TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Well I'm looking to start getting serious about getting fit and exercising regularly.
I just turned 25 and I figure I better start getting serious before I'm to old.
I'm about 6 foot and weigh between 70-85kg so I wouldn't say I'm fat/obese.
However I would like a flatter stomach/abs and I want to build muscle mass.
I want to be able to take off my shirt/wear t-shirts and not feel awkward if that makes sense.
Anyway does anyone have any tips or ideas for a beginner?
I can't join a gym right now so I will have to do stuff at home.
Also what is a good diet for someone trying to get fit?
I'm going to cut out the snacks, soft drink & fast food all together.

Well I'm looking to start getting serious about getting fit and exercising regularly.
I want to be able to take off my shirt/wear t-shirts and not feel awkward if that makes sense.

First tip, buy more accurate scales.

Gotta pick one direction - do you want to bulk or do you want to lose weight?

Can't do both at the same time.

If you want, post a topless picture of yourself (remove face if you want) and we'll recommend something.

If you want, post a topless picture of yourself (remove face if you want) and we'll recommend something.

I'm pretty much just joe average at the moment, and I hate it.
Don't wanna end up with a beer gut at 40 lol

Any advice would be appreciated.

You can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

so his forst line was:

and there's suggestions to cur or bulk?

look up an bodyweight exercise app or program and do it as it is written

food wide you've said you're cutting out fast food and soft drink but if you're snacks are fruit and good stuff like that then don't get rid of those

move more and maintain those new food things above and you'll change shape for sure

so his forst line was:

and there's suggestions to cur or bulk?

look up an bodyweight exercise app or program and do it as it is written

food wide you've said you're cutting out fast food and soft drink but if you're snacks are fruit and good stuff like that then don't get rid of those

move more and maintain those new food things above and you'll change shape for sure

Well ultimately I would like to cut and then eventually bulk up.
Ok i'll download these phone apps.
Snacks are sometimes good stuff but have also often been chips and stuff like that.
I'll replace coke with plenty of water and chips/shapes with fruit
Thanks for your help.

Well ultimately I would like to cut and then eventually bulk up.
Ok i'll download these phone apps.
Snacks are sometimes good stuff but have also often been chips and stuff like that.
I'll replace coke with plenty of water and chips/shapes with fruit
Thanks for your help.

If your eating habits are right then you won't be hungry hence the need for snacking, & feeling hungry is a good thing , it's a your body releasing the burning hormone called ghrelin.
U
Bulking is old school, once you get your diet right n exercise right your will develop mure muscle tone n shape which makes you look bigger anyway.

Lean dense functional muscle is better than bulky lazy muscle.

20-30 minutes of sprints/ HIIT 2-3 times a day plus some strength straining 2 days a week n you'll notice a difference in your body shape by Xmas.

There is lots of information to assist you in health n fitness threads, seek n you will find.

If your eating habits are right then you won't be hungry hence the need for snacking, & feeling hungry is a good thing , it's a your body releasing the burning hormone called ghrelin.
U
Bulking is old school, once you get your diet right n exercise right your will develop mure muscle tone n shape which makes you look bigger anyway.

Lean dense functional muscle is better than bulky lazy muscle.

20-30 minutes of sprints/ HIIT 2-3 times a day plus some strength straining 2 days a week n you'll notice a difference in your body shape by Xmas.

There is lots of information to assist you in health n fitness threads, seek n you will find.

I have only eaten an apple & banana today and surprisingly don't feel that hungry.
Soft drink sitting in the fridge is tempting I have to admit, I am a bit of a caffeine junkie.
I've had two coffees today already though.
Done some situps, pushups and went for a walk then alternated from jogging to sprinting.
Certainly got the heart going and it felt good.

I have only eaten an apple & banana today and surprisingly don't feel that hungry.
Soft drink sitting in the fridge is tempting I have to admit, I am a bit of a caffeine junkie.
I've had two coffees today already though.
Done some situps, pushups and went for a walk then alternated from jogging to sprinting.
Certainly got the heart going and it felt good.

Save the temptation n tip the soft drink down the sink, better still , tip it on your drive-way to clean all the oil stains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Save the temptation n tip the soft drink down the sink, better still , tip it on your drive-way to clean all the oil stains.

I said to my GF today we aren't buying the stuff again from now on.
I used to work in a supermarket and I remember people would come in a buy it to clean hoses/pipes.

Got that My Fitness Pal app, pretty cool I added everything I've done today.
According to the app I still have 4943 kilojoules to spare for today.

I said to my GF today we aren't buying the stuff again from now on.
I used to work in a supermarket and I remember people would come in a buy it to clean hoses/pipes.

Got that My Fitness Pal app, pretty cool I added everything I've done today.
According to the app I still have 4943 kilojoules to spare for today.

I use MFP too , very useful tool for your quest to fitness n health, change it from kilojoules to calories.

Do lots of running and core strength and then for strength lunges pushups pullups and squats should do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back