Looking forward to Friday Night

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate has told me Foxtel "play" only displays a 7" screen no matter how big your TV is. Not payin $35 a month for that if its the case.

I'm really impressed by your optimism Goldust! Better the above than -

Caddy a C-Grade midfielder at best with Prestia a complete waste of money/draft picks/space
This year Griff will spend the rest of the year struggling in the VFL while vickery will tear it up for Hawthorn.
Markov is too inconsistent
Moore, Stengle, Chol, Soldo and Castagna should be delisted asap
Edwards is and always has been a waste of space
Astbury is too slow and wouldn't hold down a spot in in the Doggies VFL team
Hampson's is a poor man's ruckman but we don't have anyone to replace him
Rance will have reoccurring injures all year and Lennon has reverted to his slow/poor form
Hardwick was is the root of all evil - anything wrong with the club is HIS FAULT!
All this and more from a 17 point Tigers win :p

In fairness Tragic ... it was one of the best 17 point losses ever.
PS Astbury wouldn't get a go in the Doggies team.

On a more serious note ..... Griffiths worries me.
I have read countless posts where people feel he'll flourish with Vickery gone.
Griff will need to shoulder more load up forward in the absence of TV and that extra workload won't agree with him.
Maximum number of games in a season played is 16. Next best 13.
I wouldn't be depending on Griff having to shoulder the load, which he will as one of two key talls.

I am.
I'd like to say it's sarcasm, but after 10 years on here you know how the majority post and how every miniscule glimpse is wildly exaggerated or hyped up.
C'mon man it's no secret. There's people here who have talked us up as top four material for eight years and over-promoted our talent.
A win this weekend will send that into overload again .. a loss and they'll be trotting out the well-worn it's only a praccy match.
I guarantee you, as long as may a**e points to the ground, whether we win or lose, it's still only a "praccy match".
Or is your less to do with me being jolly, sad, miserable, whatever, than it is me being right. Guarantee some will be annointing a new star come Sunday.

This isnt meant to be a fu post, so i hope you dont take it that way.

From this it sounds like your currently getting nothing from reading peeps posts, and you have no time for their opinions because you dont respect their views on footy. If this is the case, maybe you should take a break from here? Its only a forum about a footy team, so its supposed to be fun. If its not fun anymore, why do it?

Again, not meaning to or wanting to s**t on you. I actually like reading your stuff. Posts like this make it seem like its nit fun for you anymore, which is something i dont want for any poster here

*edit: except carlton and norf posters. They can collectively go and * themselves with razor blade infused pineapples

Instead of getting Foxtel, on which I would only watch Richmond, when the game is not on free-to-air I walk down to the local, watch it there & spend my money on beer.
I have no idea how much Foxtel is or how much money I spend on pint after pint but I've convinced my missus that we are saving a shitload by me doing this.

Instead of getting Foxtel, on which I would only watch Richmond, when the game is not on free-to-air I walk down to the local, watch it there & spend my money on beer.
I have no idea how much Foxtel is or how much money I spend on pint after pint but I've convinced my missus that we are saving a shitload by me doing this.

Its becoming yhe best option for those of us sans foxtel

This size limiting s**t the afl are doing now is insane

This isnt meant to be a fu post, so i hope you dont take it that way.

From this it sounds like your currently getting nothing from reading peeps posts, and you have no time for their opinions because you dont respect their views on footy. If this is the case, maybe you should take a break from here? Its only a forum about a footy team, so its supposed to be fun. If its not fun anymore, why do it?

Again, not meaning to or wanting to s**t on you. I actually like reading your stuff. Posts like this make it seem like its nit fun for you anymore, which is something i dont want for any poster here

*edit: except carlton and norf posters. They can collectively go and **** themselves with razor blade infused pineapples

Fair point rfctiger74 ....... just had this very same conversation with someone through message. I guess like wanting more - much more - from our team, I want much more in terms of critical and informed analysis and debate. Much debate and conversation on here is good and some, who I wouldn't have thought would have, have taught me plenty over the years and made me look at things a different way and even swayed me on certain things. But that's a fault of mine ... I like a debate .... and when I read mindless drivel to the effect Player X or Player Y is great because ... well, they are Richmond ... it grates (including the likes of 'Deledio never won a single clearance'. Hate me, love me, agree with me sometimes, but I can tell you there's not a person on here who plain agrees with that statement yet we have it being passed off as gospel). Hence I just put a few more on ignore and am learning to quell my passion or silent rage, whichever suits.
But yes, the fun for me has largely gone and I'm sure many others would say the same if forced to confront it. So either I go on a break, or I just ignore people. Time will tell.
PS I respect most people's opinion and everybody's right to an opinion ... I just don't respect some opinions (correct). Soime obviously don's care for mine either.

A mate has told me Foxtel "play" only displays a 7" screen no matter how big your TV is. Not payin $35 a month for that if its the case.
Watched a couple of JLT games at full size on the weekend just gone so Will let you know if anything changes if I sign up properly (on the two week trial at moment) 7 inches on a normal tv would look absolutely ridiculous! I'd have to stand about 5 inches from the tv screen so hope your mate is wrong!

The young fella is dragging me along but I'm now looking forward to it.
Not sure what I'm "expecting". Think I'll just let it all unfold before me.

Does a 2017 membership get you in?

The young fella is dragging me along but I'm now looking forward to it.
Not sure what I'm "expecting". Think I'll just let it all unfold before me.

Does a 2017 membership get you in?
It ******* better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep think I'll be watching games I can't attend at the pub. $35 a month is better spent on pots than watching a 7' screen.
I think there's some confusion here- the AFL Live app is only showing a 7 inch screen due to the new rights deal. As a 'mobile' service they are being forced to make it less attractive to armchair viewers. Foxtel Play should be a full screen (not HD though).

Dont cheer for it though dude.

Its bad enough wishing injuries on opposition players, but our own?

I get you dont like him, but cheering for an injury is poor form

True im just bitter our useless recruiters picked him at 6, and overlooked all australian and new bomber captain Dyson Heppel, who was 7.

Actually if you recall a week or so ago I told you I knew of / seen very little of Caddy , well tonight I met up with the ex Pies/ Dogs recruiter at a school function. His first words to me were he couldn't speak highly enough of him. We had a conversation for about an hour as he'd seen Caddy and Prestia play for over 30 games before being drafted. He basically mentioned if RFC fans aren't excited , then they will never be bc they're both jets.
As I wasn't aware of Caddy much I will most likely post his views on him in the Caddy thread. It was a most informative and enjoyable pre meeting chat.
Excellent to hear mate! :footy::footy:

Fair point rfctiger74 ....... just had this very same conversation with someone through message. I guess like wanting more - much more - from our team, I want much more in terms of critical and informed analysis and debate. Much debate and conversation on here is good and some, who I wouldn't have thought would have, have taught me plenty over the years and made me look at things a different way and even swayed me on certain things. But that's a fault of mine ... I like a debate .... and when I read mindless drivel to the effect Player X or Player Y is great because ... well, they are Richmond ... it grates (including the likes of 'Deledio never won a single clearance'. Hate me, love me, agree with me sometimes, but I can tell you there's not a person on here who plain agrees with that statement yet we have it being passed off as gospel). Hence I just put a few more on ignore and am learning to quell my passion or silent rage, whichever suits.
But yes, the fun for me has largely gone and I'm sure many others would say the same if forced to confront it. So either I go on a break, or I just ignore people. Time will tell.
PS I respect most people's opinion and everybody's right to an opinion ... I just don't respect some opinions (correct). Soime obviously don's care for mine either.
upload_2017-2-23_7-35-44.png :p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

True im just bitter our useless recruiters picked him at 6, and overlooked all australian and new bomber captain Dyson Heppel, who was 7.

yeah you're right, the best recruiters have psychic abilities.. I mean how could they not have known Heppell was going to become an All australian and a captain??

yeah you're right, the best recruiters have psychic abilities.. I mean how could they not have known Heppell was going to become an All australian and a captain??
Maybe because he had 38 possesion in his last game for vic country..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back