• WB

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Back to overrating Townsend! This is just getting monotonous.

Mind pointing me out where I claimed that Carlton's defense is 'elite'? All I've implied was that it's our strongest area and we bat real deep there. Even Collingwood supporters can see that.

Every team would be praying for a miracle year and if that was Carlton's standard for a miracle year, then we will achieve it more often than not. Heck, we even did so last year.

Not doing yourself any favours. You're fighting a losing battle.
If Carlton's defense is their strongest area and bat real deep there why did all the other bottom 4 sides kick 100+ against it? sounds real "strong" to me

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
If Carlton's defense is their strongest area and bat real deep there why did all the other bottom 4 sides kick 100+ against it? sounds real "strong" to me

How come Richmond couldn't kick 100+ against it the second time around? How come Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon and GWS failed to do so?

Two can play at this game.

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Yet Richmond still kicked 84 the second time and that's while kicking 18 behinds

And we kicked 58. A 26 point margin. A fair way from the 100+ point drubbings your thoughtless predictions point out. Townsend the 'messiah' wouldn't change much of that at all. No excuses. You act like your team is so perfect and can do no wrong. How come it couldn't do what bottom four teams could? Why did it even lose matches during the season?

Guess that teaches you not to judge games on ladder positions. Especially when this season was one of the closest in decades.

DERIBERATE

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Leeds, Bohemians
Adelaide lost Tippet so no way in hell could we be considered the hardest done by

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
And we kicked 58. A 26 point margin. A fair way from the 100+ point drubbings your thoughtless predictions point out. Townsend the 'messiah' wouldn't change much of that at all. No excuses. You act like your team is so perfect and can do no wrong. How come it couldn't do what bottom four teams could? Why did it even lose matches during the season?

Guess that teaches you not to judge games on ladder positions. Especially when this season was one of the closest in decades.
Townsend kicked 6 against Fremantle and 5 against St Kilda yet against a bottom 4 side like Carlton he wouldn't?

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Townsend kicked 6 against Fremantle and 5 against St Kilda yet against a bottom 4 side like Carlton he wouldn't?

Did I say he couldn't kick a bag against us? That depends on the given day.

I'm treating him as a player with strengths and weaknesses. You're bowing down to him like he's Tony Lockett.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Did I say he couldn't kick a bag against us? That depends on the given day.

I'm treating him as a player with strengths and weaknesses. You're bowing down to him like he's Tony Lockett.
exactly he plays against Carlton who says he wouldn't had kicked a bag and with the way Richmond played in the last few rounds and finals I don't reckon Carlton would had showed much resistance against Richmond

Jbudds

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brisbane is by far the worst considering the lack of replacements going up there.

Adelaide have lost alot but have got a lot in as well.

I agree. It's been pretty well managed. The only one that really set us back was Dangerfield. You can't replace talent like that and we never saw the best of him. That probably cost us a premiership.

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
exactly he plays against Carlton who says he wouldn't had kicked a bag and with the way Richmond played in the last few rounds and finals I don't reckon Carlton would had showed much resistance against Richmond

Finally you come out with something decent and more productive.

I can agree with the tigers having shown a little more aggression towards the end (awfully similar to that of the dogs last year), but don't ever play down your opponents, no matter how much you despise them or how poor they play. Every day is a different day. That is the professional way of thinking.

More of this and less of that 'LOL, what a rabble, bottom four for the next 50+ years'. There is a forum called Bay 13 where trolling has less restrictions and that nonsense can be posted.

This forum is for more serious discussions. You s***can other clubs here, then expect criticism and mods to keep an eye on you.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Their prime midfield from 2011 is nearly all gone - Leuenburger, Redden, Hanley, Adcock, Polkinghorne, Power and Rockliff. That is pretty significant.

7 of their top 8 possession getters from 2011.

Rockliff the one major loss and we could have kept him had we wanted to. Power over the hill. Burger Redden Hanley nudged out the door. Adcock was never that good and Polks was a whipping boy.

beert

Team Captain
Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Saints have been pretty good at retaining players since 2010 with only Goddard leaving to FA (we decided not to match) and Jamie Cripps wanting out back to Perth, to my knowledge. Dal Santo, Lynch, McEvoy and Stanley were all traded out.

My heart still bleeds that we have lost players like Plugger Lockett, Spider Everett, Joel Smith and Matty Lappin over the years though.

I think you got the best out of Spider Everitt, but you did lose Barry Hall as well in the past.

For Swans in the past 5 years, Mummy leaving hurt us bad, but we dug that hole for ourselves. Mitchell is the other one - quality player but like Josh Kennedy for Hawthorn, wasn't indispensable.

I think you got the best out of Spider Everitt, but you did lose Barry Hall as well in the past.

For Swans in the past 5 years, Mummy leaving hurt us bad, but we dug that hole for ourselves. Mitchell is the other one - quality player but like Josh Kennedy for Hawthorn, wasn't indispensable.
We traded Baz as we had decided to build around 2 young keys from the 2000 draft.

Back