General Bombers Talk Buy/swap/sell Essendon memorabilia, games, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure does.

Will you make them available on YouTube ever? I reckon a lot of fans would love to see them.

I imagine it would be a mountain of work though.

doug85

no, i wont be putting them up on youtube, i did that a few years ago, got into a bit of strife over it, so wont be doing that again, i will leave that up yo others to do.

cheers

doug85

no, i wont be putting them up on youtube, i did that a few years ago, got into a bit of strife over it, so wont be doing that again, i will leave that up yo others to do.

cheers
When did channel 7 start recording every game?

When did channel 7 start recording every game?

Basically any game covered by ch 7, that was shown on their replay show, had to have a full version, ie a master copy if you like.

So given that ch 7 were doing games from the '60s onwards, its kind of possible from that far back, but in reality, they never archived anything from '60s, 70's, '80s or early '90s. Never had the foresight to do so, only really kept the grand finals.

Makes my task much harder of course, but then again, it was never going to be easy to start with now was it.

I read somewhere they were too cheap to buy new tapes so just kept recording over old games.

Turns out i hated channel 7 from before i was born.

Did mark Thompson kick the winning goal ? Public holiday ? Obviously I was there because I'm a full blown addict and I just may have the edited highlights of the game somewhere. I got home at about 9.30 that night after my two tiger mates left right on cue. Pretty much the last time I can remember the club lettting in supporters to the rooms on an ad hoc basis.

Did mark Thompson kick the winning goal ? Public holiday ? Obviously I was there because I'm a full blown addict and I just may have the edited highlights of the game somewhere. I got home at about 9.30 that night after my two tiger mates left right on cue. Pretty much the last time I can remember the club lettting in supporters to the rooms on an ad hoc basis.

I think you're thinking of the 1991 game early in the season against the Tigers at the MCG (when the Southern Stand was being reconstructed). Bomber kicked the winning goal. I think it might have been our first game of the season in round 2, after a first round bye.

1992 was a mid-season game against the Tigers when Yabby was coaching them for that one year.

I am looking for old episodes of " the winners" from seasons 1982-1986. Must be full episodes, and not the " winners rebooted" versions of the last couple of years.

If anyone can assist me at all, please get in touch.

thank you

Guys

I am looking for these 2 Essendon books, released in 1982 and 1984. I am currently trying to get the set for each series.

If anyone happens to have either of these books, then i would really love to hear from you.

thank you

1013342_465533566991256_8125857085400114607_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys

I am looking for these 2 Essendon books, released in 1982 and 1984. I am currently trying to get the set for each series.

If anyone happens to have either of these books, then i would really love to hear from you.

thank you

1013342_465533566991256_8125857085400114607_n.jpg

I work at Penguin Books, I'll see if anyone knows how we can get ahold of these for ya and let you know.

I used to have the one on the right! Funny how the uncle of the kid had an AFL jumper - the Anti Football League (with a square ball beneath the AFL) as he hated footy.

Fast forward not too far and the AFL actually became an entity, obviously not in that capacity, though sometimes I do wonder whether they hate football given some of their decisions from time to time.

As a collector of old games, for all teams, i am looking for a couple of Essendon home and away games only, in full for season 1993, wondering if anyone here would happen to have any at all.

If anyone has any and is interested in swapping for other old bombers games, please get in touch

thank you

I hope this is ok to post in this forum. I've already tried posting it in the Old Bigpond Full Match Replays thread and the Footy Videos and Pics Forum without much luck.

I'm looking for full match replays of some old Essendon games. I've been able to find some of the ones I was looking for but still after some more. if anyone knows where to find one or all of them I'd be very grateful!

-Rd 14 2008, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 4 2007, Ess vs StK
-Rd 19 2006, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 16 2005, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 10 2005, Ess vs WB
-Rd 8 2005, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 3 2005, Ess vs Haw

I have quite an extensive collection of Essendon games myself, so if anyone has copies of any of these matches I'd be more than happy to arrange some sort of trade. And I'm interested in many games other than these, but best to start with a small list. If anyone can help, please reply to the thread or send me a PM. Thanks!

I hope this is ok to post in this forum. I've already tried posting it in the Old Bigpond Full Match Replays thread and the Footy Videos and Pics Forum without much luck.

I'm looking for full match replays of some old Essendon games. I've been able to find some of the ones I was looking for but still after some more. if anyone knows where to find one or all of them I'd be very grateful!

-Rd 14 2008, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 4 2007, Ess vs StK
-Rd 19 2006, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 16 2005, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 10 2005, Ess vs WB
-Rd 8 2005, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 3 2005, Ess vs Haw

I have quite an extensive collection of Essendon games myself, so if anyone has copies of any of these matches I'd be more than happy to arrange some sort of trade. And I'm interested in many games other than these, but best to start with a small list. If anyone can help, please reply to the thread or send me a PM. Thanks!

Try contacting Channel 7. They have a hefty archive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back