BigA.G

Senior List
Sep 13, 2004
Port Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Planet Orange, La Vecchia Signora
In my opinion, this is one the greatest albums ever made. Anybody heard this album and if ya have what do you think?

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
BigA.G said:
In my opinion, this is one the greatest albums ever made. Anybody heard this album and if ya have what do you think?

magnificent album. alone again or stands as one of the great songs of all time, from one of the great LP's of all time. arthur lee is a genius. funny thing is that you hear so little of this record around now, when i play it for people now they are always blown away.

did you get to see them when they were out here?

Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
Brilliant album and yes, I did see Arthur Lee and Love (not the original band but some guys from LA called Baby Lemonade). Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen. Arthur Lee is incredible.

BigA.G

Senior List
Sep 13, 2004
Port Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Planet Orange, La Vecchia Signora
krisholio said:
magnificent album. alone again or stands as one of the great songs of all time, from one of the great LP's of all time. albert lee is a genius.

did you get to see them when they were out here?

i missed the show - mate asked me to come but i decided to do something else that night ( big mistake) :(

I think they played at Corner Hotel if not mistaken...

screech

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2002
Christies Beach
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Sheffield Wednesday
I was just about to start a thread with this exact title and thought I better search first.

How have I never encountered this band or album before? - this is brilliant.

Alone Again Or & A House Is Not A Motel has to be one of the best 1-2 album openers in history. The rest of the record is excellent and really grows with each listen.

Again, how had I never heard of this???

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Alone Again Or & A House Is Not A Motel has to be one of the best 1-2 album openers in history.
And You Set The Scene one of the best album closers

Really like this song. There's a more polished version on one of Arthur Lee's solo releases but I like this raw sounding take here

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Excellent bump.

I like their harder stuff too, 7 and 7 is and My Little red Book.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Yeah one of the great 60s albums although (and not be some kind of hipster *******) 'Da Capo' is still my favourite Love release. Mainly because of 7 and 7 is. A remarkably tragic life for Arthur Lee.

Back