Looking for a credit card with a good rewards system

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey guys, I make decent money, am not in debt apart from a mortgage, and have good credit. I have a Visa card with my home loan provider, but it has no set of 'rewards' (and none of their credit cards do), so it basically sits in my wallet unused.

I'm looking for a Visa/Mastercard or even AmEx with a good reward system. I'd like to avoid being locked into having a 'reward' that can only be cashed in at one place, but if it's an exceptional deal, I'd go for it. Interest Rate and Credit Limit are not important (within reason), since I doubt I'll ever really carry a balance on it.

My ideal usage here is a card I can use for all my daily purchases (lunch, dinner, eating out, movies, groceries, petrol, whatever) which will earn me some reward points, rather than just using my debit card everywhere. Also would like to get rid of my shitty general spendings account, is it a good idea to have my wage paid into the account tied to my credit card and use it for everything?

Any advice appreciated.

JuddsABlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Are you interested in Frequent Flyer points?

I have a woolworths Qantas frequent flyer MasterCard, get 1 point per dollar uncapped and from the research I did it seemed like the best option

As for general rewards like shopping vouchers etc I really have no clue

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Westpac Black Altitude MasterCard.
Comes with a Black Amex companion card.
You get 1.25 points for every dollar spent on the MasterCard and 3 points per dollar spent on the Amex
There are also partner suppliers that offer extra points, one of them is Caltex servos. I fill my car up, use the Amex to pay, get 3 points per dollar PLUS the bonus of an extra 3 points because they are a partner supplier. 6 points per dollar spent. The point never expire and there is no cap.
I charge all of my bills, insurances, large spends over $100 to the Amex to increase the points.
Minimum limit is $16k for the Black card and an interest rate of 19.99%, $395 annual fee.
Best card on the market if you know how to use a credit card and want the most amount of points possible

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Westpac Black Altitude MasterCard.
Comes with a Black Amex companion card.
You get 1.25 points for every dollar spent on the MasterCard and 3 points per dollar spent on the Amex
There are also partner suppliers that offer extra points, one of them is Caltex servos. I fill my car up, use the Amex to pay, get 3 points per dollar PLUS the bonus of an extra 3 points because they are a partner supplier. 6 points per dollar spent. The point never expire and there is no cap.
I charge all of my bills, insurances, large spends over $100 to the Amex to increase the points.
Minimum limit is $16k for the Black card and an interest rate of 19.99%, $395 annual fee.
Best card on the market if you know how to use a credit card and want the most amount of points possible

This sounds exactly like what I'm after. Will check it out, cheers.

Back