Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, maybe we'll be found wanting in the playoffs, who knows? All I know is, it's been nice at 46-13, makes a nice change from the past six losing seasons, and at least we see the Lakers in the playoffs for the first time since 2012-13. So long as that bearded prick from the Rockets doesn't win, I'm happy. :)

Going to be such an interesting West Finals. Most likely Clippers Lakers but who knows? Denver can definitely cause an upset especially with Nikola playing this well.

Three massive games coming up. If we can go 2-1 it would convince me that we win the championship this year.

76ers, Bucks and Clippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixers were without Embiid & Simmons...

The Bucks/Clippers games will be very interesting

That’s why we need to win 2 of the 3 because the game against the 76ers was the one we expected to win.

Get one win against either the Bucks or Clippers and it’s a big confidence boost for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, welcome Dion Waiters

I'm happy about the signing, we wouldn't have got him if we thought he was going to be a headcase and ruin the team's chemistry. He's probably one of our top 3 shot creators already

Amazing weekend of basketball, really cemented our spot as a title threat now

Also low key we got the Morris twin more suited to our game plan (IMO they're just as good as each other), his ability to play small ball 5 was huge against the Clippers. We didn't have to give up anything to get him either lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re back today, lads

Hopefully a strong showing from LeBron and Anthony Alcindor to start off the bubble

Killer first up game. Elite defence from LBJ to finish off the game.

AD is a pure beast. Really liked Dion Waiters’ contribution. That spin move was silky. We have the wing defence to match anyone, shooting added. Depth at the big spots. All time best finisher = championship time.

Chuck says the Lakers will lose to Portland in thr first round if The Blazers sinch the 8th seed.

I personally disagree (as much as I love Dame) but you really don't want to start flirting with your form, give teams a mental belief the Lakers can be exposed/vulnerable going into the playoffs, esp with zero HC advantage.

I get the issues about Load Management and all that, but IMHO The Lakers have not got the depth or bench like the Clips to have the luxury of resting stars like LBJ or AD

Rondo is a pretty significant loss though I must say.

Chuck says the Lakers will lose to Portland in thr first round if The Blazers sinch the 8th seed.

I personally disagree (as much as I love Dame) but you really don't want to start flirting with your form, give teams a mental belief the Lakers can be exposed/vulnerable going into the playoffs, esp with zero HC advantage.

I get the issues about Load Management and all that, but IMHO The Lakers have not got the depth or bench like the Clips to have the luxury of resting stars like LBJ or AD

Rondo is a pretty significant loss though I must say.

Thats why ive said since day 1 of the season, lakers wont win.

Thats why ive said since day 1 of the season, lakers wont win.

Wouldn't say that Pistol Pete, but clearly it seems like the Lakers appear to be one of the main contenders that have struggled to regain their prpreCOVID19 form, esp without home court advantage

I would be far from throwing in the towel mate if if was a LAL fam, but I think Vogel needs to try start taking these bubble/playoff seeding games more seriously (even if they are essentially dead rubbers for the Lakers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back