Looking into the future... Father/Son Selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
So i was watching the "purple" carpet arrivals for the doig award the other day and i noticed Hayden say he had kids, McPharlin's misses is pregnant (and pretty close to popping by the looks of it), Sandi and Pav are now engaged (not to each other of course ;) )

And just wanted to see if we can get a list going of possible Father/Son selections in the future.

What is the rule in regards to how many games etc. for us, as i know its different from alot of other clubs which was 100 games? I'll go with that for the moment but if there are other considerations let me know.

Players who have played 100+ games for Fremantle FC (as of end of 2009 season);

(Alphabetical order)

Daniel Bandy - 105
Peter Bell (NM 123, Fremantle 161 )
Heath Black - 138
Matthew Carr - 134
Troy Cook - 150
Jeff Farmer (118 Melbourne, 131 Fremantle)
Antoni Grover - 167
Paul Hasleby - 188
Roger Hayden - 102
Des Headland (52 Brisbane, 109 Fremantle)
Dale Kickett - 135
Justin Longmuir - 139
Shaun McManus - 228
Luke McPharlin (12 Hawthorn, 139 Fremantle)
David Mundy - 108
Jason Norrish - 128
Shane Parker - 238
Matthew Pavlich - 213
Aaron Sandilands - 135
Byron Schammer - 124
James Walker - 151
Clive Waterhouse - 106

Current players who will probably join the above list next season;

Crowley - 78
Dodd - 98
Johnson - 84
Thornton - 88

Current players who will probably join the above list in 2-3 years;

Bradley - 73
Duffield - 45
Ibbotson - 42

So that's a fair few in about 15-25 years time, depending on which kids we are talking about.

Out of that list highlight who'd you want in the future??

(on a side not... the list shows you that in terms of games experience we have an extremely young list with 15 players at or under 25 games)

Daniel Bandy - 105
Peter Bell (NM 123, Fremantle 161 )
Heath Black - 138
Matthew Carr - 134
Troy Cook - 150
Jeff Farmer (118 Melbourne, 131 Fremantle)
Antoni Grover - 167
Paul Hasleby - 188
Roger Hayden - 102
Des Headland (52 Brisbane, 109 Fremantle)
Dale Kickett - 135
Justin Longmuir - 139
Shaun McManus - 228
David Mundy - 108
Jason Norrish - 128
Shane Parker - 238
Matthew Pavlich - 213
Aaron Sandilands - 135
Byron Schammer - 124
James Walker - 151
Clive Waterhouse - 106

Crowley - 78
Dodd - 98
Johnson - 84
Thornton - 88

Bradley - 73
Duffield - 45
Ibbotson - 42

NOW START BREEDING ALL OF YOU :D

That's my list but hey in the future atleast we will have this option of more players to select from.

IIRC Peake is our only F/S selection?

We did have Clem Michael as well I believe.

Out of those you've listed I don't know how many actually have sons.

McManus does but the others I'm not sure about.

Imagine getting a Waterhouse junior.......

Waterhouse Junior...... Re-incarnation of GOD :D

Just made me think of this post on the bay lol.

JXHCKLDJS.jpg

Out of those you've listed I don't know how many actually have sons.

McManus does but the others I'm not sure about.

Pretty sure Kicketty has some boys.

I think they'll be the first to hit the right age out of our possibles too - let's hope they inherited the Kickett footy gene.

Just put all of our champions out to stud. When he retires send Pavlich out to all the best netballers/female basketballers or track athletes we can find. Same with Sandi

Ones that I am aware of:

(Alphabetical order)

Daniel Bandy - 105
Peter Bell (NM 123, Fremantle 161 ) - 2 daughters :(
Heath Black - 138 - 2 sons
Matthew Carr - 134 - 1 son
Troy Cook - 150
Jeff Farmer (118 Melbourne, 131 Fremantle) - 2 sons - Jeff jnr is about 12
Antoni Grover - 167
Paul Hasleby - 188
Roger Hayden - 102 - 1 son
Des Headland (52 Brisbane, 109 Fremantle) - 2 sons
Dale Kickett - 135 - he's got a boy or two
Justin Longmuir - 139
Shaun McManus - 228 - 3 sons
David Mundy - 108
Jason Norrish - 128 - a couple of boys, I think
Shane Parker - 238
Matthew Pavlich - 213
Aaron Sandilands - 135
Byron Schammer - 124
James Walker - 151
Clive Waterhouse - 106 - he's got a mini-mullet-mini-me running around somewhere, surely

Crowley - 78
Dodd - 98
Johnson - 84
Thornton - 88

Bradley - 73 (if Kepple gets to 100 games for FFC I will eat my shorts... - he's played 24 games for us to date)
Duffield - 45
Ibbotson - 42

Ones that I am aware of:

(Alphabetical order)

Daniel Bandy - 105
Peter Bell (NM 123, Fremantle 161 ) - 2 daughters :(
Heath Black - 138 - 2 sons
Matthew Carr - 134 - 1 son
Troy Cook - 150
Jeff Farmer (118 Melbourne, 131 Fremantle) - 2 sons - Jeff jnr is about 12
Antoni Grover - 167
Paul Hasleby - 188
Roger Hayden - 102 - 1 son
Des Headland (52 Brisbane, 109 Fremantle) - 2 sons
Dale Kickett - 135 - he's got a boy or two
Justin Longmuir - 139
Shaun McManus - 228 - 3 sons
David Mundy - 108
Jason Norrish - 128 - a couple of boys, I think
Shane Parker - 238
Matthew Pavlich - 213
Aaron Sandilands - 135
Byron Schammer - 124
James Walker - 151
Clive Waterhouse - 106 - he's got a mini-mullet-mini-me running around somewhere, surely

Crowley - 78
Dodd - 98
Johnson - 84
Thornton - 88

Bradley - 73 (if Kepple gets to 100 games for FFC I will eat my shorts... - he's played 24 games for us to date)
Duffield - 45
Ibbotson - 42

Belly's daughters will prob be super swimmers anyways, His wife Lana was a state champ in the pool... (although I used to beat her :p)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont get too excited father son rule isnt much help anymore
Dont clubs now have to use their 1st or 2nd round picks to pick up an eligible player under this rule.

Just because it someones son doesnt mean they will be just a good so teams now have to choose go with the family connection or use draft picks for best available players.

And by the time any of our players sons are able to play the rule will be gone completely meaning u cant promise to use 1st or 2nd pick to stop others getting that player before you.

Dont get too excited father son rule isnt much help anymore
Dont clubs now have to use their 1st or 2nd round picks to pick up an eligible player under this rule.

Just because it someones son doesnt mean they will be just a good so teams now have to choose go with the family connection or use draft picks for best available players.

And by the time any of our players sons are able to play the rule will be gone completely meaning u cant promise to use 1st or 2nd pick to stop others getting that player before you.

It's a bidding system, so you have to use a pick better than anyone else is willing to pay for them, not necessarily a 1st or 2nd rounder, but if they're any good it would take a decent pick.

It's a bidding system, so you have to use a pick better than anyone else is willing to pay for them, not necessarily a 1st or 2nd rounder, but if they're any good it would take a decent pick.

You have to use your next pick, so lets say one of Dessie's boys was in this years draft and a team was willing to take him at pick 10 we would have had to use pick 20 if we wanted to take him as a F&S.

Clem wasn't a father son selection.

Interesting...

We took Clem in the 2nd round (#21) but surely he was eligible under the F/S rule to be taken by us in the 3rd round?

Must admit my memory is a little hazy of the details but I always thought he was F/S pick too. Does anyone remember the circumstances back then?

Please don't tell me Neesham took him with a 2nd round pick when we could have had him for free in the 3rd round. Even by Neesham's incredibly low drafting/trading standards that would have been a monumentally colossal f**k up...

Interesting...

We took Clem in the 2nd round (#21) but surely he was eligible under the F/S rule to be taken by us in the 3rd round?

Must admit my memory is a little hazy of the details but I always thought he was F/S pick too. Does anyone remember the circumstances back then?

Ripper knows this sort of stuff much better than I do but Clem wasn't available to us as a Father/Son.

Ripper knows this sort of stuff much better than I do but Clem wasn't available to us as a Father/Son.

His dad easily played enough games, for one of the right clubs, and it was well within our qualifying years. I can't see how he could have possibly not qualified unless the AFL really were hell bent on screwing us over...

Maybe I'll just have to wait a few weeks til Rip show us face again :p

His dad easily played enough games, for one of the right clubs, and it was well within our qualifying years. I can't see how he could have possibly not qualified unless the AFL really were hell bent on screwing us over...

Maybe I'll just have to wait a few weeks til Rip show us face again :p

Maybe with the (very limited) draft concessions we got upon entry the AFL were worried that we'd also grab a couple of stars as F/S selections?

The last thing they wanted at the time was two strong sides in WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back