Looking to the draft...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about him beyond the "he's awesome" talk that goes on, but is there any concern that he'll just be too small for AFL level?

He racked up 27 disposals and a goal in his 3rd SANFL seniors game for the Tigers. Pretty impressive for a 17 year old. I don't know about height and why it's THAT much more important in the AFL than SANFL. There might be a bit of adjustment but I would imagine it being massive?

He racked up 27 disposals and a goal in his 3rd SANFL seniors game for the Tigers. Pretty impressive for a 17 year old. I don't know about height and why it's THAT much more important in the AFL than SANFL. There might be a bit of adjustment but I would imagine it being massive?

thats not that impressive toumpas got 20 dis and 2.1 goals in his third game and it was in a final. Fairclough was 16 and won a premiership in 2006 and didnt get on an afl list.

i think toumpus looks better than kennedy, he preforms in the big games just watch the game last weekend

I agree.... It wasnt how many touches he got, it was how good those touches looked that caught my eye... Not trying to sound like a goose, he reminded me of Pendlebury:eek:

Anyone still unsure about the shallowness of this draft, Emma Quayle just posted that Hawthorn are planning on only using 2 of their picks this year, plus upgrade Breust. Absolute bare minimum.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/curran-misses-out-on-hawks-nomination-20110928-1kwh0.html

Hawks have told Tom Curran that they won't be picking him up via father/son. I know he's a forward but the kid has genuine talent, worth a look? 195cm 86kg, good hands, solid prospect (viewed similar to Gunston before we drafted him). He had to share a forward line with Patton who is a beast so he didn't get much of the spotlight. Marking ability is exceptional with his excellent timing and soft hands. Considering we might lose Tippett in the future he might be worth getting as forward prospect that we can develop to take his place. If we get another second round pick via trade I think we should strongly consider getting him.

Highlights available in here: http://www.afl.com.au/development/tabid/11732/default.aspx

Anyone still unsure about the shallowness of this draft, Emma Quayle just posted that Hawthorn are planning on only using 2 of their picks this year, plus upgrade Breust. Absolute bare minimum.

Yeah because our list and hawthorns list are so similar with talent. They were one kick away from a grand final - we're not even in the finals.

They don't need to make mass changes to a evolving list, we do.

Painfully few South Aussie boys on this list. Hard to pick locals if we want to avoid the go home factor

Yeah because our list and hawthorns list are so similar with talent. They were one kick away from a grand final - we're not even in the finals.

They don't need to make mass changes to a evolving list, we do.

Every team has enough chaff and retirees to make room for 4 or 5 picks in a good draft, even Collingwood and Geelong.

2009 was not as poorly rated as this draft, but the rookie promotions there started in the 4th round and dominated what little there was after, and the rookie draft was loaded with mature age picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to pick up a ruckman with SIZE with one of our last picks. No Athletic running types, just someone with actual size and not a beanpole. a back up number 1 ruck.
Any fit the bill around that mark?
Broc McCauley (202cm 98kg, athletic tap ruck). Recently delisted by Brisbane (unknown as to why). Can play at AFL level and wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg. Would be a solid depth ruck which is all we need at the moment. Rookie listing.

errmmmm stiffy.....you put a heart in your post :eek:
Its a gen Y thing :p

Seriously, I would be willing to sacrifice macca23's left nut to have a skillful left footer with some pace in our team! :diamond:

When Hawks upset the Cats back in 2008, they came out and admitted that they targeted left footers. We have one and he ain't exactly silky ;)

Seriously, I would be willing to sacrifice macca23's left nut to have a skillful left footer with some pace in our team! :diamond:

When Hawks upset the Cats back in 2008, they came out and admitted that they targeted left footers. We have one and he ain't exactly silky ;)

We have more than one Stiffmeister.

There is not a great deal of talent coming out of SA this year besides probably Wingard and Grigg. But next year SA will provide quite a few potential first round selections.

I don't mind Kennedy, he does have neat skills and zip about him although his overall DE% this year was only in the 60% range. He'll need to lift that. Exhibits similar traits to a young Marc Murphy but with a bit of Colyer thrown in. So in other words a class or two below Murphy. Is short but he knows how to compete, and that alone will hold him in good stead. If he was 180cm+ he'd be a top 5 choice.

There is not a great deal of talent coming out of SA this year besides probably Wingard and Grigg. But next year SA will provide quite a few potential first round selections.

I don't mind Kennedy, he does have neat skills and zip about him although his overall DE% this year was only in the 60% range. He'll need to lift that. Exhibits similar traits to a young Marc Murphy but with a bit of Colyer thrown in. So in other words a class or two below Murphy. Is short but he knows how to compete, and that alone will hold him in good stead. If he was 180cm+ he'd be a top 5 choice.

Who are the other ones coming out of SA next year? What makes Grigg a better choice than Waldhuter? Is it just his left foot

I understand that, but I would have thought targeting anyone with decent kicking skills would work out the same.

but I'll leave those love hearts to you ;)

I can see Kennedy slipping to mid teens next year, Sellar style......

What are your thoughts on Mckay from Souths?

Also, how do you get so much info living up North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back