Low content / random / off-topic + miscellaneous

SunGirl89

BOOO! BOOO! BOOO!
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
4+ NBA Titles As A Coach With One Team (1970-)
6 - Phil Jackson (Bulls)
5 - Phil Jackson (Lakers)
4 - Pat Riley (Lakers)

We will soon know if we can add:
3 - Steve Kerr (Warriors)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SunGirl89

BOOO! BOOO! BOOO!
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
9+ wins of a specific major tennis tournament (inc. pre-Open era and EOY finals):
13 - Martina Navratilova (WTA D 1977-91), Margaret Osborne duPont (US D 1941-57)
12 - Rafael Nadal (FR S 2005-19*), Louise Brough (US D 1942-57), Elizabeth Ryan (UK D 1914-34)
11 - Margaret Court (AU S 1960-73)
10 - Pam Shriver (WTA D 1981-91), Billie Jean King (UK D 1961-79), Adrian Quist (AU D 1936-50)
9 - Todd Woodbridge (UK D 1993-2004), Martina Navratilova (UK S 1978-90, US D 1977-90), Margaret Osborne duPont (US M 1943-60)

Singles only (Men/Women):
12 - Rafael Nadal (FR S 2005-19*)
11 - Margaret Court (AU S 1960-73)
9 - Martina Navratilova (UK S 1978-90)

Men only (Singles/Doubles/Mixed):
12 - Rafael Nadal (FR S 2005-19*)
10 - Adrian Quist (AU D 1936-50)
9 - Todd Woodbridge (UK D 1993-2004)

Last edited:

Engimal v3

Premium Gold
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In 2019, Sydney's Justin McInerney is the only player to have more contested possessions than disposals. He has 3 CPs, but just a single disposal.

Similarly, GWS's Callan Ward and Tom Sheridan are the only players to do the same with uncontested possessions, with 2 UPs each, but just a single disposal.

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
To nitpick somewhat, there would be many who would argue that the WTA Finals do not constitute a grand slam tournament because there are four tournaments only which make up the grand slam. Furthermore the term "grand slam" specifically applies to winning all four major tournaments in the one calendar year. Thus the Australian Open is not really a grand slam event, it is a major tournament, and winning this particular major in January allows you the chance to complete the grand slam, either in singles, doubles or mixed doubles. The term "grand slam" has been innocently misused in tennis circles for many decades, just as the term "Australian Rules Football" is innocently misused, instead of simply "Australian Football", or when people think the word "billiards" can be used to also refer to snooker and pool.
I've always thought of Aus/French/Wim/US as 'Slams' and winning all four would be winning the 'Grand Slam'

You are right that the term 'Grand Slam' has come to mean something entirely different, and incorrect

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Neither the ATP or WTA finals are considered grand slams by anyone.

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
Do you have a habit of nitpicking (aka stating the bleeding obvious) and ignoring the bulk of what was posted? Your post is disingenuous and not appreciated, you could have posted a one sentence response but you chose to unnecessarily type out a verbose paragraph. Well two can play that game. I'm not a ******* idiot. Jesus ******* Christ, do you think you're the only one who knows anything about sport?

Anyway, you are wrong. The Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open are Grand Slam tournaments, also called majors. Did my post state anything about winning a ******* "Grand Slam"? Did it? No it did not. My post was about winning, and I quote, "a specific tennis grand slam tournament". A specific ******* tournament. Did I say anything about winning a ******* Grand Slam? With thanks to you, we all now know what that is, because of course none of us knew what that was :rolleyes:. You yourself said "there are four tournaments only which make up the grand slam". Wouldn't that make each of those tournaments a ... grand slam tournament?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Slam_(tennis)

Just for you, I have changed the stat to say "major tennis tournament". I hope you have not lost too much sleep over this.

Care to explain why you singled out the WTA Finals but not the ATP Finals? Would it be because you struggle to always hide your sexism?

Did I say that the ATP Finals or WTA Finals were one of the majors? Did I? No I ******* did not, I added (inc. EOY Finals) which means that I have included them in the stat. If I wanted to add Masters Series events I would have said (inc. Masters Series events). Why am I even ******* explaining this to you?

Your post is **** and you should delete it.
Are you okay?

GrahamClayton

Debutant
Feb 1, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
When Suzanne Lenglen won the 1925 Wimbledon women's singles title, she did so by conceding only 5 games in the 6 matches that she played.

Top Bottom