Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

calaisking

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
So what are your prediction's on where we will finish this year and who we will spend the Kobe cash on next season?

Hard to predict.. Our team has so many question marks over it. If the rookies can shine ( Clarkson/Russell/Randle ) we should do alright, not pushing for a playoff series but we'll have a better record then our previous few years. I also have a feeling we'll make a big player acquisition mid year.

14mjt

Draftee
Aug 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I love Kobe Bryant but we wont get any big names when he is on our roster. Really hope he understands that and retires next year. We have a good young group with Russel, JC and Randal.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lakers will completely waste this whole year if they let Kobe go out and shoot 6 of 22 nightly. What exactly is he teaching them - how to compete for offensive rebounds :rolleyes:

Loved the highlights presenters observation - "Bryant doing his best impersonation of MJ in a Wizards uniform" :D

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Lakers will completely waste this whole year if they let Kobe go out and shoot 6 of 22 nightly. What exactly is he teaching them - how to compete for offensive rebounds :rolleyes:

Loved the highlights presenters observation - "Bryant doing his best impersonation of MJ in a Wizards uniform" :D
The Lakers will be thanking him, he's single-handedly keeping their pick this year.

Very sad that he's retiring. Greatest Laker of all time. Most loyal player of all time. Top 5 player of all time.

Very sad that he's retiring. Would be sad if he retired two or three seasons ago, now it's just a relief.
Greatest Laker of all time. No, the greatest Laker of all-time will ALWAYS be Magic.
Most loyal player of all time. Yes he stayed with the Lakers his whole 20 year career, but no because he was not always a team player and as a result may have cost the Lakers especially recently with their rebuild. Magic, Kareem, Worthy and co always put the name on the front of the jersey ahead of the name on the back, that cannot be said about Kobe, that final contract screamed ME ME ME and Lakers be damned.
Top 5 player of all time. No, there are at least 9/10 others players I'd rate ahead of him.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...pportunities-chris-paul-had-under-byron-scott

I read this article last night and I really do not like it. I specifically do not like the insinuation that Russell is being made to take a back seat role - by Scott - because he is not CP. It really does not sit well with me.

Also, if the Black Mumba joint masturbation session is going to happen every single night this season I am going to vomit.

Back