Loudest Crowd moments!

Remove this Banner Ad

Before, And You should really consider your team lucky it wasn't them in Adelaide that night because it would have been much the same as the smashing they got at the same venue earlier that year, And considering your team should have played Geelong in Geelong the week before your extra lucky. Hand fed flag really

Woulda coulda shoulda excuses. All we have is history. All the big bad crows have is collective minds and Tex playing cricket.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That game was the first time I’d heard the C O L L I N G W O O D chant by large sections of the crowd

Sorry for the late reply,

As a young 10 yo I went to the 1980 prelim, ooh boy that Collingwood chant was intimidating with a packed 78k at VFL park, have heard it since in big games but as a 10 yo hearing for the first time it was so loud and overwhelming. Of course my heart was broken for the 3rd time in 4 years the very next week. Collingwood style.

The finish to the women’s 2006 commonwealth games marathon was incomparable for crowd noise intensity and length. One of the great Australian sports moments that doesn’t seem to get much recognition.

Not a moment as such but the St Kilda vs Geelong Home and away game in 2009 was the loudest I have ever experienced at a sporting event. The atmosphere was insane, I doubt you could witness anything like it again. Biggest crowd at Docklands ever and the place was legit 3 people deep standing in the concourse. Even though we lost, it was still one of the best games I have seen and I got to say I was pretty lucky to be in Melbourne at the time. Plus I got a junior ticket for 10 bucks when people where trying to flog them for 500 just before the game I heard so that was a steal.

ANZAC Day 2012 is the loudest home and away game I've been to.

Was at the 2017 MCG preliminary final and I remember the place going off it’s **** when Lambert kicked the first goal but I reckon Butler’s last quarter goal was louder.

There was a game at Etihad back in 2011 between Hawthorn and Carlton when both sides were up and about. Would have been a big turn out and Carlton made a big comeback in a great game and I remember it being insanely loud. Hawks went on to win however. That’d one of the loudest games at Docklands I bet.

Last edited:
The finish to the women’s 2006 commonwealth games marathon was incomparable for crowd noise intensity and length. One of the great Australian sports moments that doesn’t seem to get much recognition.

Yeah... check out my user name for the reason on that one.

Was not louder than Harry Kewells goal in 1997 v Iran.

Wasn’t even as loud as the 15000 Chileans going off against Cameroon in the Semi final of the Olympic Games football in 2000.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back