NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Has anyone else been watching this? Really enjoying it so far. The production style is very fresh and unique, and they seem to have access to the best luchador talent in the world.
Here are a couple of the best matches so far.

Green Eggs

@TheBanterChamp
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
That is grouse.. I will be watching this, very fresh!

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Crowd summed it up in the first video - 'this is awesome'

Yes it bloody was. I just got through watching the first video and the birds eye camera and closeup of the announcer already had me thinking it was going to be something new and awesome. Can't wait to watch more of the matches. Morrison still has it, and these two put on a classic match. Great stuff.

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
I don't know what the deal with links are here (mods?) but the full shows are pretty easy to find. If anyone needs any help locating just pm me, there's been 3 eps so far and its definitely a show worth watching! :)

I don't know what the deal with links are here (mods?) but the full shows are pretty easy to find. If anyone needs any help locating just pm me, there's been 3 eps so far and its definitely a show worth watching! :)
Thanks to looking for NJPW I probably found the same source. WW?

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
camera shots of the announcers during matches is awful. Striker can be annoying but I did like him telling people to go and watch different kinds of wrestling like old world of sport stuff. i'm sure they didnt intend these statements to be taken the way i did, but striker saying "with all these great moves both men are still on their feet, neither worse for wear" during the first main event and vampiro saying something like "this kid is like a real life video game" during the second show tag match kind of sum up the problem i have with so much indy wrestling. lots of flashy s**t but very little substance or meaning to any of it.

and they seem to have access to the best luchador talent in the world.

Not really. LU is aligned with AAA, but CMLL has the much better in ring product of the two main lucha companies.

and these two put on a classic match.

lets not go overboard. It was a decent spotfest but it was nothing you wont see on an average PWG show. the 3 way match from the third show is much better at being a wacky assortment of spots.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Fun show. Not great wrestling according to my tastes - I like that technical old NWA/WCW undercard/Japanese style a lot more than the Mexican style - but it's a really good way to spend an hour. And it's much better than Impact, ROH, or even Raw at the moment.

Wrestling is average, Show should be kept to 1 hour. It's a good alternate show that should not be taken seriously.

Dario Cuedo (Actor that would make a great manager in another company) and Johnny Mundo(Morrison) are the 2 biggest stars of this show.

The 3 way ladder match last week was pretty decent too.

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's a fun way to kill an hour, and for me the most enjoyable wrestling show behind NXT at the moment. The thing they seem to be lacking is some sort of focus. They need some sort of title, and possibly quarterly live specials like NXT do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
they have a title (as per tapings). way too early for specials
I know it's too early for specials, I just mean they have to have something to work towards to make the feuds seem meaningful. Maybe I'm just too caught up in the "traditional" mindset of wrestling, but you have to have more than just "wanting to prove yourself". If they do introduce a title eventually that's good news then. The episodes so far seem more aimed towards simply introducing and growing the main characters of the show which is encouraging.

Alberto El Patron signs with Lucha Underground (As well as working in AAA and ROH)

10394465_942173965807795_4316805465661928067_n.jpg

Watched last weeks ep, didn't mind it at all.

Far from perfect, but hour length suits it and its simple structure works well.

You can definitely see Mark Burnett's production come through on TV.

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
I haven't been very regular with LU, but recently I've been trying to change that. This most recent episode was great. Son of Havoc vs Angelico was a solid match with a really cool ending. Angelico is amazing. Alberto v Texano was pretty good. Strap matches tend to bore me but this bullrope match was pretty good. The main event was amazing, Puma is so great. Also, that title looks really good. I can certainly see how some people aren't big fans of the backstage promos and overall production, but I'm a fan.

May 3, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just started watching this and I really enjoy it. Certainly a very different take on the industry.
The filmed scenes are great and almost gives it a "Def Jam: Fight for NY" feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back