Toast Luc Longley

Remove this Banner Ad

deputy

Debutant
May 31, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
A Great man and diehard Freo supporter is Luc.
After watching the Last Dance and getting an idea what the Bulls were all about made me appreciate Longley even more.
He was largely ignored in that series but as Jordan now acknowledges he played a very important role in the Bulls success.
I remember being at a game in the early 2000's when Luc was present and introduced , he was a household name in WA but i never followed the NBA much in those times.Now i look back and think how honoured we were to have him alongside us
I know he has helped out in the past at the Dockers ,but wouldn't you think as a motivational role he could get a bit more mental toughness into this group.?
He was accused by Jordan of lacking the mental strength that was needed ,so he's had the best teacher in the world that got him to the highest level possible.
This team has some talent ,but far to many times they go into their shells when it matters.We need them to get tougher and don't know where that's going to evolve from.

Agreed.

I saw him walking around in Fremantle one day and it was like seeing a literal giant in the flesh, kids were literally staggered by how tall he was. I can see why he moved to a remote farm

I haven't watched the last dance, but saw the ABCs Australian story.Certainly no love lost between Luke anf MJ.
I think the back lash from those involved in the making of LD made it clear to MJ that the producers had screwed up witht he snub to Longley.
I felt his apology was a bit of grovelling.

Longley must have a problem. Pretty well everyone else in the world gets on with Johnno.
Really!!!
I wouldn't say Scotty Pippen was overly enamoured by MJ.And he was part of the Bulls.
A couple of others in the Australian story were less than impressed.

I haven't watched the last dance, but saw the ABCs Australian story.Certainly no love lost between Luke anf MJ.
I think the back lash from those involved in the making of LD made it clear to MJ that the producers had screwed up witht he snub to Longley.
A lot of players and coaches won't included.

I love Longley but Kerr, MJ, Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, the two Jerrys and Jackson are more colorful characters.

Longley is just a very kind and good natured person no too much drama with him.

A lot of players and coaches won't included.

I love Longley but Kerr, MJ, Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, the two Jerrys and Jackson are more colorful characters.

Longley is just a very kind and good natured person no too much drama with him.
No drama should be celebrated. No wonder society is run by mental cases 😂

Yeah sooooo fake MJ with his reasons even felt like Kerr couldn't give a rats aarse with Longley too
Kerr and Luc are friends. Luc is also close with Scotty Pippen.

The fact that MJ appeared on the show is a huge Scoop - read this for a bit of background.

lol getting ANY apology from MJ is like splitting an atom at room temperature.

The guy wouldn't even apologise for his "republicans buy shoes too" comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was great Australian Story did a documentary on Longley. Much deserved and the younger generation should know
him. It was a joke he didn’t appear in “The Last Dance,” when you had the likes of Steve Kerr, Judd Bucheler, Toni Kukoc and Longley’s backup centre Bill Wennington in there. Luc was in the starting five of that three peat run!

And Kudos to MJ for appearing in the doc. Couldn’t believe what he said (that Luc mattered).

It was great Australian Story did a documentary on Longley. Much deserved and the younger generation should know
him. It was a joke he didn’t appear in “The Last Dance,” when you had the likes of Steve Kerr, Judd Bucheler, Toni Kukoc and Longley’s backup centre Bill Wennington in there. Luc was in the starting five of that three peat run!

And Kudos to MJ for appearing in the doc. Couldn’t believe what he said (that Luc mattered).

Ron Harper started in pretty much every game in 1998 too and wasn't covered. They missed people who weren't terribly interesting. I think Luc was under sold as a bit of a "glue" guy though.

Ron Harper was still interviewed in The Last Dance and was in less starting line-ups than Longley. I don’t think Luc should have been a main feature in the doc but it give him as much air time as Scott Burrell.

you know Kerr is the head coach of the golden state warriors right? he would be kind of busy and still made time. The fact they got those guys was kind of crazy actually.

Well duurr don't give a faark who he coaches really -just comes across to me that the reason they in this doco is because they all felt sorry for him and know they faarked up not having Luc in Last Dance
In saying that i did enjoy both docos

I think they said the producers of The Last Dance weren't too keen to fly to Australia to interview Luc? I'm sure if he was based in the US he would have been involved.

I think they said the producers of The Last Dance weren't too keen to fly to Australia to interview Luc? I'm sure if he was based in the US he would have been involved.
Yeah. That's bulls**t. The ABC reporter who interviewed MJ for Luc's Australian Story hired a US based camera crew and did the interview via Zoom (at 1.00am).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back