Rookie
Oct 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Lionel Messi
Hey guys,

Was at the doggies vs. essendon match last week and during the game I realised gilbee was not touching the ball hardly. If I remember correctly he only picked up 14 possessions (10 kicks 4 handballs) and on the way home I thought he would have mongreled his SC score but to my suprise he still managed to scored 95.

I know efficiency in use of the ball plays a part and such but are there any notable players who have a reputation for scoring very high of relatively low amount of possessions?

In the past Dal Santo is another that springs to my mind.

Thoughts guys?

Dal Santo and Gilbee are the only two that come to mind, which is why they're both in my team. I suppose you could throw in Simon Black and Luke Hodge.

Wouldnt of thought simon black fell into that bracket, havent done any research to support that, but im pretty sure he often scrapes into the hundreds after getting 30 odd touches...

Happy to be proven wrong

Bradshaw as well, just goes to show how important those goals & marks are.

R1 10D 2M 3G = 72 points
R2 8D 1M 3G = 75 points
R3 14D 9M 5G = 131 points
R4 16D 7M 5G = 150 points

Chad does this as well. Although he doesnt get low amounts of possessions, you can still see that after 15 odd possessions he has the ability to be on 100 odd, then he keeps going

It's generally the guys who get a high percentage of contested possessions and are good users of the ball. Gilbee is a classic example, with Dal Santo and Shaun Burgoyne being two others that immediately spring to mind.

Key backs can do it with MOPs, particularly if they're contested. Obviously a key forward can do it too with contested marks and/or goals.

Dal Santo, Gilbee, Pratt, Johncock and S. Burgoyne are the ones that spring to my mind. It's generally people who are efficient by disposal and have less clangers than other players. Dal Santo has only made 2 clangers this season.

Juddy would have to be one of the best SCers. His DT/SC avg of
2005 - 83.6/114.4
2006 - 100.3/131.7
He gets rewarded in SC for all those hardball gets and centre clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back