Autopsy Loss to Hawks by a lot (Round 19 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what Cox could do? He could ******* lead at the ball with some ******* urgency. His attitude stunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that. Not as harsh as you by saying it was attitude because he's such a young forward, but I thought there were times when the ball came in, it should have been a contest, and it was mostly Stratton reading the play and getting in front to where the ball would land.

That was the same in their forward 50. A few times they hacked it forward and their forwards read the play and responded quicker.

Was AB that bad by foot? I didn't think he was that bad, maybe I just missed his shanks.

We were absolutely destroyed in the middle. Even if we did get first hands on it we couldn't deal with the pressure, fumbled, coughed it up to a hawks player who gave it to a bloke running passes..

But the biggest thing for me was tackling. On the off chance we actually laid a tackle it never locked the ball in or they were allowed to handball (or throw) it out to someone else. Rinse and repeat. Incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:

They cannot kick a ball to advantage on the fluke chance our forwards know how to lead.
If our forward is leading to the flanks do not kick the ******* thing down the ******* middle.

If he’s leading straight at you, don’t kick deep. Kick short so he can run on to it.

And if you’re kicking to Stefan Giro do not kick the ******* thing like he’s Aaron Sandilands.

Saw Walters run his guts out in the first half to make 3 or 4 contests where he was outnumbered. No one ran to help out, block, shepherd, provide an extra man

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then Sonny refused to do it himself.
Handballed to Brad Hill and then watch the Hawthorn guys as he ran past

Alex Pearce is reminding me of Sandy in the overhead marking. The amount of times he just can't hold onto his marks overhead,it's a real downside in his play. I hope he can improve in that area,he is no Hamling or Ryan in that department.

Also, what pisses me off more than anything is the "supporters" that pop up in these threads after bad games to potshot Ross, recruiting or individual players but always go missing in the good games conveniently.

Edit: To be clear, I have a problem specifically with people who enjoy our team performingly poorly just so it suits there argument, not RTB haters as a whole

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Pearce is reminding me of Sandy in the overhead marking. The amount of times he just can't hold onto his marks overhead,it's a real downside in his play. I hope he can improve in that area,he is no Hamling or Ryan in that department.
And the numerous handballs to disadvantage!

His form has dropped considerably from the start of the season. He is giving 110% effort but I think he probably needs a solid break.

I'm still backing ross,,haven't really got the energy or time to go into details as to why on here at the moment but...
just watched his presser , he was eating humble pie , deservedly but i was a bit worried , he looks like he has been fremantle'd
damm it

And the numerous handballs to disadvantage!

His form has dropped considerably from the start of the season. He is giving 110% effort but I think he probably needs a solid break.

Probably lost confidence and strength in his thumb. It happens.
Not sure we can have both Hamling and Pearce in defence. Both offer stuff all with their kicking.

Also, what pisses me off more than anything is the "supporters" that pop up in these threads after bad games to potshot Ross, recruiting or individual players but always go missing in the good games conveniently.

Well obviously. It would get a little tiring if there were pages and pages of negatives about our season after every game (win and loss).

I can’t answer this so I’ll ask the board; do we think it’s coached to take the safer option up the boundary and only try and take the corridor when there’s a free player? When we were 7 goals down we played the same as when we were only 2 goals down and I thought we weren’t playing to give ourselves a chance to win.

Bunch of kids well beaten by a premiership experienced outfit.

Banfield got a good look on what it takes to stop a real quality footballer today. He’s done some good jobs this year, but the way hawthorn blocked and protected Mitchell was 1st class. Every stoppage someone made sure they made contact with Banfield and Mitchell was gone. We could use a bit of that protection for Fyfe and Neale.

Well obviously. It would get a little tiring if there were pages and pages of negatives about our season after every game (win and loss).
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding but my point is that these people dont post anything positive when it happens because they seem to enjoy the club failing purely because it proves themselves right.

I have edited my orig post because I dont think it was clear

I can’t answer this so I’ll ask the board; do we think it’s coached to take the safer option up the boundary and only try and take the corridor when there’s a free player? When we were 7 goals down we played the same as when we were only 2 goals down and I thought we weren’t playing to give ourselves a chance to win.
Without question that is instruction Wally. Ross has said so himself, he has so many new players he's keeping I simple - take as much ground as they can then bang it up the line.

I'm not in the pitchfork brigade, but I think Lyon needs to allow the guys to express themselves on the field.

Teams that take the outside and guard it well make us look like dummies, and we really aren't that bad.

Almost as disappointed in this game as I was in the Brisbane game and it wad EXACTLY the same plan that screwed us.

At some point (long before the last quarter) we needed to go man on man and take that outside space off them. They are not that good when they are pressured - just ask Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back