Teams Los Angeles Rams - The Rammers

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/08/super-bowl-52-lii-predictions-midseason-nfl-playoffs

Sports Illustrated mid season predictions...

By Peter King

I am all-in on the Rams, which can be pretty dangerous. The franchise hasn't finished over .500 since 2003. Their coach just began shaving in May. Also in May: Their quarterback looked like a bust. But I see what I see. I see a smart and high-powered offense that can protect the quarterback and is as scary on the ground as it is through the air. I see an imaginative coach with a good grip on his team.

I see a voracious front seven with a big star (Aaron Donald) playing better than his rep. I see a team in the last three weeks that has won three, seven and three time zones away from home, respectively. (Did you know the Rams won their last three straight by double-digits at 1 p.m., 10 a.m and 10 a.m. on their body clocks?)

The road thing will come in handy during the playoffs, in my calculation, because the Rams could well have to win in a hostile environment against an excellent team like Philadelphia to win it all. But will that really matter? This team is 2-8 at the Coliseum since the return of the franchise to Los Angeles, and the Rams are 5-0 away from home this year.

As for climbing Mount Belichick, I'm sure some wise guy out there will point out that, on the day that Bill Belichick coordinated the Giants' defense that shut down John Elway in Super Bowl XXI, Sean McVay was 1 year and 1 day old, and how on earth could the great Belichick ever lose to a guy less than half his age? My counter: The coaches won't be putting on pads that day. The Rams, except at quarterback, will be deeper and better on Super Sunday.

o_O:D:thumbsu:

McVay is boy genius, and kudos to Sneed for hiring him and taking a chance on a guy that I'm sure some of the Rams players are older than.

I predicted this in the pre season. I'm all in on McVay and obviously Phillips at DC is massive. Plus always knew Goff was a star in the making. Unlike that chump at the raiders.

.... bit harsh on the chump GG!! Watched some of the Dolphins game and he wasn't that bad... 300yards 21/30 and a TD. Thought Cook played well, he is well on the way to a career best season.

Rams get it done in the second half against the Texans. 7-33.

Four takeaways and some outstanding big offensive plays get the job done.

Robert Woods 94 yard TD reception was the longest Ram reception for a TD since Bucky Pope caught a 95 yarder in 1964. Brilliant throw from Goff under pressure from his own endzone fires it over 50 yards to Woods who didn't have to break stride.

Big NFC match up next week against the 7-2 Vikings and our former starter Case Keenum.

Rams get beaten by the Vikings 24-7. Vikings far too good in the second half. Rams D unable to make any plays or apply any pressure on Keenum, who played a great game. Vikings D stopped Gurley and their secondary were very good.

A fumble by Kupp on the one yard line in the first half proved very costly.

On to next week and a huge game against the Saints in LA.

Rams move to 8-3 after a good win against the now 8-3 Saints. Some unusual play calls from McVay late but we get the job done. GO RAMS!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So frustrating late in the game when we had 2-3 opportunities for an interception yet grassed them. They then get one when Watkins knocked one up. Had all the ingredients for a heartbreaking loss for a while there.
8-3 though I’ll take every day of the week and guaranteed .500 season.
Massive game for us at Arizona next week with the Eagles visiting Seattle.

So frustrating late in the game when we had 2-3 opportunities for an interception yet grassed them. They then get one when Watkins knocked one up. Had all the ingredients for a heartbreaking loss for a while there.
8-3 though I’ll take every day of the week and guaranteed .500 season.
Massive game for us at Arizona next week with the Eagles visiting Seattle.

The Saints interception was one of the more comical ones I've seen. The ball was under-thrown but Watkins could have made a better effort of slowing and using his body. He made up for it late with a very committed catch of the on side kick which iced the game for us.

The stupidist thing was the helmet to helmet hit by Countess on Fleener that cost us -- to compound the actions of Countess was that the Saints sent Fleener back out there without the concussion test -- what was even stupider than that was that Brees actually passed the ball to him. He dropped the ball as he didn't know which ball to go for as he had quadruple vision. :huh::huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any win on the road is good and it knocked them out of the race too.
Was hoping for the Eagles to help us and beat the Seahawks - but not to be. Week 15 at Seattle will probably determine our fate

Seahawks were very good - I know the majority of teams rely on their QB to get the job done but to say the Seahawks rely upon Wilson is an understatement. His scrambling ability is outstanding.

I thought the Rams Defense was much better against the run in the second half. Huge game against the Eagles this week - I think the whole competition has had an eye on this match up for a while now Goff v Wentz. Hopefully the ye olde Colosseum is packed and we get closer to 80K than 60K. GouRams.

Except Kerwyn Williams was constantly gashing your front seven carry after carry in the second half. Put up 90 yards on about 10 carries in the second half

Second quarter. Williams had 8 carries for 76 yards.

Second half 5 carries for 11 yards.

Solid win today by the Rams. Even though Seattle had some major injury issues to go in there and thrash them was a great achievement.

Todd Gurley was dominant. 21 carries for 152 yards 3TD. 3 Receptions 28 yards 1TD.

Move to 10-4 -- it has been a long time since we've seen double figures in the W column.

:D

Solid win today by the Rams. Even though Seattle had some major injury issues to go in there and thrash them was a great achievement.

Todd Gurley was dominant. 21 carries for 152 yards 3TD. 3 Receptions 28 yards 1TD.

Move to 10-4 -- it has been a long time since we've seen double figures in the W column.

:D
It's been a long drought and a long time since I've been this excited by the Rams. Gurley extraordinary.

Very nervous about this week's playoff. The Falcons have plenty to prove after their Super Bowl collapse.
Predictions?

I think of the four wildcard matches this may be the closest. Falcons will fancy their chances against our secondary and if they bring their post season form from last season we may struggle.

The Falcons will bring plenty of heat on Gurley and force Goff to be the game breaker. I am rapt we are in the playoffs for the first time in 14 years - they are hard to get into. So when you’re there make the most of it.

Greg the leg is a massive loss for us and may prove to be the difference.

We have been competitive in every match this season (barring last week when we ran the backups) and hopefully we can do the same tomorrow. Hoping for a win. Rams 24 Falcons 21.

Not good enough I’m afraid. :(

Congrats to the Falcons.

I was impressed with Goff didn’t drop his head and threw some good passes under pressure. Too many drops by our receivers.

Our D jut couldn’t get that turnover and the Falcons offense were just too good ..... the less said about Cooper’s game the better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contract-year DT Aaron Donald has no plans to hold out for the second-consecutive year in 2018.

Turning 27 in May, Donald will be grossly underpaid in 2018 ($6.89 million), but lacks the holdout "leverage" he had last summer. He must report a month before the start of the regular season if he wants to become a free agent, as scheduled, in 2019. Even at that point, Donald will be franchise tagged absent a long-term deal. With the ability to franchise tag Donald again in 2020, the Rams hold all the cards. Donald has a strong claim to 2017 Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Source: ESPN.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back