Player Sponsorship LOOT! Proper Gander’s Player Sponsor Winners 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Aaaand while Crimson Azure arranges for the transfer of $1,000,000 Canadian dollars to Topkent's account, the following sponsors have won PRIZES:

Congratulations d33my - you are the proud owner of a Poster of the 2017 AFLW team signed by Rising Star nominee defender Katherine Smith.

This poster will look great in a lounge room, a pool room or a board room - with a genuine biro signature from one of the greats. Note a very slight crease / dent in the poster itself - thanks to the club strangely sending it flat in a big envelope rather than rolled into a tube (no wonder we can't win a premiership) but I feel sure with a few days under a heavy book or even encased in an appropriate display frame, it will turn out a treat. I'll send it in a tube anyway to prevent any further bending action on the part of the postal service.

Also, congratulations Oscarman who has won a poster of the 2017 AFL team signed by the Ben Kennedy - which enjoys the distinction of possibly being the last thing BenKen signed in his capacity as a demon-listed player. Be the envy of your friends with this interesting conversation piece showing displaying the closest non-finalists in history! This poster came complete with a tube so is in pristine, slightly curly condition.

For each poster recipient I will also include the random certificate which has some promotional stuff on it and says 'certified bronze sponsor' or something - because I'm not certain what else to do with them.

Thank you for being 2017 sponsors once again (actually it should really be MFC thanking you now that I think about it). Send me a PM whenever convenient with mailing address details and I will get this loot on the move.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
We need to sponsor wagner or JKH, dont you guys even think of sponsoring any of our good players!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We need to sponsor wagner or JKH, dont you guys even think of sponsoring any of our good players!
I think we're safe on that. They have a kind of sliding scale price-wise where high-profile players cost more to sponsor. That plus really popular players like Hogan and (ahem) Watts usually have all their sponsors locked in really early.

I have a feeling Demonland sponsors Wagner so he's out. JKH intriguing. I'll send an email to the MFC sponsor person and see who is available that needs delisting.

Aaaand while Crimson Azure arranges for the transfer of $1,000,000 Canadian dollars to Topkent's account, the following sponsors have won PRIZES:

Congratulations d33my - you are the proud owner of a Poster of the 2017 AFLW team signed by Rising Star nominee defender Katherine Smith.

This poster will look great in a lounge room, a pool room or a board room - with a genuine biro signature from one of the greats. Note a very slight crease / dent in the poster itself - thanks to the club strangely sending it flat in a big envelope rather than rolled into a tube (no wonder we can't win a premiership) but I feel sure with a few days under a heavy book or even encased in an appropriate display frame, it will turn out a treat. I'll send it in a tube anyway to prevent any further bending action on the part of the postal service.

Also, congratulations Oscarman who has won a poster of the 2017 AFL team signed by the Ben Kennedy - which enjoys the distinction of possibly being the last thing BenKen signed in his capacity as a demon-listed player. Be the envy of your friends with this interesting conversation piece showing displaying the closest non-finalists in history! This poster came complete with a tube so is in pristine, slightly curly condition.

For each poster recipient I will also include the random certificate which has some promotional stuff on it and says 'certified bronze sponsor' or something - because I'm not certain what else to do with them.

Thank you for being 2017 sponsors once again (actually it should really be MFC thanking you now that I think about it). Send me a PM whenever convenient with mailing address details and I will get this loot on the move.
Topkent I'm feeling generous.

Zimbabwe Trillion_3_CROP (1).jpg

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Damn ******* straight he is!!!

Also, I can't PM you. Do you have me blocked or is your inbox full?
You're not blocked. Never fear - once I'm off mobile I'll empty my box and PM you.

If we sponsor Wagner I refuse to put into the kitty on principle.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
And finally, the BK signed jumper!

A special, if diminutive item in XS or XXS or some other size that equates to extremely ******* small, this seems likely to be the last piece of clothing signed by Ben Kennedy as a demon listed player. Did he know this while signing it??? Just one of many questions the lucky winner must ask him or herself while re-fashioning the tiny article as an elegant turban, or wrestling the fabric to double as a loose sock.

A Ben Kennedy fanatic child will enjoy hours of fun in the jumper, as will a midget (if that remains an approved small person term - I honestly don’t know). The traditional warm red and deep blue are featured, along with whatever else made up this years home jumper. I can’t recall beyond a big iSelect logo, to remind us all of the pleasurable hours spent negotiating with unwanted foreign telemarketers demanding you immediately give time to comparing energy plans.

The jumper features BenKen’s player number - which immediately makes me think that there should really be some kind of extra prize for anyone who can recall it without looking it up. I know I can’t.

Fittingly, the BenKen jumper goes to dee_mac who has already made known his interest in acquiring a demons boob-tube for which the garment should be admirably fit for purpose.

Congratulations dee_mac. I will send a PM later today for mailing details.

Thank crap no mods featured in the winners this time ... which avoided the appearance of anything a bit sus.

Last edited:
And finally, the BK signed jumper!

A special, if diminutive item in XS or XXS or some other size that equates to extremely ******* small, this seems likely to be the last piece of clothing signed by Ben Kennedy as a demon listed player. Did he know this while signing it??? Just one of many questions the lucky winner must ask him or herself while re-fashioning the tiny article as an elegant turban, or wrestling the fabric to double as a loose sock.

A Ben Kennedy fanatic child will enjoy hours of fun in the jumper, as will a midget (if that remains an approved small person term - I honestly don’t know). The traditional warm red and deep blue are featured, along with whatever else made up this years home jumper. I can’t recall beyond a big iSelect logo, to remind us all of the pleasurable hours spent negotiating with unwanted foreign telemarketers demanding you immediately give time to comparing energy plans.

The jumper features BenKen’s player number - which immediately makes me think that there should really be some kind of extra prize for anyone who can recall it without looking it up. I know I can’t.

Fittingly, the BenKen jumper goes to dee_mac who has already made known his interest in acquiring a demons boob-tube for which the garment should be admirably fit for purpose.

Congratulations dee_mac. I will send a PM later today for mailing details.

Thank crap no mods featured in the winners this time ... which avoided the appearance of anything a bit sus.
Fantastic. I have many short people (err babies & toodlers) in my life I could bestow this upon. I'll have to go door to door and see which is the best fit Cinderella style.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
No problems at all. I posted your prize today but haven’t the foggiest how long AusPost take to do anything these days. I don’t actually remember the last time I posted a thing.

No problems at all. I posted your prize today but haven’t the foggiest how long AusPost take to do anything these days. I don’t actually remember the last time I posted a thing.
Needs to be a letter to go with it. I think you'd do an exceptional job of the 'from the hand' letters of the past.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Needs to be a letter to go with it. I think you'd do an exceptional job of the 'from the hand' letters of the past.
I didn’t think of that. :oops:

Never mind. I could just randomly and unnervingly send letters to people whose addresses I now have.

I didn’t think of that. :oops:

Never mind. I could just randomly and unnervingly send letters to people whose addresses I now have.
Thats the spirit! release the inner stalker.
Crimson Azure wrote beautiful words.
By 'beautiful' you mean disturbing and by 'words' I guess you mean, randomly sequenced letters of the alphabet slabbed together.

If so, thanks.

The poster arrived today - thanks Proper Gander

Will go nicely with some other random MFC women's team-related stuff I have from 2017 (ie a pack of player cards I got from our home game against Collingwood at Princes Park).

Would be nice to give these + the poster to the grandkids one day. And I can explain what a 'BigFooty Demon' was.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The poster arrived today - thanks Proper Gander

Will go nicely with some other random MFC women's team-related stuff I have from 2017 (ie a pack of player cards I got from our home game against Collingwood at Princes Park).

Would be nice to give these + the poster to the grandkids one day. And I can explain what a 'BigFooty Demon' was.
We will be founding members of some kind of important historical era I suspect - the Deepression - and your grandchildren won’t grasp the significance of the era as they watch the descendants of Viney win a fourpeat in zero gravity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back