Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Very sad s**t. Hate the owners for that mess. San Diego is a beautiful city, love the beaches and Mexican influences. Use to work for my counsins tour company doing tours to Mexico, Catilina Is, Mamoth Mountain. So cool, good times.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Why don't you just do a GG then and change teams?
It's not a crime you know.

Didn't you read my previous posts?

1) Im a stubborn bitter old man

2) I abandoned a team for abandoning its city

Now, if Carolina got shipped to SD I would probably find a way to overcome number 2 ;)

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Sad end to the year. Big ask to to travel to east coast 2 weeks in a row and win. Still think we had a better side than the Pats, just didn’t turn up today.
Need to improve the O-line next year and give the QB more time.
We have to work on beating the Chiefs to win the division. Can’t win travelling.
Everything comes down to winning the division. Rivers has 1 more year, then its time for change.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I was giving Gus Bradley massive plaudits for coming up with a game plan to beat the Ravens last week, but by god, did he murder you guys today, refused to make adjustments, stayed with a smiliar set up the majority of the game after getting absolutely murdered in the 1st quarter.

The Pats would have planned all week around how they can exploit the small defensive line up and boy did they. Ran the ball beautifully, hard for guys who are dbs and safeties to fight off TE's, Guards and Tackles blocking them. To top that off the Chargers weren't even having any success stopping the check downs from Brady to his running baks in the passing game either...What did it need to take to tell him that maybe he needs to change things up?

Really disappointing outcome but thats what happens sometimes with tunnel vision coaching and an inability to be flexible when required.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Chargers seem to be getting a bit of pre competition love from some people on the forum pumping up their chances this year. I hate having the Chargers with High expectations pre season, prefer a under the radar approach.
Hopefully might get a few more on board this thread this year. Go Bolts!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chargers seem to be getting a bit of pre competition love from some people on the forum pumping up their chances this year. I hate having the Chargers with High expectations pre season, prefer a under the radar approach.
Hopefully might get a few more on board this thread this year. Go Bolts!
the Chargers are a seriously talented team both sides of the ball....there's no way they can fly under the radar.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Sick of this Gordon holdout. He has put himself in a no win situation, now with Charges calling off all contract talks till after the season. Real shame for both parties.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Lucky to win that but we’ll take it. Use to lose games like this. Colts kicker had a shocker but we let them back in with stupid turn overs. Good signs with JJ and Austin (Melvin who?). Henry, Bosa, Allen showed good signs. Can’t remember when we were 1-zip.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I know Ekeler blew up yesterday, but how about our boy HENRY #86 with all them blocks for Ekeler to run past everybody!

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Same ol Chargers shi itt!! For a team that usually plays down to wire every week, you would think they would get good at it, no, just find another way to lose. The year is gone.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow, sir.

• The Athletic's Vincent Bonsignore reports the Chargers "would listen" if the NFL approached them about relocating to London.
    According to Bonsignore, the possibility "has been broached among league personnel" and owners are "concerned enough about the Chargers’ situation in L.A. that they would provide the necessary support for a relocation to London if the Chargers pursue it." Tottenham Hotspur Stadium opened earlier this year with the NFL in mind and hosted two of the four London games this season after the across-the-pond series concluded this past Sunday. It seats over 62,000, and the Chargers are currently playing in a tiny soccer stadium in Carson, Cali. that seats a mere 27,000 where the Chargers are essentially the road team every week as it gets flooded with opposing fans. The Chargers are slated to join the Rams in their new $4.5 billion venue, but L.A. has not embraced the Bolts as it has the Rams. Moving to London would make a whole heck of a lot of sense, as the fans over there have totally embraced the NFL. It would likely require the Chargers switching divisions.
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Nov 4, 2019, 10:44 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Philip Rivers is in danger of being benched.
Rivers limped into the Chargers' bye, throwing a combined seven interceptions in losses to Oakland and Kansas City. While there's been plenty of blame to go around in L.A., Rivers' penchant for costly turnovers certainly hasn't helped the Chargers' cause. Despite Rivers' status as a franchise icon, coach Anthony Lynn won't hesitate to pull the plug on L.A.'s long-time starter if his struggles continue. The Chargers have a capable backup in Tyrod Taylor, who offers starting experience from previous stints in Buffalo and Cleveland.
RELATED:
SOURCE: NFL.com
Dec 1, 2019, 9:23 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Philip Rivers confirmed he wants to continue playing in 2020.
The declining veteran has had a rough year by all accounts, ranking among the league leaders in interceptions with 18 while leading the Chargers to a dismal 5-10 record, their worst in three seasons under head coach Anthony Lynn. Even if Rivers decides to return for a 17th season, which would seem to be his preference, there's no guarantee the impending free agent will be back with the Chargers in 2020. "I’m capable enough physically and mentally, there’s no question," said Rivers, who, for all his struggles, still ranks third in passing yards with 4,334. "Yes, I do want to play football. I do and that’s how I feel deep down as I stand here." With Rivers nearing the finish line, the rebuilding Bolts are sure to address their quarterback need in April's draft.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Dec 23, 2019, 9:59 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chargers selected Oregon QB Justin Herbert with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Herbert (6’6/236) is the third signal caller off the board in the first six picks, and will be the Chargers' first new starter at quarterback since 2006. Herbert opted to stay at Oregon for all four seasons despite receiving top-five buzz ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft. He ended his collegiate career with a lopsided 95 touchdowns to 23 picks (and 8.2 YPA) largely because of his elite arm strength. Arguably too reserved in college, Herbert’s traits are best-suited for a vertical or play-action offense. His overall accuracy (64% career completion rate) and stone hands (26 fumbles in 43 starts) are genuine concerns. A gifted athlete with 4.68 speed, Herbert has the ability to scramble for first downs when the pocket collapses and can handle designed runs, which increases his odds of panning out as a rookie starter and franchise cornerstone. While his size, arm talent, and mobility are prototypical of what NFL front offices covet, he needs to improve upon his in-pocket awareness and decision-making to unlock the upside of those gifted tools. Easing the transition will be a strong Chargers skill corps led by Keenan Allen, Austin Ekeler and Hunter Henry. Herbert still seems like a prime candidate for severe rookie growing pains.
Apr 23, 2020, 9:02 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chargers traded up with the Patriots to select Oklahoma LB Kenneth Murray with the No. 23 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
The Chargers dealt the Nos. 37 and 71 picks to come up 14 spots for Murray. Murray (6’2/241) was a three-year starting middle linebacker at Oklahoma who averaged 128.5 tackles over his last two seasons. His best trait is his 4.52 speed. He can get downhill in a hurry, deliver a pop against the run, and is fast enough to be a rangy in coverage. Only 21 years old, Murray has room for more development. He can be late on reads, misdiagnose running lanes, and was rarely tasked with covering tight ends or running backs man-to-man. A leader off the field and a high-energy player on it, Murray has rookie starter athleticism and competitiveness, profiling as a productive tackler and average coverage middle linebacker in the NFL.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chargers S Derwin James needs surgery to repair his injured meniscus and will miss 6-8 months, according to Josina Anderson.
James is considered one of the most talented defensive backs in the NFL, but this injury likely sidelines him for the entire 2020 season after playing in just five games in 2019. James also missed time in college with a knee injury. The Chargers simply cannot catch a break with injuries, as every season seems to include major time missed by significant pieces. There is no true replacement for James' versatility, but Desmond King could receive the first opportunity. Joe Burrow's first game as a professional is becoming more intriguing for fantasy purposes.
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Aug 31, 2020, 8:02 PM ET

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, who knows what the Chargers will serve up this year? Going to be strange without Rivers, but looking forward to new look team. Hopefully Taylor can do something, with Herbert waiting in the wings.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Our d was enormous :eggplant:

Don't know how I feel about that. Too nerve-wracking at the end to deal. I'm all for backing Tyrod but that was underwhelming.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, about all you could say about that was that it was good to come away with the win. Taylor and the offence didn’t gel and never look like taking it end to end. Lucky we had Bengals first up with the Rookie. Disappointed with our running game. Seemed to run smack into their D a lot with not much variation. Kelly looks good a good pick up.
Chiefs will smash us next week.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Yeah, about all you could say about that was that it was good to come away with the win. Taylor and the offence didn’t gel and never look like taking it end to end. Lucky we had Bengals first up with the Rookie. Disappointed with our running game. Seemed to run smack into their D a lot with not much variation. Kelly looks good a good pick up.
Chiefs will smash us next week.

Think you'll find the run will struggle a lot with Tyrod as your qb, teams will just load the box coz they don't respect him as a passer. Until he starts hittimg some deep shots at Williams or Allen to keep the opposing d honest the run game will suffer.

tha Freak

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Think you'll find the run will struggle a lot with Tyrod as your qb, teams will just load the box coz they don't respect him as a passer. Until he starts hittimg some deep shots at Williams or Allen to keep the opposing d honest the run game will suffer.
Exactly A11! It will be interesting to watch the next few games to see how the offence goes. But I haven’t got high hopes this year for the team. If the team can’t match it with the better sides, might as well get games into Herbert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back