Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Chargers CB Casey Hayward was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 1.
Hayward was thrown at a whopping 16 times by Joe Burrow, allowing eight catches for 82 scoreless yards in his coverage, but Hayward batted a couple passes and racked up an absurd 12 solo tackles in the Bolts' win. That's a lofty amount for a cornerback. Now 31, Hayward remains one of the best corners in the sport.

Well, looks like Bolts have their new QB. Gotta keep playing him, give him time to learn. Some silly mistakes and poor call by the coach not to go for it in time on, and we might of won.
Defence did their job and will keep us in games, if only we can get the offence to gel. We looked more potent with Herbert in charge.

Heartbreaking at the end. * Mahomes is good, throws 50+ yards to Hill, then rushes 20 to get the first down off 3rd and 20. Unstoppable really.

Super proud of how we played. Herbert is the man. 311 in his first outing, I'm much more confident about our offence moving forward than I was last week.

Herbert is the man. 311 in his first outing, I'm much more confident about our offence moving forward than I was last week.

As a Ducks fan, it was great to see him get a chance so early in the season. He'll make a few mistakes, but his passing is fun to watch.

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said Tyrod Taylor (chest) will be the starter "if he's 100 percent ready to go."
We question if Lynn watched the same Chargers games we did the last two weeks. In the season opener, Taylor was inconsistent against a very beatable Bengals defense. Then Justin Herbert took over in Week 2 against a better Chiefs defense, and the L.A. offense played with more life. Herbert's arm talent looks way better than Taylor's, even if Taylor provides less in-game chaos and great leadership for the locker room. The two are in a heated quarterback battle. Herbert should be the starter in most people's eyes. We'll see how Taylor progresses in Week 3 practices.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 20, 2020, 8:25 PM ET

That's some proper bullshit if Tyrod starts against the Panthers.
Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said Tyrod Taylor (ribs) gives the Chargers "the best chance to win."
"I know we can win with either quarterback," Lynn said, "but the veteran quarterback right now gives us the best chance to win. It’s not like we won the damn game yesterday. We lost last time I checked.” Herbert was impressive in his debut, completing 22-of-33 passes for 311 yards while breathing life into an offense that appeared dreadful in Week 1, but Lynn is clearly having none of it. Assuming Taylor is cleared from his injection gone awry, he'll be under center in Week 3 against the Panthers. Herbert would qualify as the week's top streamer if given the nod.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Miller on Twitter
Sep 21, 2020, 5:28 PM ET

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said Tyrod Taylor (ribs) gives the Chargers "the best chance to win."
"I know we can win with either quarterback," Lynn said, "but the veteran quarterback right now gives us the best chance to win. It’s not like we won the damn game yesterday. We lost last time I checked.” Herbert was impressive in his debut, completing 22-of-33 passes for 311 yards while breathing life into an offense that appeared dreadful in Week 1, but Lynn is clearly having none of it. Assuming Taylor is cleared from his injection gone awry, he'll be under center in Week 3 against the Panthers. Herbert would qualify as the week's top streamer if given the nod.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jeff Miller on Twitter
Sep 21, 2020, 5:28 PM ET

Fire him.

all i can think is that iNT by herbert cost them dearly, couldve easily tucked it and ran, tyrod wouldnt make that mistake hence "best chance to win"... herbert not quite "there"
Yep. One bad error though in a 300+ game vs the world champions. Mahomes being an absolute freak of nature didn't help our cause either.

Yep. One bad error though in a 300+ game vs the world champions. Mahomes being an absolute freak of nature didn't help our cause either.

Would love to know the date of the previous time Tyrod passed for 300 yards.

i agree trust me, lynn is being overly harsh, great debut by a rookie ffs, they make mistakes... says more to me that lynn is under pressure by management to win now or lose his job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to know the date of the previous time Tyrod passed for 300 yards.

vs the Dolphins in 2015 was his best game ever according to his Wiki page:

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 9.22.31 am.png

i agree trust me, lynn is being overly harsh, great debut by a rookie ffs, they make mistakes... says more to me that lynn is under pressure by management to win now or lose his job

Just listened to your podcast, hahaha

all i can think is that iNT by herbert cost them dearly, couldve easily tucked it and ran, tyrod wouldnt make that mistake hence "best chance to win"... herbert not quite "there"

It's strange, because early in his college career, he would run - last year, until the last couple of games, he hardly did at all. Perhaps he was coached not to last year (that was the belief), and it's stuck with him? He's definitely capable, but that was a strange decision not to run yesterday.

It's strange, because early in his college career, he would run - last year, until the last couple of games, he hardly did at all. Perhaps he was coached not to last year (that was the belief), and it's stuck with him? He's definitely capable, but that was a strange decision not to run yesterday.
id say its definitely lynn saying dont be a hero and run, you might get hurt, hang in the pocket and use your arm. he did run for the td tho on a designed play

Aaaaaaaaaah if only Ekeler caught that @ the end. Fair play to the Panthers, happy for Matt Rhule.

Herbert for 330yds, outstanding. A bit reckless at times, with some very risky throws - I'm confident we've got our man though. Surely Lynn doesn't go back to Tyrod now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back