Autopsy Loss to Adelaide by 33 pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey go easy on the Public Servants .I worked after 5 most days in a 43 year career. :p
For usually no overtime and inevitably time that you will never get back in flexi hours either!
Anyway, back to the footy, I was really pleased with our overall effort and thought Mundy, hill, Walters led very well with young guys in Weller and particularly Alex Peace starting to really grow.

Convenient I don't say any Taberner belting at all today :rolleyes: who knew tall forwards took time to develop. He isn't perfect but he's improving an will continue to improve.
Last week's game wasn't terrible for him because he's growing into his body or taking time to mature - he displayed the signs of absolute meatheadedness when he did get hold of the ball. Enough to make you question whether he's ever going to 'get' it. Great game from him today.

The change from the zone defence helped early, cutting off the balls on the crow's leading forward.
Ouch. No wonder Tex looked a little proppy.

Umpiring is not even in my top 50 list of things that are ******* wrong with my team.

Obviously some of us are better at multi-tasking and can be angry at 51 things simultaneously
In all seriousness I will never blame an umpire for a loss but there is something about that Eagles fanboi as our umpire three of the last four games that irritates me. I just don't like the guy even though I reckon he's umpiring has actually improved overall the last couple of years

He must have only played half the game. He had three goals to half time and his stats didn't change after.
We (Sherrif Salim Harry Reems and I) got to the Peel game just after the start and Yarran was playing. He is fit and showed how good a kick he is on the set shot and when passing the ball. He played till the end and was rotated throughout the game. The rotations for the game being controlled from the bench by the Dockers Strength and Conditioning guys. One of his goals was definitly scored in the last qtr from a set shot from approx 50m out.:thumbsu:

Did we play Weller behind the ball yesterday, ie off a hbf? I can't grasp this. I know ball use off half back is critical but Weller has natural creativity centre forward, something we need in spades.

I thought he was playing on Betts in the first half?

We saw yesterday what a difference it made playing Barlow in his natural position. I think we need more of it.

All this bagging out of Barlow when the answer was so simple. Why couldn't Lyon have done this a year or more ago?

I thought he was playing on Betts in the first half?

All this bagging out of Barlow when the answer was so simple. Why couldn't Lyon have done this a year or more ago?

Yep, definitely looked like Weller was playing on Betts in the first half. They then put Spurr on him for the second half.

They're really mixing up Wellers games at the moment. Against the Blues he started on a wing and got it 3 times in the first 5 minutes, he was then put in defence following Lamb. He then went into the forward line for the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the coaches can see the same things we do. IMO Barlow and Neale in the same midfield will not get it done - too much ball burning ability in the one spot, that explains him being managed out to a different spot - that also doesn't really suit him. We don't want barlow and Neale being the link up players.

I think the coaches can see the same things we do. IMO Barlow and Neale in the same midfield will not get it done - too much ball burning ability in the one spot, that explains him being managed out to a different spot - that also doesn't really suit him. We don't want barlow and Neale being the link up players.

Yeah, but Neale can definitely play half forward and kick goals. Therefore, he should be pushed out there before Barlow. Either Barlow has done something to offend Lyon or he's too nice a bloke to say 'no'.

Barlow has no trade value so play him where he's most effective otherwise what's the point of playing him at all?

I tend to agree. They should be in the middle in different setups while the other rests fwd/bench.

For example set up 1 (right now with out Fyfe Bennell etc)
Griffin - Neale - Hill - Walters

Set up 2
Clarke - Barlow - Blakely - Weller

Just examples

Yeah, but Neale can definitely play half forward and kick goals. Therefore, he should be pushed out there before Barlow. Either Barlow has done something to offend Lyon or he's too nice a bloke to say 'no'.

Barlow has no trade value so play him where he's most effective otherwise what's the point of playing him at all?

I think Lachie is carrying an injury and this could be pushing down his efficiency. In previous years he has been a fairly reliable kick.

Barlow's efficiency was way higher on Saturday. A good figure for someone playing inside.

I think Lachie is carrying an injury and this could be pushing down his efficiency. In previous years he has been a fairly reliable kick.

Barlow's efficiency was way higher on Saturday. A good figure for someone playing inside.

The interesting thing is that Barlow's efficiency has always got better the longer each season goes imo. I think he is the classic the more I play the better I go type player, he knows this and always wants to play all preseason games. His disposal is never elite (in fact poor at the start) but it does end up as good by season end.

I reckon all this conjecture about his place in the team would have stung Micky and he will be doing everything possible to prove everyone wrong.

Hi fellow dockers fans
Myself and long time dockers fan Andrew Oz have been working on a dockers podcast for the past 11 weeks.
Each week we review the game, talk about next weeks game and try to figure out what past players are up to now. So if you like podcast and you love the dockers this is the thing for you
Either click on the links below or just search The Purple Reign in the podcast app on your iPhone
http://www.podcastgarden.com/epi…/round-6-freo-v-crows_77096 ...
or
https://itunes.apple.com/…/p…/the-purple-reign/id1086537671…

The latest ep has just been uploaded!

we 100% should have drafted Lever... but Lachie is going pretty well at the moment too
X 2.

Is there a more useless stat in football than 'disposal efficiency'?

So what if a player can handball 2m or kick 15m sideways to an unmarked team mate, especially when he himself is in the clear.

Weller had 2 contested possessions and 14 uncontested.

His disposal efficiency was second best to a guy who achieved 100% (4 contested, 3 uncontested)...Zac Dawson.

My changes for this week
IN:
Suban (but to play Ballaz role in the fwd line)
Hughes (running HB in place of Sheridan)
Collins (to replace the poor skills of Zac Dawson)
Langdon (to replace Zac Clarke and give us more run)

Out:
Ballaz (he is injured or just generally F***ed)
Sheridan (the dumbest player in the AFL, continues to Handpass to Zac Dawson)
Dawson (got beaten and disposal is so bad he counts as a minus player when we have the ball)
Clarke (literally gives us nothing, would prefer to pinch hit with Tab or Pearce or barlow or anyone)

X 2.

Is there a more useless stat in football than 'disposal efficiency'?

So what if a player can handball 2m or kick 15m sideways to an unmarked team mate, especially when he himself is in the clear.

Weller had 2 contested possessions and 14 uncontested.

His disposal efficiency was second best to a guy who achieved 100% (4 contested, 3 uncontested)...Zac Dawson.
Stats in general should be taken in context but imo to say DE is a useless stat is just wrong, especially the way the game is played now.

My changes for this week
IN:
Suban (but to play Ballaz role in the fwd line)
Hughes (running HB in place of Sheridan)
Collins (to replace the poor skills of Zac Dawson)
Langdon (to replace Zac Clarke and give us more run)

Out:
Ballaz (he is injured or just generally F***ed)
Sheridan (the dumbest player in the AFL, continues to Handpass to Zac Dawson)
Dawson (got beaten and disposal is so bad he counts as a minus player when we have the ball)
Clarke (literally gives us nothing, would prefer to pinch hit with Tab or Pearce or barlow or anyone)

Jenkins managed 2 goals from dubious umpiring decisions.. Dawson was far from beaten. If your Dawson comment is any thing to go by your podcast will be full of the same old tired scapegoat cliches.. Wont be worth a listen if thats the case.

Jenkins managed 2 goals from dubious umpiring decisions.. Dawson was far from beaten. If your Dawson comment is any thing to go by your podcast will be full of the same old tired scapegoat cliches.. Wont be worth a listen if thats the case.

I dont mind Dawson, but in the modern game you need 18 players that can both defend and attack. But when we ge the ball, Dawson is horrible. No doubt he is a good defender but he isnt that good that we can continue to carry him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back