Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power - Amazon Lord of the Rings prequel due early September 2022

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

While we're discussing LOTR

It would need to be spin offs or prequels (First Age maybe, do they have the rights?) The Jackson movies aren't long enough ago to demand a remake.

I am looking forward to the Rohirrim animated film that's in production, that's fleshing the world out a bit.

It would need to be spin offs or prequels (First Age maybe, do they have the rights?) The Jackson movies aren't long enough ago to demand a remake.

I am looking forward to the Rohirrim animated film that's in production, that's fleshing the world out a bit.

There has been talk of prequels or origin stories. One revolving around Aragorn's early days has been floated around.

I wish, instead of making good movie adaptation remakes, they'd redo s**t movies based on good books.

First Age rights are still with the Tolkien company.

I suppose people want orcs and goblins, right?

Never mind, just realised that A New Shadow would work better as a series, set 105 years after lord of the rings, following the decay of society.

But I’d want one of the best modern day fantasy novel writers (not Martin) penning a treatment, someone who knows Tolkien lore well.

But I’d want one of the best modern day fantasy novel writers (not Martin) penning a treatment, someone who knows Tolkien lore well.

To me that is Brandon Sanderson but I doubt he would do it.

David Eddings? He has been dead since 2009.

I wouldn't be against Robin Hobb.
I forgot that. I thought

The issue with Hobb is that she hasn't completed a book since 2016, and her latest trilogy was pretty average too

I suppose people want orcs and goblins, right?

Never mind, just realised that A New Shadow would work better as a series, set 105 years after lord of the rings, following the decay of society.

Interesting...was that the sequel he started writing but never finished? That would give a fair bit of room for original story threads to be worked in.

Interesting...was that the sequel he started writing but never finished? That would give a fair bit of room for original story threads to be worked in.

Yep. I wish he had not have abandoned it. I would like to see how he envisioned his world post-war. We have some glimpses of what happened but not a thorough story or even an outline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I wish he had not have abandoned it. I would like to see how he envisioned his world post-war. We have some glimpses of what happened but not a thorough story or even an outline.

I think I remember coming across it once...Aragorn's descendant flirting with the evil Sauron left behind, or something like that?

If what I think I read is what it was, sounds like an interesting story.

At the risk of upsetting those who are devoted to the Tolkien-verse, I don't care at all whether it closely follows the lore.

I just want something well made, well paced and well acted - so please no Hobbit completely unnecessary trilogy or some borefest or a last season Game of Thrones. There is hopefully room for a high budget high fantasy that doesn't treat its audience like they are in Idiocracy.

The First Age and the battle against Morgoth would be good.

I'm interested to see a map of them middle earth. It obviously was different back then.
Need to read the Silmarillion. Not easy, in the way 19th century novels aren't. But the there are good story threads in there. It helps understand what is going on in the Rings of Power.
I read a couple of time back in school, PEDs helped. ;)

Need to read the Silmarillion. Not easy, in the way 19th century novels aren't. But the there are good story threads in there. It helps understand what is going on in the Rings of Power.
I read a couple of time back in school, PEDs helped. ;)
Tea and coffee?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back