FTA-TV Lovecraft Country

Remove this Banner Ad

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watched the first ep tonight. Not sure what this show is all about and if it's got links to another book or show or movie.

Not sold on it. Yet.

Characters hard to understand and hear. Had to turn on subtitles.

Will persist. First episode got better towards the end.

I didn't mind the first ep, it was all bit of character building and setting the scene. Damn, Jurnee Smollett is some serious eye candy. The racist parts were a bit of a drag at times but when the last bit happened, that caught us completely by surprise. So if that's a sample of what's to come, then we'll definitely keep watching/

Watched the first ep tonight. Not sure what this show is all about and if it's got links to another book or show or movie.

Not sold on it. Yet.

Characters hard to understand and hear. Had to turn on subtitles.

Will persist. First episode got better towards the end.

It's running through plot hella quick, but I'm into it.

The Lovecraftian body horror mixed with the real-life horror of being black in a segregated country, is profound.

And big fan of Jonathan Majors. First time I saw him was in The Last Black Man in San Francisco, which is among my favourite performances of the last few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hot garbage. Made it 15 minutes into ep 2, have no idea WTF is going (and not in a good way).

It just pissed me off. I once again couldn't hear the characters speaking so I turn the volume up, then bang, the shows too loud and I need to turn it down.

I'm done with it.

Well, they ramped up the weird this episode.
Yeah, it’s Lovecraft. It’s ****ed up wierd.
We’ve already seen Cthulhu first ep and all’s sort of mega eyed death creatures.
This ep was more tragic where a pillar holding them together was taken.
The secret society stuff is a long played thing so I thought that was the most mundane.
I thought Abbey Lee was a model but she’s an Actress as well.

Episode 3 was better than 2, but that wasn’t a high water mark. The horror elements just don’t hit the mark at all. I think a lot of it is the misplaced music that takes you out of the moment.

I’m not sure I’ll stick with it.

Would definitely recommend picking up the book. The showrunner had made way too many unnecessary changes and it hasn't translated to good television. Matt Ruff literally wrote the book to feel like a TV show and was an incredibly easy piece to adapt to TV. Disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back