Teams Los Angeles Rams - The Rammers

Remove this Banner Ad

larkis missed all the fun
jokes on the bandwagon, they still have to follow Kroenke. See what he has done to the Arsenal for the last decade. s**t owners ruin top QBs all the time - see RG3 and that fat guy in Oakland.

Rams v Chiefs in Mexico.
d6e475b69eb1c815c4ebe184fce6bbb2.jpg

Not anything to worry about as such, but some interesting points about history and teams like the Rams coming off last season

*apart from Pete Carroll being a "rookie" coach in Seattle that is :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ms-aaron-donalds-reps-dont-agree-on-dts-value

Looks like the Rams and Donald are a fair way apart. :(

"I don't think they're unrealistic," Demoff said, via The Rams Wire. "I think they see their client at a certain point that they value at, we see it at a different point. To me, that doesn't mean one side is right or wrong. I think that's the worst thing you can say in negotiations. We don't agree, but that doesn't make us right and them wrong. It doesn't make them right and us wrong. We just don't agree. And hopefully we can find that magic bullet to go get there and agree."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ms-aaron-donalds-reps-dont-agree-on-dts-value

Looks like the Rams and Donald are a fair way apart. :(

"I don't think they're unrealistic," Demoff said, via The Rams Wire. "I think they see their client at a certain point that they value at, we see it at a different point. To me, that doesn't mean one side is right or wrong. I think that's the worst thing you can say in negotiations. We don't agree, but that doesn't make us right and them wrong. It doesn't make them right and us wrong. We just don't agree. And hopefully we can find that magic bullet to go get there and agree."

I am all for paying Donald big money as he deserves it. But if the rumors that he wants QB style money, despite there probably being a couple of defenders better than him, I wouldn't do it. Look at the Patriots, seldom overpay players and are able to keep a Super Bowl contending team together year in and year out and lure quality players. If we put all of our eggs in one basket for Donald, will potentially hold us back and restrict our ability to build a team. Hence I am siding with the team in making a sensible deal. To bad you hardly see players who are happy to get paid big money, and want to win games and be a team player, not hold the team hostage. As opposed to some players who get offered a big deal, that makes them paid better than 99% of the league, yet they want more because money, not superbowls is the priority.

We have signed deals for Cooks and Gurley. Still got Goff and likely Peters to come as well.

Rams Sign DE Marcus Martin - Myles Simmons
RAMS INSIDER

BALTIMORE — The Rams have made a roster move on the eve of their first practice with the Ravens, signing defensive end Marcus Martin.

A college free agent out of Division-II Slippery Rock, Martin initially signed with the Seahawks following the spring’s draft. Even though Martin recorded a record-setting 56.0 sacks in college, he joined the Seahawks to play as a fullback. That ultimately did not work out, as Martin was waived in late May.

Martin is the all-time NCAA leader in sacks irrespective of division with his 56.0 quarterback takedowns. He holds the record for Division-II career tackles for loss as well, with 92.5.

Los Angeles announced Margin’s signing as a defensive end, meaning he will likely go back to playing defense.

The Rams will practice with the Ravens this week before taking on Baltimore for Los Angeles’ first preseason matchup on Thursday evening.

https://www.therams.com/news/rams-sign-de-marcus-martin

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...erral&utm_campaign=programming-league#slide32

1. We've now hit maximum hype.

The Rams are the most talked about team in the league after following up last year's shocking run to the NFC West title with a spree of impact veteran acquisitions.

Brandin Cooks. Marcus Peters. Aqib Talib. Ndamukong Suh. All were brought in to help the Rams take the next step and go to the Super Bowl for a fourth time and second in L.A.

In an offseason filled with good news, the most recent may be the best of all.

Rams head coach Sean McVay told reporters (via the team's website) there's been progress over the last week toward getting something a contract done with Aaron Donald, therefore ending his holdout.

"There's been—let's put it this way, there's increased dialogue," he said. "There's more—we feel positive about the direction that these things are going."

Donald is the team's best player and an incredibly disruptive player. And while he missed the first week of the season in 2017 holding out, he went on to be named Defensive Player of the Year.

If the situation plays out that way again, the Rams are going to be reallyhard to beat.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-verge-of-record-setting-deal/?sf196288515=1

Rams, Aaron Donald remain on verge of record-setting deal

It was close a couple of weeks ago, and it’s still close. But, obviously, it’s not done until it’s done.

The Rams and defensive tackle Aaron Donald, the reigning NFL defensive player of the year, remain on the verge of a deal that will make him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, per a source with knowledge of the situation. But the deal still isn’t done, presumably because one or both sides is hoping to squeeze out one or more last-minute concessions.

That’s why it’s important to identify a real deadline for getting the deal done. Appearing recently on the #PFTPM podcast, Rams coach Sean McVay said there isn’t one. But if there really isn’t one, it becomes much more difficult to figure out when to land the plane.

Whenever the plane lands, the expectation is that the contract will be in the neighborhood of $22 million per year, with as much as $80 million guaranteed (total guarantee, not fully guaranteed) at signing.

“We’re working to come to a solution that gets Aaron Donald here as soon as possible and keeps Aaron Donald here for a long time,” Rams G.M. Les Snead tells PFT, while declining to discuss specifics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back