Teams Los Angeles Rams - The Rammers

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
What's the schedule moving forward? Any trap games looming?

RamsSchedule.png

I feel our next four weeks leading into the bye are tough.

The focus has just got to be the next game we play -- which is the Packers. Looking forward to it. Love Rodgers as a player and hopefully the week off has done his leg some good so we can see how he matches up against Donald & Co.

The Saints away will be tough - as will KC in Mexico, the Bears away and the Eagles at home -- the Seahawks games are always feisty too.

Yes we're playing well - but 16-0 is a long way off - I'm really loving the huge transformation of the Rams - as Ram fans are usually looking forward to the draft at this stage of the season - we could have easily dropped one of the Vikings, Seahawks or Broncos games if things hadn't gone our way so lid needs to be firmly kept on.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Pharoh Cooper, Talib, Peters.
All were expected to return this year at some stage apparently.
Who’s the most important of those 3 for us?
Also very happy to be a Rams fan at the moment. After suffering for over a decade it’s easy to wish your season away looking for the end prize. But I’m just enjoying watching it week by week and it’s so satisfying after enduring what we’ve been through

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Pharoh Cooper, Talib, Peters.
All were expected to return this year at some stage apparently.
Who’s the most important of those 3 for us?
Also very happy to be a Rams fan at the moment. After suffering for over a decade it’s easy to wish your season away looking for the end prize. But I’m just enjoying watching it week by week and it’s so satisfying after enduring what we’ve been through

Peters played yesterday and didn't have much to do apart from ...

Cooper hasn't been missed on returns due to the emergence of JoJo Natson .. so I'd have to say Talib. Word is he may be back in December.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Packers were great today - Rodgers was brilliant, Rams secondary was not.

Unfortunate for neutrals that Montgomery fumbled that ball - I was looking forward to Rodgers v Donald/Suh in the final 2 minutes.

Great play by Wilson to force the fumble. Hekker's brilliant punt which led to the safety gave us some momentum going to half time.

Rams didn't play well but full credit to the packers Defence -- particularly the Line - had Goff unsteady all game - he needs more games like that if we are to threaten in January. He failed the test today. Gurley was kept in check for the majority of the game but was still impressive.

Rams move to 8-0 with a massive test against the Saints coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Rams defence the most overrated in the league. Knew we would drop this one, and likely against the Chiefs as well. Lack of genuine linebackers, lack of pass rush/pressure on QB's when we need it most, and Peters keep giving up big plays. Idiot wasn't even ready/paying attention on that play and paid for it.

it's frustrating to watch. The offence is good and doing their job so well, we should easily be winning every game with the points we put up, but the defence is unbelievably leaky.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Secondary is a problem. Peters is a loose cannon but could turn it around. Brees to Thomas killed us time and time again.

Never good to lose but the Saints were too good. NFC is not won or lost in November. Need to regroup for next week and a home date against Seattle.

Goff made some great plays and I thought he was much better under pressure than he was last week, but I thought some of our offensive play calling at crucial times was poor. Go for the three points when it is there imo.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Such a star studded D too, on paper. I think a result like today means they were just out coached

Star studded yes, but lacking depth big time. If the big names can't get involved there is no else to step up.

I said preseason that this D is being completely overrated on the back of their big name players. Peters can leak yards massively, will make some plays the other way for his team from time to time but gambles too often for liking.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Having said that, the offense is all world. So long as the play makers stay healthy this is a team to fear. Good to see Kupp back at it today after that disgusting horse collar tackle by Denver's dirty safety, Darian Stewart.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Well it wasn't pretty but the Rams get the W versus the divisional rival Seahawks. Frustrating penalties. Need to improve our discipline.

Doesn't look good for Cooper Kupp unfortunately so the win came at a cost.

Now for a big game against the Chiefs in Mexico City.

https://t.co/OzG5pf9Vgr

Last edited:

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
Hasn't Kupp had knee issues all season? Surely him being put out there with a weak knee/previous damage, the responsibility falls on the teams medical staff. Americas don't seem to manage or take injuries seriously enough in many of their sports. Could have just been unfortunate, but I'm skeptical. Feel for Kupp badly, been our best receiver last year and was again solid this year. Thankfully we signed Cooks so we still have two quality players out wide. Reynolds is more than capable of playing the slot position.

Apr 29, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA RAMS
Hasn't Kupp had knee issues all season? Surely him being put out there with a weak knee/previous damage, the responsibility falls on the teams medical staff. Americas don't seem to manage or take injuries seriously enough in many of their sports. Could have just been unfortunate, but I'm skeptical. Feel for Kupp badly, been our best receiver last year and was again solid this year. Thankfully we signed Cooks so we still have two quality players out wide. Reynolds is more than capable of playing the slot position.

Agree Reynolds is more than capable. It's a real shame for Kupp - not sure on whether his previous knee injury was a contributing factor on the ACL this time but Goff's reaction to him going down said it all - he's much loved within the playing group.

Along with Cooks - Woods has been awesome this season some of his clutch plays yesterday were sensational. Good to see the TE's get some catches - need to keep giving Higbee and Everett some plays for even more variation.

Pharoah Cooper shouldn't be too far away either. We should see him and Talib back after the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back