Autopsy Losing a home game at the Gabba - round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh Tabs.

Anyone else get frustrated with his constant “kick it long” hand gestures? player-with-ball bombs it long inside 50 only for it to get intercept marked.

Then everyone on bigfooty is like “Why do we always kick it long?! Lower the eyes and sack David Hale! Fuccccccckkk!

I'm really starting to wonder if he's a big part of our problem.

He's obviously turned into a pretty decent player who consistently kicks goals, but as our main target up forward he either does what you were saying or consistently leads out to the pocket. Seriously, how many times do you see him lead wide compared to straight up the middle?

And watching Daniher today I suddenly had an epiphany why Tabs standing behind his man gesturing to kick it over the top is so frustrating... he can't jump! Have you ever seen Tabs get more than 30cm off the ground or launch off someone's back like Daniher did to Cox today? Why consistently motion for it over the back when you can't jump over the top of the defender pushing back into you?

I'm not saying get rid of Tabs or anything stupid like that, but we really need a lead at the boot forward to straighten us back up and make us less Tab conscious. Get Treacy back in the team!

Lots of negativity here, have a word with yourselves. We lost by 4 goals to a top 4 side playing at home, with 3 defensive players that would walk into most sides and two injuries. These players make us considerably tougher to score on, allow the mids more confidence to push forward.

We're also missing the guy that was 3rd for successful inside 50s. Some don't rate Cerra, but let me tell you, he's been missed, both defensively and offensively.

Plus points from today for me:

1) Liam Henry flashed a bit to suggest he'll be a serious player.

2) Lobb got a couple of goals. Footy, like a lot of things in life is a confidence game. As old Rosco used to say "you can't just run to the store and buy a can". He's come back early from a knee injury and not player brilliantly. Honestly, I stand here agog at this fact. He'll improve and goals will speed that up.

3) We looked great in patches against a quality side (and not just when they eased up). The midfield was pretty solid without Fyfe, and I'm going to back him in to fix his goal kicking by next year. Instantly makes us more dangerous long term.

4) Most of the areas we sucked in are pretty easily fixed. Effort, young players not quite matching it physically, fumbles. It won't be this year, but anothe pre-season and they'll get harder, win some high pressure games and they'll gain confidence, and those fumbles that confident players don't make will disappear, the marls that confident players take will stick, and the goals that confident players kick will be scored.

5) Tabs is still scoring.

In short I don't think we're a million miles away from being a damned good side. Will we win the big one? Who ******* knows, but we'll be up and about, fun to watch, and a team no one's going to love playing, not even thoae campaigners at Lathlain.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unlikely

Jesus Christ, we are an excuse finding bunch of supporters. As if other teams don’t have the same issues.
Careful, cult will tear you apart for that comment.

Apparently we are a great team but factors “beyond our control” have been screwing us for 6 years straight!

Pav & Ballas were the best. When they marked you could rely on a goal & they turned games on their head.
Lifted teams.
Absolutely loved Ballas with a passion til he turncoated.

Apparently we are a great team but factors “beyond our control” have been screwing us for 6 years straight!
Ahh yes, shame on supporters for attempting to be being positive when we’ve been s**t for probably 23 of 26 years. I’m sure only posting on Bigfooty to re-affirm our negative opinions will change that

Shouldn't you be on the Giants board celebrating?

It's a shame, you used to be a decent poster, and seemed like a solid person.

Now you just s**t stir in an apparent attempt to impress your "mates".

Ahh yes, shame on supporters for attempting to be being positive when we’ve been sh*t for probably 23 of 26 years. I’m sure only posting on Bigfooty to re-affirm our negative opinions will change that

Mate, get real.

You know that bigfooty posters are the number one determinant of a club's success or failure.

This is all on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or we could just call a spade a spade
I don’t think anyone on here thinks we are great and a premiership is guaranteed and around the corner once we sort this and that out, but we have a decent young list that could go places if we are lucky and that’s something to work with at least.

Even more so, there is plenty of abject negativity anyway, not sure how you think the place is beacon of hope and delusional optimism when I’d argue it’s currently more negative than positive (which is fair enough really considering the horrible choice we all made sometime in the past to support the club). Plenty of people post negative posts without being jumped on, they just also post positive ones because that’s normal being a supporter...

The weirdest thing is you think people who are positive are a problem, what’s wrong with people being positive...

Mate, get real.

You know that bigfooty posters are the number one determinant of a club's success or failure.

This is all on us.
No mate, it is all on you, not me.

No wait, maybe it is all on Sir Snuffy for not being better in the changes thread??

Oh wait, maybe it is all on me for... for... for... not loving Hercules enough??

Henry had some good GPS stats
Was that really Liam Henry, or did the mythical beast Valente take over Henry's body through interfacing with the GPS unit via the chest mount???

Mate, get real.

This is all on us.
Was watching part of Jlo's very calm , very considered presser response on the news headlines and couldn't help but think
" Jeez I'm glad he's not a reactionary , overly emotional , dummy spitting , fold the club ......." type like most of us on here .

They have leg speed which is a problem at Marvel. Freddy getting injured doesn't help. Cerra / Switta / Ryan would be a huge boost for us, also hoping Giro comes in for Freddy.
Western in too?

Also...

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK OF LEG SPEED AND FAIL TO SING THE PRAISES OF MIGHTY HERC??!!?!!

I don’t think anyone on here thinks we are great and a premiership is guaranteed and around the corner once we sort this and that out, but we have a decent young list that could go places if we are lucky and that’s something to work with at least.

Even more so, there is plenty of abject negativity anyway, not sure how you think the place is beacon of hope and delusional optimism when I’d argue it’s currently more negative than positive (which is fair enough really considering the horrible choice we all sometime in the past to support the club). Plenty of people post negative posts without being jumped on, they just also post positive ones because that’s normal being a supporter...

The weirdest thing is you think people who are positive are a problem, what’s wrong with people being positive...
Your trying to defend the indefensible.

The last 2 weeks have been sickening to read the crap in here & it’s just getting worse. But everyone has a right to an opinion & reading other teams threads its all the same.

It’s almost like a lot of posters prefer we lose so they can join the tirade & it’s amazing how much opinions change week to week depending on the result, without taking into account the circumstances or the opposition.

Today we showed character amongst moments of crap, but overall we matched them except for forward pressure & pressure between the arcs which left our undermanned backs exposed. More to work on but so much better than last week.

Your trying to defend the indefensible.

The last 2 weeks have been sickening to read the crap in here & it’s just getting worse. But everyone has a right to an opinion & reading other teams threads its all the same.

It’s almost like a lot of posters prefer we lose so they can join the tirade & it’s amazing how much opinions change week to week depending on the result, without taking into account the circumstances or the opposition.

Today we showed character amongst moments of crap, but overall we matched them except for forward pressure & pressure between the arcs which left our undermanned backs exposed. More to work on but so much better than last week.
I get it, it’s rough to read and depressing but like you said, people are free to express their opinions. I’ll only object to those ‘poor weather’ ones that appear when we lose and disappear when we win.

Didn't get to watch the game live. Watching the replay without any emotion in it knowing the result...

They would have still been ahead at half time but we definitely got rooted by the umpires in the first half.

Brayshaw not getting rewarded with a holding the ball... They get a goal.

Adams getting done cold right in front of our goals after breaking the first tackle. Play on.

Robinson being a dick and getting away with it. And then getting awarded two frees in a row for less than what he did. Ends in a goal against.

Walters getting his head taken off near goals. Play on.

Also didn't realise how much of a bunch of w***ers the Brisbane players are until now. The constant pointing and trying to self umpire? What a bunch of arrogant tossers.

The booing by the crowd given the clear rub of the green in their favour was pretty funny though.

On to the second half...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back