FTA-TV Lost in Space Reboot

Remove this Banner Ad

Never watched the original series so don't have anything to compare it to.

I enjoyed it, watched a couple of episodes a night and left me wanting more. Not sure where it will go next but ill give season 2 a crack for sure.

Good cast, decent storyline. A few things a bit unbelievable but its tv, enjoy it for what it is.

Only negative, Parker Posey - disliked her before this and still dislike her after this.

I thought it was very well done and enjoyed it.

It not ground breaking but entertaining and quite faithful to the original.

Will is cute and the robot is very interesting. I thought Posey killed it as Dr Smith. Really manipulating, cunning and gets under your skin.

I like Toby Stephens, doesn't work as an American for me though. Did too good a job in Black Sails as Capt. Flint.

On a side note Deadwood actors are having a major resurgence in the last few years.

Molly Parker - LIS
Ian McShane - American Gods
Kim Dickens, Dayton Callie & Garret Dillahunt - Fear the Walking Dead
Santa Clarita Diet - Timothy Olyphant
Paula Malcomson - Ray Donovan

Last edited:
Finished, really watchable I thought, will definitely be back for season 2.

Thought Dr Smith was the weakest part about it, nothing to do with the actress she was fine but geez a lot of random stuff consistently came together for her schemes to pay off. Heading off into the storm with the flare gun, working up Angela and leaving the gun out in the bush for her to somehow randomly find, Angela firing that gun at the robot (seriously what good did she think that would do lol), figuring out how to repair and imprint on the robot.

TV show I know and I enjoyed it, just found most of her stuff pretty far fetched even for a show set on an inhabitable alien planet.

Watched the first show. Some good elements. But the plot was silly. It revolved around the daughter hurriedly diving into the water to get some equipment from the ship or else they would freeze. The water froze in seconds, trapping her, but it didn't get any colder on the surface.

Quite enjoyed this, thought it really improved in the back half, look forward to season 2. Long form storytelling is really on the rise. This is another show that was effectively given a whole season to deliver what previously would have been the pilot (Preacher was another one).

Anyone back for season 2? I'm up to episode 6, still nothing ground breaking but a pleasant enough watch.

Finding it hard to get into, I’m up to episode 4 and just find myself rolling my eyes as they get into one life threading situation after the other.

You definitely won't dig season 2 then, they've cranked up the occurrence of life threatening events if anything. But the strange thing is (for me anyway).. there's at least 1 of these situations every episode and I've come to terms with the fact that no matter how many they get into no-one is gonna die (its not that sort of show).. but the show still kinda gets away with it.

The setups are really inventive, varied and provide some great sci-fi moments. You kinda know whats coming each episode but are still entertained to see what situation they're gonna encounter and how they get out of it. Just does set-pieces really well or something.

Anyone back for season 2? I'm up to episode 6, still nothing ground breaking but a pleasant enough watch.

You definitely won't dig season 2 then, they've cranked up the occurrence of life threatening events if anything. But the strange thing is (for me anyway).. there's at least 1 of these situations every episode and I've come to terms with the fact that no matter how many they get into no-one is gonna die (its not that sort of show).. but the show still kinda gets away with it.

The setups are really inventive, varied and provide some great sci-fi moments. You kinda know whats coming each episode but are still entertained to see what situation they're gonna encounter and how they get out of it. Just does set-pieces really well or something.
I’d rather watch Altered Carbon for my sci fi hit, or interstellar

just can’t get into the show and haven’t gone back despite the promising setup.

I saw maybe 2 or 3 episodes last year when still had trial netflix on new tv.
Was ok enough, In a time like now with not anything really on that I love an ok show like that I would watch.

As a little kid the old black and white series that must have been made way back in 60's was fun enough for it's time to see replays as a kid.
Zac Smith is a woman in the updated version but still a dodgy character so clever re-creation of similar character with more complex character than simpler stories of early generation tv series.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought this season was fantastic. It's just good old fashioned sci-fi adventure fun.

An improvement on season one.

Doctor Who could take note of how to provide family friendly, educational, sci-fi action with mystery and intrigue. This show hits its notes perfectly.

Season 3 (the final season) is now up on Netflix and it's pretty good so far.

Oh damn, it's been confirmed as final season? That sucks, really enjoyed this show so far. Will have to start on S3 soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back