Teams Los Angeles Chargers - The Bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a post somewhere saying how awesome we'd be with Daboll instead of Staley.
On early returns I can't say I'd disagree.

If he keeps it up you probably have Sean Payton next year.

Not a good day for San Diegans..

0x94en495nv91.jpg

The Athletic's Daniel Popper reports that Chargers CB J.C. Jackson suffered a ruptured patellar tendon and is out for the season.​

Jackson was reported to suffer a dislocated knee cap after exiting against the Seahawks in the second quarter, but unfortunately, he suffered additional damage as well. The injury will cause him to miss the remainder of 2022 and could impact his 2023 to a degree, as patellar tendon ruptures can be accompanied by significant recovery timelines. Jackson was struggling with the Chargers this season and was notably benched in Week 6, but his loss will still impact a vulnerable Chargers secondary that has turned Los Angeles into a pass funnel, despite the fact that they can't stop the run.

Speaking Monday, Chargers HC Brandon Staley told reporters that WR Mike Williams (ankle) will miss "weeks not days."​

It's an ominous quote from Staley and one that likely signals a trip to injured reserve for Williams. Keenan Allen was able to play through his hamstring injury in Week 7 and now has a Week 8 bye for additional rest, but Williams' absence will still leave a major hole on the outside for the Chargers. It's possible they could be in the market for an outside wide receiver, given that Josh Palmer has struggled this season. Jalen Guyton, who has been phased out of the offense this season, could see more work on the outside with Williams out. The Chargers will also likely find ways to get DeAndre Carter and Allen on the field together.

Chargers are now missing: CB 1, LT 1, RT 1, WRs 1,2,4, TEs 1,2, IDLs 2, 3, 4, EDGE 1, EDGE 4, RB 2 [r/chargers]

Joe Lombardi is horrendous at his job. Zero points in the 2nd half. Some of that playcalling, holy s**t. Schooled by Captain Holt ffs.

e7xw1c8hvvz91.jpg

Joe Lombardi is horrendous at his job. Zero points in the 2nd half. Some of that playcalling, holy s**t. Schooled by Captain Holt ffs.

e7xw1c8hvvz91.jpg

Not sure you can even sack any coaches on what we have seen this year, Chargers still playing with a lot of heart, unbelievable run of injuries to their best players.

Not sure you can even sack any coaches on what we have seen this year, Chargers still playing with a lot of heart, unbelievable run of injuries to their best players.
Not coaches, coach. Lombardi is costing us on a regular basis with his substandard playcalling. The ineptitude is so evident that even a horrendous injury record can't mask it.

Not coaches, coach. Lombardi is costing us on a regular basis with his substandard playcalling. The ineptitude is so evident that even a horrendous injury record can't mask it.

Fair enough, I havent seen anything too terrible but I havent watched the Chargers every week, wasn't anything too bad yesterday to my eye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree. Lombardi is expecting this offense to fit in to his bullshit scheme, rather than scheming to the players he has. I get we have injuries, but every team does. Lombardis' scheme is holding the offense back.
And I wouldn't be sad to see Staley go - he seems too clever for his own good. Let's get a solid X's and O's guy in charge. I don't want to say Frank Reich, but a QB friendly HC wouldn't go astray.

Last edited:
Lombardi was pretty good today, or Herb made him look good. O-Line gave Herb no time but
still got the job done. Ekeler and Kelly did some good stuff. The D work hard with all their outs and its nice to have a kicker we can Rely on.
You can never be sure about this team, but maybe if we get a few back from injury, maybe??

Forget the round 3 game result, Herbert should not have played with busted ribs after the Chiefs game. Took him weeks to get over it. Still not confident with what the Chargers will dish up. Jags and Lawrence have improved and will go in confident with home ground advantage. Just hope they show up and make a game of it. Should be close. Go Bolts ⚡⚡

Forget the round 3 game result, Herbert should not have played with busted ribs after the Chiefs game. Took him weeks to get over it. Still not confident with what the Chargers will dish up. Jags and Lawrence have improved and will go in confident with home ground advantage. Just hope they show up and make a game of it. Should be close. Go Bolts ⚡⚡

The defense was more of a concern than the offense that day imo. Jags shredded them. Need Bosa back to his best.

Very disappointing end to the season. How we let that lead slip is pitiful.
The coaching staff needs a shakeup, but I fear it won't given we made the playoffs, but I can't see this coaching group getting us to the promised land.

Very disappointing end to the season. How we let that lead slip is pitiful.
The coaching staff needs a shakeup, but I fear it won't given we made the playoffs, but I can't see this coaching group getting us to the promised land.
Good future still for the Chargers, good GM, they have talent, just a new HC and all will be better again. Like 10-7 is still a good season, at least the team isn't a rabble like the Browns org.

If any team was gonna find a way to blow a 27 point playoff lead my money would have been on the Chargers. Cursed franchise.

Pack ya bags Staley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back