Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't fathom how LeBron thought Westbrook would make them better

Add Melo, Rondo, Ariza, DJ, Dwight, Bazemore and Bradley and you have garbage

Westbrook is a decent portion of the problem right now. So is Vogel. Both need to go for us to really be in a good position again, IMO

I really think the Blazers loss was mostly down to a lack of overall effort before the trade deadline, though. Bron and AD seemed off, the supporting cast uncertain of their future

Gut feel is that THT, Nunn, Baze, Ariza, DJ are all gone by 7am. Sounds like we’re part of the way there, with a THT for Reddish/Burks swap being rumoured (which I’m all for btw)

Westbrook is a decent portion of the problem right now. So is Vogel. Both need to go for us to really be in a good position again, IMO

I really think the Blazers loss was mostly down to a lack of overall effort before the trade deadline, though. Bron and AD seemed off, the supporting cast uncertain of their future

Gut feel is that THT, Nunn, Baze, Ariza, DJ are all gone by 7am. Sounds like we’re part of the way there, with a THT for Reddish/Burks swap being rumoured (which I’m all for btw)
Welp, my gut feel was 100% off

We’re still bad

I missed the game - what did he do?

This team is going to implode and end up a lottery team. Unbelievable.
and one assumes lebron will leave when his son enters the A (unless we get him).

at times he's just so passive. holds the ball, holds it. then fires off a pass at the wrong time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and one assumes lebron will leave when his son enters the A (unless we get him).

at times he's just so passive. holds the ball, holds it. then fires off a pass at the wrong time
He does love 20 seconds of ISO followed by a hospital pass to some poor and usually s**t shooter.

It really is not that hard to build a proper roster.

Brooklyn (IMO) have just improved themselves by getting rid of Harden by having one ball dominant scorer in KD, bucket loads of shooting, and some (hopefully) elite defence and play making in Simmons. There is a balanced team. If Kyrie gets vexed then it is all systems go.

Sixers have improved themselves with an elite point forward in Harden, ball dominant scorer in Embiid, and pieces that fit around that.

Lakers have three ball dominant scorers - all of them wanting to score in/around the paint. Who ever thought that could possibly ever work. None of them capable of creating spacing, Russ can shoot any time he wants from 3, AD can shoot any time he wants from 3, and LeBron can have it as well as long as it keeps him away from the lanes - which leaves the opposition playing an under 14's style zone which easily and completely nullifies the Lakers offence. It is just dumb. And those three players are costing over $120m :sick:

There is stupid, and then there is the Lakers

Last edited:
He does love 20 seconds of ISO followed by a hospital pass to some poor and usually sh*t shooter.

It really is not that hard to build a proper roster.

Brookly (IMO) have just improved themselves by getting rid of Harden by having one ball dominant scorer in KD, bucket loads of shooting, and some (hopefully) elite defence and play making in Simmons. There is a balanced team. If Kyrie gets vexed then it is all systems go.

Sixers have improved themselves with an elite point forward in Harden, ball dominant scorer in Embiid, and pieces that fit around that.

Lakers have three ball dominant scorers - all of them wanting to score in/around the paint. Who ever thought that could possibly ever work. None of them capable of creating spacing, Russ can shoot any time he wants from 3, AD can shoot any time he wants from 3, and LeBron can have it as well as long as it keeps him away from the lanes - which leaves the opposition playing an under 14's style zone which easily and completely nullifies the Lakers offence. It is just dumb. And those three players are costing over $120m :sick:

There is stupid, and then there is the Lakers

yes. exactly.

the old 20 seconds iso and give it to someone then. its the steve waugh of basketball. hahaha

You have another 22 games of LeBron stat padding chasing Kareem.

He has given up on winning
Im not sure he's given up winning, I don't think he can make the adjustments required to be a winner anymore.

He needs to go old school Magic Johnson(circa 1996) and play Power Forward to finish off his career, and be a finisher not a ball dominate 'Point' forward. Defensively he cant move with the wings on a constant basis anymore yet he still has enough smarts and is quick enough and big enough for the modern PF. But the real key is the ball has to get out of his hands and the team needs to play a resemblance of an offensive structure!!

Im not sure he's given up winning, I don't think he can make the adjustments required to be a winner anymore.

He needs to go old school Magic Johnson(circa 1996) and play Power Forward to finish off his career, and be a finisher not a ball dominate 'Point' forward. Defensively he cant move with the wings on a constant basis anymore yet he still has enough smarts and is quick enough and big enough for the modern PF. But the real key is the ball has to get out of his hands and the team needs to play a resemblance of an offensive structure!!

Hi Phat,

are you a lakers fan?

Anything is worth a try now. Maybe Westbrook as a traditional point guard and LeBron as a traditional PW can work. Westbrook with whatever his role is now is not working.

Putting LeBron in the paint might actually create some spacing in a weird way.

I get the feeling that LeBron is just happy collecting 30pts a game and thinks most (all) of his teammates are useless.

Anything is worth a try now. Maybe Westbrook as a traditional point guard and LeBron as a traditional PW can work. Westbrook with whatever his role is now is not working.

Putting LeBron in the paint might actually create some spacing in a weird way.

I get the feeling that LeBron is just happy collecting 30pts a game and thinks most (all) of his teammates are useless.
I think you're spot on with the last point, LBJ being only around 1800 points off Kareem might be more of a driver than a championship at this point in his career so where ever he is next year(Lakers or elsewhere) I wouldn't expect too much focus on winning.

The rebuild of the list over the next couple of years will be interesting, obviously a couple of tough contracts to deal with but the Lakers will find a way.

Age waits for noone
Hello LBJ ... Met the cliff

Falling over, stumbling around the floor like age finally catching up with him.

This game is absolute torture to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back