james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Did anyone else hear about his house in Fremantle burning down a couple of weeks ago.. His whole family got out safe but he lost everything including all his basketball memorabillia and awards

Yeah, I heard about that. That's terrible news. Apparently his former teammates, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and others are going to try and replace all the basketball memorabillia

The Bulls paid icon Scottie Pippen less than Aussie Luc Longley.

'The Bulls were even paying Luc Longley more money that season ($US3.2 million vs $US2.8m). With all due respect to the incredible contribution the Aussie big man made to the team, it’s an astounding fact considering Pippen’s importance next to Michael Jordan in the Bulls dynasty — and the fact many saw him as the second best player in the whole league, let alone the team.'

Now Luc is the best performed Aussie on the international scene, however I cant see him being apologetic to Scotty next time they meet up.

The Bulls paid icon Scottie Pippen less than Aussie Luc Longley.

'The Bulls were even paying Luc Longley more money that season ($US3.2 million vs $US2.8m). With all due respect to the incredible contribution the Aussie big man made to the team, it’s an astounding fact considering Pippen’s importance next to Michael Jordan in the Bulls dynasty — and the fact many saw him as the second best player in the whole league, let alone the team.'

Now Luc is the best performed Aussie on the international scene, however I cant see him being apologetic to Scotty next time they meet up.

What do you mean?

Some may believe Scotty was a better player, not me though.

But why do you say you can't see him being apologetic? Their contracts really had nothing to do with one another.

How in lords name did Scottie go that long on a small yearly budget, talk about loyalty! Pencil him in as greatest “Robin” of yesteryear.
best defender in the game and a likely scoring champion give the opportunity, see 1994. His passing at the Blazers was superb.

Longly was a great player.

Last edited:
How in lords name did Scottie go that long on a small yearly budget, talk about loyalty! Pencil him in as greatest “Robin” of yesteryear.
best defender in the game and a likely scoring champion give the opportunity, see 1994. His passing at the Blazers was superb.

Longly was a great player.

Long contracts were the norm back then. Jordan signed a 8 year contract and Pippen the 7. I think renegotitaion of contracts back then was possible, Krause probably would have vetoed it tho

I was not sure what forum to put this in, but did anyone watch Australia Story with Luc Longley on Monday night?

Really looking forward to next week's episode.

I was not sure what forum to put this in, but did anyone watch Australia Story with Luc Longley on Monday night?

Really looking forward to next week's episode.

Yes I enjoyed it, very unassuming character.

it was great to hear from his Bulls team mates particularly Jordan.

Last edited:
Yes I enjoyed it, very unassuming character.

it was great to hear from his Bulls team mates particularly Jordan.
How good was Scottie Pippen looking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Jordan felt some regret in Longley not being included in the last dance, so agreed to this as a bit of a payback.

I heard that was because the producers couldn't get in touch with Luc in time, rather than any decision of MJ's (I mean, they had Isiah Thomas in it...). Happy to be corrected if wrong.

I heard that was because the producers couldn't get in touch with Luc in time, rather than any decision of MJ's (I mean, they had Isiah Thomas in it...). Happy to be corrected if wrong.
Sounds like a cop out - they were telling a story that was ~25 years old

Sounds like a cop out - they were telling a story that was ~25 years old

I meant for the scenes when they were reminiscing, Longley is present in a lot of footage for the 2nd 3-peat years.

Series director Jason Hehir told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that Longley wasn't featured in the show because they didn't have the money in their budget to send a filming crew to Australia, where Longley lives.

I wonder if Jordan felt some regret in Longley not being included in the last dance, so agreed to this as a bit of a payback.

Actually, thinking about this a little more, what you said could still apply even though it was a production decision not to include Luc. It's entirely possible MJ saw the success of The Last Dance and wished Luc had been a part of it, and so was very forthcoming in appearing on this program on his behalf.

Actually, thinking about this a little more, what you said could still apply even though it was a production decision not to include Luc. It's entirely possible MJ saw the success of The Last Dance and wished Luc had been a part of it, and so was very forthcoming in appearing on this program on his behalf.

I reckon you are right. Why else would a billionaire like Jordan go on a small Aussie show like Australian Story.

Just watched Australian story , i remember his first year at minnestota , they had a crap year . Then got traded to chicago and then mj came back and the rest was history ( delly was going no where at cavs till le bron came back and he played his best 2 games ever when irving injured in finals vs golden state, and he stepped up ) i agree with the earlier posts thar mj did aust story because he realized after the last dance ,longely was important to teams victory , without him in the triangle him and pippen would have never got the ball . longely like most australians ( not pie man ben ) in the nba did their job without the inflated American ego. The usa team is a mostly a team of champions . I havent seen the last dance but will watch in october :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back