Autopsy Losing a home game at the Gabba - round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta, Ryan and Cerra are all locks next week aren't they?

Would like to see

cerra for Acres
meek or Treacy for Frederick
Western for Shultz

keep blakely sub
Blakely stays. We need a defensive, tough nut inside. Connor didn’t shy away from anything and got better as time went on. Cerra can take Acres spot, and run. We need his class outside

I am a glass half-full type of guy, so I have found some positives.

Positives:

- Lions did not cover the line.
- Lions did not kick 100 points.
- The Lions do not receive 4 points in my ranking system.

Negatives:

-Forward line lacks talent. Taberner needs help.
-Too many fumbles in our team.
-Still too many players who lack skills.

We're nowhere near it.

Blakely stays. We need a defensive, tough nut inside. Connor didn’t shy away from anything and got better as time went on. Cerra can take Acres spot, and run. We need his class outside

agree he can stay. As sub.
Not keen for him to be best 22. We know how limited he is. Get Western in

For who? No one. Lobb isn’t going to come in and kick 2-3 goals.
Serong perhaps replaced by Blakely and a Western comes in
Possibly. Lobb did get better towards the end but Brisbane did also drop off. Defensively he was a bit lazy and didn't lead and mark enough when up the ground.
Blakely/Valente for Serong, Western for Crowden, Treacy for Freddy, Thomas for Conca if he doesnt get up. Meek for Lobb
Maybe Serong could move up the ground a bit and replace Crowden?
This wont happen of cause. I'm just thinking out loud

Possibly. Lobb did get better towards the end but Brisbane did also drop off. Defensively he was a bit lazy and didn't lead and mark enough when up the ground.
Blakely/Valente for Serong, Western for Crowden, Treacy for Freddy, Thomas for Conca if he doesnt get up. Meek for Lobb
Maybe Serong could move up the ground a bit and replace Crowden?
This wont happen of cause. I'm just thinking out loud

Why are you keen to see Serong out?
kicked 2 and had 19. Hes nowhere near an out

I've gone out and gotten dinner, so have simmered down a bit;

+
  • Thought Darcy was immense - our BOG by a considerable length
  • The midfield responded after a terrible effort last week
  • Fought hard in the second half rather than switching off - not quite getting some of the Serong criticsm here.
  • Blakely worked hard, and should knock one of Acres or Aish out if there's any justice.

-
  • Lobb is now a red alert-level liability - amazing how he suddenly moved out of lazy jog mode right at the death for the second week in a row. Meek offers more as second ruck, Treacy offers more as a forward target. Get rid of him.
  • Because of Lobb's out and out laziness, Tabs is getting murdered two or three-on-one at every contest.
  • Not enough pressure being put on repeat offenders who've been largely phoning it in this year - Acres, Aish, Crowden, Lobb (as above). Colyer and Schultz have more credits in the bank, but shouldn't be allowed to get away with what they're currently delivering.
  • I'll back Fyfe in to fix his set shot kicking, but we're worryingly deep into psychologist's couch territory here.

Preliminary changes;

Out: Acres, Aish, Crowden, Lobb, Frederick (inj)
In: Treacy, Meek, Western, Cerra, Ryan

the problem is the same as always. Disposal and awareness. He is hard at it sure. But that’s all he brings.
His disposals we not bad tonight but his positioning and awareness when not around the ball was poor.

Why are you keen to see Serong out?
kicked 2 and had 19. Hes nowhere near an out
I agree Serong is nowhere near the drop zone. However he may get a week for the whack he gave off the ball to Matheson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To follow up I'm not Serong bashing as that would be Serong. Others need dropping before him but I think a rest or change might help

the problem is the same as always. Disposal and awareness. He is hard at it sure. But that’s all he brings.
Yes I agree and am guilty of pointing out his issues but today “hats off to him“ as his inside work was great but also he was one of the few that lowered his eyes and hit a forward target (Fyfe). He needs to back it up again next week of course.

I wonder how would we go if we dropped our bottom 5 players and replaced them with B graders. (I do not recommend trading for 5 B Graders)

I feel too much is being carried by too few, and the top players are getting worn out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back