Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Think that's it for the year. At least we got a championship last year. A bizarre squad, one that does not suit the current way of the nba.

Needs some big changes. I'd love to see LeBron with truly elite 3pt shooting around him.

get rid of Schroeder, Kuzma, Drummond, Gasol and who ever else.

Why is Harrell getting so few minutes? At least he has a crack

It is not just injuries though.

Rondo is better than Schroeder
Dwight is better than Gasol/Drummond
Kuzma has not come on

This years roster is not as good as last years.
Dwight was unplayable most of the finals series

Injuries have crippled this roster as has the short turnaround season

It is not just injuries though.

Rondo is better than Schroeder
Dwight is better than Gasol/Drummond
Kuzma has not come on

This years roster is not as good as last years.
Dwight was unplayable most of the finals series

Injuries have crippled this roster as has the short turnaround season
as diehard liverpool fans its been a s**t season for us in both sports. everyones injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow wee - does not seem a good fit for me.

It seems plainly obvious that the thing LeBron needs is elite 3pt marksman and he has never really had them. Westbrook is obviously not that piece.

Not sure where the spacing is going to come from in this team.

I don't mind it. I like that the seeming difference between Hield and Westbrook was basically KCP

We can get some role players through MMLE, vet mins and the Schroder S&T still. I'm personally kinda excited

Wow wee - does not seem a good fit for me.

It seems plainly obvious that the thing LeBron needs is elite 3pt marksman and he has never really had them. Westbrook is obviously not that piece.

Not sure where the spacing is going to come from in this team.

Westbrook is about as good a shooter as Rondo was in 19/20, and no worse a shooter than what Schroder was in 20/21. They obviously need shooting, but their offence will have plenty of good scoring opportunities simply by having 3 guys who are as good as getting to the rim as any other trio in the league. The LA Times also suggested that this "Big 3" have had discussions about LeBron playing at the 4 next season with AD at the 5. In which case, spacing would be more prevalent. If Vogel goes with 2 bigs and keeps AD at the 4, then there's going to be more issues for sure.

I don't mind it. I like that the seeming difference between Hield and Westbrook was basically KCP

We can get some role players through MMLE, vet mins and the Schroder S&T still. I'm personally kinda excited

Gotta think that they're doing a Schroder S&T somewhere - which is very much a possibility given there's a glutton of FA point guards and he's probably at the bottom of the pile. If they just let him go for nothing (which is still a chance as he's an UFA), then it certainly will make putting a championship team around the Big 3 exponentially tougher.

I assume they'll re-sign Caruso and THT, whilst Gasol and McKinnie are under contract as well.

Westbrook/??
Caruso/THT
??/McKinnie
LeBron/??
AD/Gasol

Bring back a guy like Marcus Morris as a stretch 4, I'd love to see Dwight Howard as a backup 5 meaning Gasol only plays in emergency situations. Then hopefully they can turn Schroder via S&T into a shooter 3&D type big wing, use the MMLE on a backup point (or vice versa depending on what you get in the Schroder trade).

It would no doubt be quite an exciting lineup with plenty of run and gun opportunities with excellent defenders at all levels of the court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back