General Bombers Talk Buy/swap/sell Essendon memorabilia, games, etc.

bomberfan2019

Rookie
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Try contacting Channel 7. They have a hefty archive.

Thanks for the suggestion, could be worth a try. Although none of the matches I've listed would have been broadcast on 7 - they would have been on 9, 10 or Foxtel. But they might have some other matches I need. Thanks again!

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Thanks for the suggestion, could be worth a try. Although none of the matches I've listed would have been broadcast on 7 - they would have been on 9, 10 or Foxtel. But they might have some other matches I need. Thanks again!

Ah that’s a good point. What about that name a game service? Is that still around?

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Ah that’s a good point. What about that name a game service? Is that still around?

Name A Game wound up last year I’m pretty sure.

Should be all digitised and put on the AFL Live subscription. Though I’m sure that’d be a big project (you might know actually!). Might happen one day.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Name A Game wound up last year I’m pretty sure.

Should be all digitised and put on the AFL Live subscription. Though I’m sure that’d be a big project (you might know actually!). Might happen one day.

Depends what they are stored on. I knew the guy who ran Name A Game about 5 years ago but he died. He used to come in to my post house and do all of his compiles there. A lot of the games were on 1 inch tape! And so games in the 2000s would be on digital tape. That means a whole lot of dubbing and unless there was a huge demand for it...

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Seven, for some crazy reason, taped over a good deal of their late 80s and early 90s games, and so the records of them were pretty much lost forever unless more homespun versions are still kicking around somewhere.
I wasn’t sure if they had discarded or recorded over all of their 80s stuff. It’s a bit ironic that for all of Channel 7’s warnings about illegal recordings that all of the footage on YouTube from that era only survives because people illegally recorded it.

I adked Channel 7 if they had the all 4 Danihers game from 1990 and told em if they had that and a Daniher documentary on that game and the 4 brothers and career highlights in a 2 disc set itd sell like hotcakes and a portion could go to Neale's charity- never got back to me so i assume erased?

I adked Channel 7 if they had the all 4 Danihers game from 1990 and told em if they had that and a Daniher documentary on that game and the 4 brothers and career highlights in a 2 disc set itd sell like hotcakes and a portion could go to Neale's charity- never got back to me so i assume erased?
It’s not the full game, I did find this though:

I found plenty of highlights videos of our Round 9 game against the Saints from 1990, but nothing else from the Round 22 Daniher Quaddie game.

bomberfan2019

Rookie
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m looking for full match replays of some old Essendon games and was hoping someone might be able to help. If anyone knows where to find one or all of the following I’d be very grateful!

-Rd 14 2008, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 4 2007, Ess vs StK
-Rd 16 2005, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 10 2005, Ess vs WB
-Rd 8 2005, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 3 2005, Ess vs Haw

I have an extensive collection of Essendon games already, so if anyone has copies of any of these matches I’d be more than happy to arrange some sort of trade. And I’m interested in many pre-2005 games other than these, but best to start with a small list. If anyone can help, please reply to the thread or send me a PM. Thanks!

bomberfan2019

Rookie
Feb 15, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I've found the Freo game on my list thanks to a legend of a Bombers fan! Can anyone help with the others, particularly the St Kilda and Collingwood games?

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Guys

This is a longshot, but looking for a handful of Essendon replays for seasons 1983-1985 as follows:

1983 round 19 v Hawthorn at Windy Hill - i need the abc replay as i am trying to piece together the winners episode for that round, just missing this game, goes about 19 minutes in length, i already have ch 7 replay.

1984 round 13 v Collingwood at Victoria Park - i need the abc replay to piece together the winners episode for that round, i already have the ch 7 replay

1984 round 14 v Melbourne at VFL Park - i need the abc winners replay to piece together the winners episode for that round, i already have the ch 7 replay

1985 round 17 v Carlton at Princes Park - i need the abc winners replay to piece together the winners episode for that round, i already have the ch 7 replay

I have already contacted the abc, they cant help me, i have also tried contacting the competing clubs, and the afl, and youtube cannot help me either.

If anyone happens to have any of these games at all, please get in touch. i can also convert old tapes to dvd very easily.

Any assistance is very much appreciated

thank you

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Guys

this is a longshot, but i am searching for these 1985 VFL videos, released by a company called ProFootball - now long gone. Profootball were the forerunner to name a game video, also long gone.

These videos for season 1985, covered all 6 games each round, including the non televised games. All videos were 2 hours in length, and showed about 20 minutes of each game per round. They were only brought out for the one season only.

If anyone happens to have any of these videos at all, then please get in touch, i would love to hear from you.
1985videos.jpg

Back