you, it is a short drive down the highway. I have heard it is a pretty good club with a decnet record over the last few years inlcuding reaching the GF a couple of times. The club is located at Almein? St, Beenleigh. Training is Tues and Thurs. (From local paper)

how does gippsland power = beenleigh? Gispland power is u18 tac cup. best kids in Vic play in this comp.

They'll dominate this year. New coach has them running a pre-season tougher than any I've experienced - including my u/18s Bushies one.

Just a matter whether they can perform on GF day - four losses in two years between the two grades. I'll take responsibility for a disgraceful performance in one, though. ;)

a tac cup team could just about beat beeleigh by 30 goals or nearlyany team in that comp 30 goals footy is strong and i wouldnt call state a footy in the same league as tac cup cup footy and yes i know it'snder 18's level.

I am also looking for a club around Wellington point to have a run with. i am just moving this weekend from Bendigo Victoria. does anyone have any suggestions around wellington point area??

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're looking for a club down that way The Alexandra Hills Bombers are not far away. They are on windemere rd alexandra hills. Look like having a good season.

Hi all

I am moving over to Brisbane early 2010 from Perth so I will be looking for a new footy club. I will be in the south side of town I think so somewhere close by would be great, can anyone reccommend anything for me?

Cheers

Hey if your keen to play with some fellow ex-East Gippy boys then should head over to Wynnum Vickings there is about 5 of us, good footy with a relaxed mood. good bunch of boys and have won the last 2 cups. is in the state assoc div 1, and looking to have another solid year.

Hi all

I am moving over to Brisbane early 2010 from Perth so I will be looking for a new footy club. I will be in the south side of town I think so somewhere close by would be great, can anyone reccommend anything for me?

Cheers

Springwood again, on the southside about 1/3 of the way to the Coast :thumbsu:

Hi all

Cheers
depends how serious how u want to play footy if u want to play top comp. u can try velocity cup div 1 teams morningside or mount gravatt on southside 2 highly respected teams. or a little more relaxed comp div 2 state league u got springwood and in a lower div state association comp. u got cooparoo kings, yerona,beenlieigh ,wynnum look at www.aflq.com.au then go to inside league click on state league click that then go to club contacts u will find info on these clubs

thanks guys for the advice.

i guess its a bit of suck and see really, im serious enough about playing but reality is im 28 and slowing down, the up is i guess im a ruckman and they arent everywhere so someone will need me somewhere hopefully!

the main thing i guess is a good friendly social club as myself and the mrs won't know anyone when we get here so to find some friends would be great as well.

thanks guys for the advice.

i guess its a bit of suck and see really, im serious enough about playing but reality is im 28 and slowing down, the up is i guess im a ruckman and they arent everywhere so someone will need me somewhere hopefully!

the main thing i guess is a good friendly social club as myself and the mrs won't know anyone when we get here so to find some friends would be great as well.

Hey mate what standard have you played in the past?

The Redland Bombers are in need of a ruckman if you are willing to drive 25 mins from the south suburbs.

thanks mongrel_punt

most of my footy has been at amatuer level in perth aside from 2008 where i went and played in one of the bush leagues out here which was some pretty good tough footy.

as far as the drive south we havent even got a place in brissy and i dont know where anything is anyway so all good at the minute.

Hey guys, similar question just moved up to brisbane and I'm looking for a club to play for. Will be living in Sherwood/Graceville and working in the CBD. Looking for somewhere semi serious but not sure how full on work will be as yet so may not be able to train every night. Any suggestions?

Hey guys, similar question just moved up to brisbane and I'm looking for a club to play for. Will be living in Sherwood/Graceville and working in the CBD. Looking for somewhere semi serious but not sure how full on work will be as yet so may not be able to train every night. Any suggestions?

Western Magpies are based right on Chelmer Road, they play State League Div 1.

Kenmore Bears Seniors live next door to them and play in State Association Division 1. Think the Woodsmen are still around in Div 3.

Other teams quite close include Yeronga and UQ Red Lions which has 4 teams across 2 divisions:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back