Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Noctorniquet

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Perth Wildcats
Agree with not wanting Wade, not what we need at this stage. Also agree on Towns, but almost seems a fait accompli that the T-Wolves will snatch him up. Butler for me would be the go to FA over Love given the likelihood of having to young big men with plenty of long term upside.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Wade is just using us as leverage.

We won't be getting Towns unless we trade for pick 1.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Honestly, I don't mind whether we get Towns or Okafor, although the latter is looking more likely at this stage.

All I'm hoping is that we stack up on youth in our trades/in FA. Kobe's time (as much as he's been great for the franchise) is up - we need to look for the future with a starting lineup like this:

PG Clarkson
SG FA (Butler?)
SF Also FA, not sure who though
PF Randle
C Okafor

Although I'm not convinced Clarkson will become a star PG just yet.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly, I don't mind whether we get Towns or Okafor, although the latter is looking more likely at this stage.

All I'm hoping is that we stack up on youth in our trades/in FA. Kobe's time (as much as he's been great for the franchise) is up - we need to look for the future with a starting lineup like this:

PG Clarkson
SG FA (Butler?)
SF Also FA, not sure who though
PF Randle
C Okafor

Although I'm not convinced Clarkson will become a star PG just yet.

Kobe is still star and he showed that this season before getting injured. Still averaged elite numbers for an old dude and is a star.

Clarkson is a gun IMO, he has decent handles, can shoot and drive the lane, he can dish and get to the rack and finish. He can do everything and will only get better with time.

If we got Butler I'd be playing him at the 3 as he is a gun defensively and would be our first option to match up on LeBron, KD, Melo, George etc plus allowing us to keep Kobe or another shooter at the 2 guard.

Rumours that we are pushing for a Cousins trade so fingers crossed on that front as well.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah realistically though, we won't be contending this coming season, and Kobe won't be around for our next title push. This may sound horrible, but the sooner he goes, the better - for cap space, that is.

Would like to see Clarkson follow up his superb last season with another one before I call him a starter. To me, he's a very good 6th man for a future contender at the moment, but that could change soon, and I believe it will.

Good call with Butler, would do well at the three against those that you mentioned.

Do not want Cousins if what we're rumoured to be paying up is true. Apparently it's pick 2, Randle and Clarkson - completely wrecks us for future years IMO.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah realistically though, we won't be contending this coming season, and Kobe won't be around for our next title push. This may sound horrible, but the sooner he goes, the better - for cap space, that is.

Would like to see Clarkson follow up his superb last season with another one before I call him a starter. To me, he's a very good 6th man for a future contender at the moment, but that could change soon, and I believe it will.

Good call with Butler, would do well at the three against those that you mentioned.

Do not want Cousins if what we're rumoured to be paying up is true. Apparently it's pick 2, Randle and Clarkson - completely wrecks us for future years IMO.

The suggested trades I had seen were us moving pick 2 + some fillers and getting Cousins + pick 6, Vucevic to Sacramento + pick 5 and Orlando getting pick 2 + some change or something along those lines.

Would be good to get Cousins plus also having a shot at Russell/Mudiay as well. Although it is probably a pipe dream at this stage.

You're right, we probably won't be contending next season but I tell you what, imagine if we signed Jimmy Butler, ended up in the lottery again and by some miracle got pick 1 and drafted Simmons!

Clarkson
Butler
Simmons
Randle
Okafor

MOIST.

A man cam dream, can't he?

Noctorniquet

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Perth Wildcats
So we get Russell, does that imply that potentially one of Aldridge/Love could be on their way? Interesting choice. Hope not selecting Okafor comes back to bite us.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Great pick was Russell IMO.

Every team that wants to challenge needs a marque Point Guard in this league and Russell is the best chance for us to get that without paying through the nose.

Apparently we are very confident of landing Love/Aldridge in Free Agency.

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Welcome Larry Nance Jr. o_O

11535898_617244398379215_6455191334915334365_n.jpg

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Well, we blew it. Sorta.

Apparently we're going after Roy Hibbert. Don't mind that at all, actually:

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe
? (Swaggy P?)
Randle
Hibbert

The good thing is, Hibbert's contract only lasts a year. Givesus the freedom to hopefully go all out next year on a nice SF and C.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, we blew it. Sorta.

Apparently we're going after Roy Hibbert. Don't mind that at all, actually:

Russell/Clarkson
Kobe
? (Swaggy P?)
Randle
Hibbert

The good thing is, Hibbert's contract only lasts a year. Givesus the freedom to hopefully go all out next year on a nice SF and C.

We'll be needing a replacement at the 2 guard also as it'll be Kobe's last season.

Great. Another soft big man, we needed to replace Gasol eventually I suppose.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
We'll be needing a replacement at the 2 guard also as it'll be Kobe's last season.

Great. Another soft big man, we needed to replace Gasol eventually I suppose.
Clarkson/Russell haha.

One season rental. It's fine.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Pretty nice piece to add coming off the bench.

When we land Hibbert we will be starting to look like a 500 team.
And now we have Brandon Bass too.

Clarkson/Russell
Kobe/Williams/Brown
Swaggy/Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance
Hibbert/Black

Might have missed out a few. That's not a bad team without injuries IMO, would certainly lessen the blow of losing our pick.

Disappointing to miss out on LMA as well as Love, but it looks like we are quite active regardless.

Williams obviously just had a fantastic season & I'd expect him to feature in a similar role off the bench.

Hibbert does not have much to offer offensively but he is a real solid defender who will surely slot straight in at centre. Two time AS and a noted defender which will be a very valuable addition to a squad that is otherwise lacking in that position.

Bass represents a nice piece of business as a veteran big who adds a bit more size and aggression. Certainly a significant upgrade on what we've had recently as options for that position.

Do we know what's going on with Hill? Really hope he stays on and AFAIK we're interested in keeping him on board but he'd be of value to plenty of sides out there so could be on the move as a FA.

Swaggy sounds like he may be moved on which I'd be disappointed in as he'd certainly be of value to us heading forward. Also some talk that Kelly and/or Sacre may be on the move to the Pacers in exchange for Hibbert....which I'd be more than OK with.

Likely to be further changes made prior to the start of the year, and a few more additions to be made to reach the 15 man roster, but a roster of...

PG Clarkson/Russell
SG Kobe/Williams/Brown
SF Johnson/Young
PF Randle/Bass/Nance
C - Hibbert/Hill/Black

...I'm OK with, for now. Still plenty of areas which need improving, but things are starting to look positive and certainly that is a better roster than what we had last season.

JR95

All Australian
Apr 11, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Hill to the Pacers and Lin to the Hornets frees up some room.

Not unhappy to lose either of them. Especially Lin and I would say with those moves it guarantees Swaggy is staying.

Think we have had a great off-season so far and could even possibly sneak an 8 seed if everything goes our way.

100 times better than last year's roster.

Must admit I did LOL when it was discovered Lou Williams also comes with 2 girlfriends. The benefits of being an NBA player.

Back