Losing WEG posters 03-06

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never seen a '61 Footscray losing WEG poster. I'd pay money just to look at one.

By the way the 1987 Hawthorn losing poster is interesting in that it's the same as the 1986 winning poster. So had the hawks beat the blues in the 1987 grand final, the winning posters for 1986 and 1987 would have been the same. Interesting in light of the discussion re WCE 2005/2006 above.
Not quite
The small differences are in the Guernsey, tail and claws, but they look similar from a distance

Found this interesting poster:
mKIzNDZO7F1T2tV7k3agPJQ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I collect the losing poster images I find on the net and this is what I have so far:
View attachment 150229

Interesting the 88 and 00 Melbourne ones are very similar although I prefer the 88 one. Never really loved the cup in the art.

I think 88 would have been a better one to use than 58 for Melbourne this year. save the 58 one for when we go four in a row. ;)

Yeah, don't like the official WEG poster for this year... looks weird with the four-pronged trident. I decided to make my own 'WEG' by Frankensteining a bunch of other WEGs together (1961 Hawthorn 'Clash' poster, 1995 Carlton, 2000 Melbourne).

View attachment 1253113
that look so much better than the 4 pronged pitchfork one, any chance of getting clear copy off you?

I collect the losing poster images I find on the net and this is what I have so far:

Any chance of please seeing an enlarged image version of the 1988 losing VFL Grand Final poster for Melbourne? I have never seen it before and it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A massive thank you to BotsMaster for providing a larger image version of the WEG VFL 1988 losing grand final poster for Melbourne.

I know it is very rare and that many Melbourne supporters were curious to see it.

So here it is!

Attachments

• 1988 Melbourne.jpg
    1988 Melbourne.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 79
Long time bump once again... does anyone have decent resolution images of 1989/1994/1995 Geelong's? I've looked everywhere online and haven't had much luck in finding them. Thanks :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back