Vandal

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2004
Your mum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Re: Marc Bulger and Tory Holt

Mizza said:
Is Marc Bulger and Torry Holt both playin this week. And how healthy r they.
I cant find it any info that says anything about them, on on ESPN Fantasy NFL there put done as Probable.

I think Bulger is definitely in and a decision is going to be made on Holt tomorrow.

marcuz said:
Both should play.

The rams if they can get Bulger, Holt and Little back are the value bet of the round in my opinion. With martz gone the rams offense is more balanced and less predictable.

Second that. Only concerns : Just may be rusty first up vs a polished and in- form home team.
On the flipside, maybe the last hoorah to challenge for the division and consider they have popped the Seahawks 3 times last season.

Both played... from what I see they had some troubles. Holt couldnt see a ball that almost fell in his lap... would have been a TD... and he dropped another the normally would have caught... basically the ball game.

Re: Can the Rams make the Playoffs

I wouldn't say no chance.

They won't catch the Seahawks unless they have an implosion . . . always possible with Seattle . . . but not likely this season.

There are currently three teams ahead of them for wildcard spots (not including tie-breakers for 4-5 teams), with the Giants (6-3) and the NFC South Falcons & Buc's (both 6-3 also). The NFC South teams are interesting as they are yet to play a lot of divisonal games. Those games will determine the fate of those two teams, and one will go 6-4 after this weekend.

The Rams have a pretty easy draw, sorry schedule . . . Cardinals, Texans (A), Redskins, Vikings (A), Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys (A)

They could easily finish with a 9-7 record, which probably wouldn't be enough, but anythings possible in the NFC.

Last week's loss REALLY STUNG. **ouch** I'm with JD on this one.
Mathematically possible as they now have thier scoring committee capable of shaping up W's on thier winnable schedule. 9-7 for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

balmainforever said:
Absolutely no chance

I stand by my initial comment:
Absolutely no chance.

Woodson you should know that mathematics doesn't work. You actually have to be playing well to win games and get in. They'll be lucky to get to 6-10

JeffDunne said:
The Rams have a pretty easy draw, sorry schedule . . . Cardinals, Texans (A), Redskins, Vikings (A), Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys (A)

Pretty easy?...well Cards did the job but I wouldnt say Skins, Vikings away, Eagles and Cowboys away an easy run home. You can already write in games v Texans and 49ers although the 49ers did give Seattle a run for thier money but Rams have about as much chance of playoffs as David Carr has of throwing a pass over 15 yards...

dougk

Debutant
Nov 13, 2005
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney FC, Arsenal

I am a rams fan and i think at best we can get 7-9 so if were extremly lucky we could get 8-8 but theres no real chance.

Rory said:
Pretty easy?...well Cards did the job but I wouldnt say Skins, Vikings away, Eagles and Cowboys away an easy run home. You can already write in games v Texans and 49ers although the 49ers did give Seattle a run for thier money but Rams have about as much chance of playoffs as David Carr has of throwing a pass over 15 yards...
No doubt they are shot now but it's still an easy schedule.

The Cards have plenty of young talent and can surprise when they put it together - but the Rams are pretty beaten up both on and off the field. A total of 6 rushing yards was pitiful.

I still stand by my comment re: the schedule. Any team worthy of a playoff spot would win most of those games. 49ers are crap (Seattle played poorly), Texans even worse (worst team in the NFL), 'Skins can't beat anyone in the AFC, the Eagles offense is almost shot, Vikings are getting better but are currently a below average team . . . one tough game in 7 is an easy schedule IMO (if you're playoff worthy).

Re: Can the Rams make it over 6-10?

balmainforever said:
I stand by my initial comment:
Absolutely no chance.

Woodson you should know that mathematics doesn't work. You actually have to be playing well to win games and get in. They'll be lucky to get to 6-10

On the flipside, the mathematics are more about the NFC ;) If the Lambs were in the AFC, then you're right, haul in the FAT LADY and let her sing.

I think the Lambs can squeeze over 6-10. Houston are simply dreadful.

Woodson said:
On the flipside, the mathematics are more about the NFC ;) If the Lambs were in the AFC, then you're right, haul in the FAT LADY and let her sing.

I think the Lambs can squeeze over 6-10. Houston are simply dreadful.

strangely enough, this year the nfc is not matching up badly with the afc. last year afc won about 67% of the games, but this year it was 20-20 until denver just beat dallas. don't know what that says, but it could be that it is a only an incorrect perception that the afc is streaks ahead of the nfc

Lenny Briscoe said:
strangely enough, this year the nfc is not matching up badly with the afc. last year afc won about 67% of the games, but this year it was 20-20 until denver just beat dallas. don't know what that says, but it could be that it is a only an incorrect perception that the afc is streaks ahead of the nfc

I think it might say that the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC is that far ahead of the rest of the AFC that the NFC can beat these other 12 teams.

Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA

balmainforever said:
I think it might say that the top 3 or 4 teams in the AFC is that far ahead of the rest of the AFC that the NFC can beat these other 12 teams.

That's certainly looking the case mate. I would be very, very suprised if an NFC team wins the Super Bowl this season. Stranger things have happened, but gee, the top AFC teams look a long way ahead.

dougk

Debutant
Nov 13, 2005
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney FC, Arsenal
Re: Is Marc Bulger playing again this year

I am a rams fan and i think he will only be back if we make the play-offs (which is unlikley)

Marshall Faulk to officially announce retirement next week

Faulk to officially announce retirement next week

ST. LOUIS -- Marshall Faulk sat out last season with a knee injury that threatened to end his career. He'll officially close the door on his playing days Monday when he announces his retirement at the NFL owners meetings.

Faulk earned offensive player of the year honors four times during his stellar career.
Faulk was the NFL MVP in 2000 and offensive player of the year three years running from 1999-2001. The 34-year-old helped the Rams win their only Super Bowl after the '99 season. He is ninth on the career rushing list with 12,279 yards and tied for sixth with 100 rushing touchdowns.

"He was great for St. Louis, he was great for the Rams and he made the dome an exciting place to be on Sunday," team spokesman Rick Smith said."But it was just a matter of when he would retire."

Faulk began working for the NFL Network as an analyst last year when wear and tear began to get to his knees. He was a seven-time Pro Bowl selection with seven 1,000-yard rushing seasons and 38 100-yard games, and was the first player in league history to gain 2,000 yards rushing and receiving combined in four consecutive seasons from 1998-2001.

His last 1,000-yard rushing season was in 2001, though, and he lost his starting job in 2004 when the Rams drafted Steven Jackson in the first round. Last year, Jackson began the Rams' first player since Faulk to accumulate 2,000 yards from scrimmage and broke Faulk's single-season reception mark with 88 catches. Faulk's career highlights

"It has been an honor and pleasure to play in the National Football League," Faulk said in a statement. "I'd like to thank all my teammates and coaches with whom I've been associated over the past 13 seasons as well as the fans who supported me throughout the years.

"I gave the game my passion, and it gave me a wonderful career and memories that I will always be thankful for."

Faulk set an NFL record, since broken, with 26 touchdowns in his 2000 MVP season. He played his first five seasons with the Indianapolis Colts and the Rams acquired him for second- and fifth-round draft picks.

Faulk had a career-low 292 yards rushing in 2005, his final season.

CONS_SS

Premiership Player
NFL Board HoF NFL Draft Comp Participant NFL Mock Draft Participant Armchair Endzone Participant
Feb 2, 2006
Other Teams
DALLAS COWBOYS
Re: Marshall Faulk to officially announce retirement next week

I remember in the Rams SB win he was basically shut down in the running game by the Titans but to his credit (and versatility) still managed to get almost 100 yards receiving as part of the Greatest show on turf. I really liked the guy what are other poeples thoughts on him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back