Food/Supplements Low fat plant based diet

Remove this Banner Ad

I decided a while ago if I ever got cancer I'd first try a few really long water fasts and if that didnt work go for the gerson therapy.

Good on you for taking control of your life.:thumbsu:
Yes having the best diet for your condition is essential. The inspirational Terry Wahls was diagnosed with a chronic progressive neurological disorder and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, so she researched extensive neurological diseases and found it came down to Mitochondria, so she developed an eating plan to feed it and the rest is history.

Here she is on a short TedX (17 minutes) Is terrific viewing.

Yes having the best diet for your condition is essential. The inspirational Terry Wahls was diagnosed with a chronic progressive neurological disorder and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, so she researched extensive neurological diseases and found it came down to Mitochondria, so she developed an eating plan to feed it and the rest is history.

"This talk, which features health advice based on a personal narrative, has been flagged as potentially outside TED's curatorial guidelines. Viewer discretion advised."

TED has very little credibility.

TED ideas worth spreading*

*unless your ideas, in any way, intimidate the corporate status quo

http://www.highexistence.com/teds-controversy-3-threatening-talks-they-tried-to-censor/

I haven't tried rawtill4 myself. I like eating cooked food too much.

I ate a chicken breast 2 weeks ago and now I'm looking at giving the meat a miss for a while. Mostly I eat oats, beans, bread, rice, potato chips. I like eating potato wedges but they are around 5% fat so I'm sure if they're that good for me.

I've certainly been a little lazy on the bananas recently but hopefully I can find a good source and stock up. It's hard to find good sweet fruit. I was eating tons of strawberries but now the QLD season has passed I need to find something else.

I don't have a super blender but it's on the list of things to buy.

I find the less fat I eat the more hungry I am but I think that's just to do with digestion not being stalled due to my liver saying "whoah, too much fat stop eating while I process it all".

The current crop of bananas I must say hasn't been that great. Strawberries thankfully have been good and mangoes are back in town. Love this time of the year. I usually engineer a way to work out of our Hong Kong or Bangkok office during winter for a couple of weeks, just to feast on the fruit in the surrounding islands on the weekends. Summertime Australian fruit is pretty damn good too.

Here's lunch. Rice and veges. I did use a little oil to stop my mushrooms sticking to the pan.

View attachment 92850

Looks fantastic. Have never tried that sauce before.

What are your legumes of choice usually? Chickpeas for me would be my favourite, just.

What are your legumes of choice usually? Chickpeas for me would be my favourite, just.

Yep chickpeas. Had a fantastic Channa Masala going a couple of weeks back with a handful of home grown tomatoes. I give them a good soak overnight and then a good boil for about 30-60mins. The consistency is firm but melts in the mouth.

Yellow split peas second and red lentils third. The good old baked beans on toast is something of a lazy meal for me but I'll boil up some kale and other veges to go with it.

I haven't really noticed much change in the last couple of weeks but I'm going to stick with it to see how it goes. I do feel very energetic after a big feed of rice that's for sure :p

Heart problems, liver problems. Slow digestion. All things that have been linked to eating too much fat.

When you eat high carb it's not good to eat too much fat. Doesn't matter which side of the health debate you are on it is agreed that 50/50 fat carb diets are the worst of all.

I'd love to see these links that too much good fats cause heart n liver problems n digestive issues?

If you don't add fat to your veges then how do you absorb the fat soluble vitamins contained in the Vege like
A, D, K & E ?

I'd love to see these links that too much good fats cause heart n liver problems n digestive issues?

If you don't add fat to your veges then how do you absorb the fat soluble vitamins contained in the Vege like
A, D, K & E ?

Fat soluble vitamins? I've never heard of that.

great vid.

Get into juicing mate. Everyone needs more greens!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep chickpeas. Had a fantastic Channa Masala going a couple of weeks back with a handful of home grown tomatoes. I give them a good soak overnight and then a good boil for about 30-60mins. The consistency is firm but melts in the mouth.

Yellow split peas second and red lentils third. The good old baked beans on toast is something of a lazy meal for me but I'll boil up some kale and other veges to go with it.

I haven't really noticed much change in the last couple of weeks but I'm going to stick with it to see how it goes. I do feel very energetic after a big feed of rice that's for sure :p

Nice work. Good old channa masala, one of my all time favorites. Would be most ordered meal when I'm out and about at the likes of Veggie Bar etc.

Most certainly agree re: chickpeas though. Soaking beforehand definitely is worth it.

Do you guys get Vitamin B12 supplementation and tested by your doctor for deficiencies?

Has never been an issue whatsoever. If need be, every now and then I might take one of these:

http://www.nutricity.com/deva-vegan-vitamins-vegan-sublingual-b-12-90-tab

That's great that you're on top of this and get tested by your doctor on your micro nutrient (in your case) efficiencies. :thumbsu:

Too many vegos and vegans ignore their health which causes issues for them.

100% agree. Irrespective of the chosen diet, too many people do it "incorrectly" when they chase the "quick fix".

The health/fitness/diet etc industries feed off this mentality of people wanting the quickest solution possible. Without investing in their own health themselves and acquiring the needed knowledge, they allow others to tell them what they want to hear.

100% agree. Irrespective of the chosen diet, too many people do it "incorrectly" when they chase the "quick fix".

The health/fitness/diet etc industries feed off this mentality of people wanting the quickest solution possible. Without investing in their own health themselves and acquiring the needed knowledge, they allow others to tell them what they want to hear.

consider this B12 option - vegan safe B12

title-image.png

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/vegansafe-b-12.html/?a_aid=4ed2bae4d1167

lol at when Pam Anderson didn't even realise that they were made of the sheep's skin.

lol serious?

This is the sauce for those wondering.

777923.jpg

I'd rather eat this type of processed food than a burger or a meat pie.

Ingredients. Water, Sugar, Light Soy Sauce(7%) (Water, Salt, Soya Beans, Roasted Wheat, Sugar), Onion (5%), Modified Maize Starch,Ginger, Rapeseed Oil, Yeast Extract, Garlic, Colour: Plain Caramel;Citric Acid, Chilli Powder

hmmmm, i predict, 20 monkies, 40 snakes, some racoons, couple of dozen bunnies, handful of snakes, 60 rats and a s**t load of bees................. died in order to bring you that convenient and delicious "vegan" stir fry sauce.

lol serious?

Ingredients. Water, Sugar, Light Soy Sauce(7%) (Water, Salt, Soya Beans, Roasted Wheat, Sugar), Onion (5%), Modified Maize Starch,Ginger, Rapeseed Oil, Yeast Extract, Garlic, Colour: Plain Caramel;Citric Acid, Chilli Powder

hmmmm, i predict, 20 monkies, 40 snakes, some racoons, couple of dozen bunnies, handful of snakes, 60 rats and a s**t load of bees................. died in order to bring you that convenient and delicious "vegan" stir fry sauce.

Thanks for the trolling. This thread isn't about saving the animals though. I'm not a militant vegan.

Thanks for the trolling. This thread isn't about saving the animals though. I'm not a militant vegan.

You're doing it for health?

uh huh

:rolleyes:

You're doing it for health?

uh huh

:rolleyes:

That's the most minute amount of canola oil and it's just a flavouring. The meal is rice and veges.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back