Love Island

I've caught up on all the episodes now.

Have to say it is quite a way below the level of the UK version which just simply has more entertaining people on the show. All these Aussies are quite generic, vanilla and a bit boring IMO. The most interesting one is Erin as she has a bit of a personality. They need a bit more crazy in there to spice things up a bit.

And yes, the show is s**t (UK version too) that's kinda the point. The good thing about it is that it doesn't take itself seriously. It's not like other shows trying to be classy or something which just come off as cheesy AF. Also the Big Brother style of the show means you get to see a lot more natural encounters between the people. Way less scope for manufacturing scenes or creative cut and paste editing as seen in other shows. I don't want to watch something where the manipulation of the audience is so obvious. In Love Island most of the drama is real just due to the contestants and the situation of the house itself. Producers don't need to create rumours or tip people off to certain bits of information etc to create drama.

Have to say that with the Grant/Cassidy/Tayla triangle, Grant was an absolute utensil. The way he lied straight up to both girls and then tried to gaslight them was *ing gross. Cassidy wayyy too forgiving of him, she is too much of a walk over. She needs to find a nice dude, not a player.

Kim is gorgeous but soooo dumb. The blank look on her face in the convo with Elias was hilarious. I like Millie too. She seems pretty confident in herself and doesn't really care what others think of her. There's not really much to Natasha at all. You'd struggle to have a conversation with her. My fave bloke is probably Eden. He's good for a laugh. Elias is not bad too, seems to be more clued on than the others. The male model bloke is way too full of himself and the rest of them are just bland and boring.

Anyway, will watch another week or two to see if things spice up a bit. So far just a bit boring. Best bit so far is the narrator (generally good value). Also having some Aussie tunes on the show is good.

Feb 26, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
I'll second most on here by saying obviously not as good as the British version, especially the last British season which was awesome.

Still watchable though. It's always interesting seeing beautiful idiots in a scenario where they're not the direct centre of attention (see Natasha) and don't know how to initiate anything.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Will have to take a look at the UK version.

On a few of the people:

Cassidy seems probably one the more likeable characters in the real world but she obviously looks dumb on the show, just too keen on Grant she cant actually see the bullshit.
Josh seems alright but gee its cringey watching him battle for days to get rejected for a kiss. Desperate stuff.
Don't like either of the male models, maybe its just they don't fit in.
Natasha is the worst by far.

Kim had to go. She was way too introverted for the show and didn't show enough personality quick enough.

Tayla is pretty hot imo but her and Grant are like 16 year olds. Both pretty dumb/immature. Couldn't believe how quick they got it on in front of everyone after Cassidy.

Couldn’t agree more with all of the above

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kim had to go. She was way too introverted for the show and didn't show enough personality quick enough.

Tayla is pretty hot imo but her and Grant are like 16 year olds. Both pretty dumb/immature. Couldn't believe how quick they got it on in front of everyone after Cassidy.
If Kim had to go then Natasha should never have been on.

Doesn't suit it at all.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Tayla has crazy eyes. If someone made a pass at Grant in the real world, I could see her immediately punching and kicking the chick.

I cannot for the life of me understand John James. He mumbles everything.

The male model is hilariously stupid and in love with himself. I seriously reckon he's gay NTTIAWWT.

If Kim had to go then Natasha should never have been on.

Doesn't suit it at all.
Oh I agree. Between the two I would have preferred Natasha to go if for nothing else than visuals.

But Natasha is legit there to find a bloke whereas I reckon the villa could have 50 blokes walk through and Kim would still be umming and ahhing about who she doesn't want to hook up with and the public vote reflected that IMO.

Tayla has crazy eyes. If someone made a pass at Grant in the real world, I could see her immediately punching and kicking the chick.

I cannot for the life of me understand John James. He mumbles everything.

The male model is hilariously stupid and in love with himself. I seriously reckon he's gay NTTIAWWT.
Male model is a weird combination of being ridiculously in love with himself while being extremely insecure. It's fascinating.

Feb 26, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
I think that last episode showed why Natasha has had so little screen time. Just dumb and boring

Erin is entertaining. Crazy. But entertaining.

Agree re make model. He'll never live anyone as much as he loves himself. But it's hilarious watching him constantly failing to attract anyone.

Back