Luck of the Draw (The Age)

Remove this Banner Ad

How long have you spent researching all this?

Smacks of a really sad existence.

Not one second was spent researching on missng the finals after an 8-1 start. If proven wrong that is fine but I am confident no other team could choke after winning 8 of the first 9 games.

Your 1st half of the year was super soft. The reason you are terrible now is that the 2nd half the year is hard. Never said your entire draw was soft - but your 1st 10 weeks were!!

Only travel was to the Suns and GWS!! You played - 18th, 17th, 16th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 7th, 5th 3rd. Do you think your draw was tough?

This is one of - if not the softest 1st 10 weeks in the comp and made you look a lot better than what you.

8-1 start was a gift and if you miss the 8 will be laughed at for a long time to come.

Hi Hi.

If we're going to bring up useless facts and figures, lets at least do it properly, shall we?

North Melbourne has beaten.
18th, 18th, 17th, 16th, 15th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 6th, 2nd.

Essendon has beaten.
18th, 17th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th.

(The doubles come from where they've played teams twice)

Basically, they've both beat up well on weaklings with a few nice wins against teams around their final ladder positions, very, very comparable results I'd suggest so far.

Essendon had a very nice early draw (First 8), consisting of;

18th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 7th, 5th, 3rd (Not in order)

Since the bye, North have played
18th, 16th, 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 5th, 2nd. (Not in order)

Bloody similar again I put to you. Essendon had their (particularly) easy run at the start of the season, North had theirs after the bye. Its no more ridiculous that Essendon miss the 8 then North do, by your logic. It just happens that you're making a big deal of the fact that Essendon had their run at the start of the season.

Essentially both teams had exceptional chances to do well this year, make it deep into the 8. Most likely they'll both end up in the 8-5 bracket. At least have the courtesy to document your facts well.

(I'm not in any way suggesting that this is a good way to measure team success, nor that the ease of the respective draws, or that Essendon have any excuse should they miss the finals)

Not one second was spent researching on missng the finals after an 8-1 start. If proven wrong that is fine but I am confident no other team could choke after winning 8 of the first 9 games.

What you think I am going to actually check that? Pass.

You must be pretty confident about Sunday. Because if Ess win, you are going to look like an arse.

What you think I am going to actually check that? Pass.

You must be pretty confident about Sunday. Because if Ess win, you are going to look like an arse.

Why is that? - we need to win one of Ess, Pies and Freo. We have more chances no matter what the result is on Sunday.

And I am tipping an Essendon supporter will be checking if I am wrong. I have no problem that it is not you.

Hi Hi.

If we're going to bring up useless facts and figures, lets at least do it properly, shall we?

North Melbourne has beaten.
18th, 18th, 17th, 16th, 15th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 6th, 2nd.

Essendon has beaten.
18th, 17th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th.

(The doubles come from where they've played teams twice)

Basically, they've both beat up well on weaklings with a few nice wins against teams around their final ladder positions, very, very comparable results I'd suggest so far.

Essendon had a very nice early draw (First 8), consisting of;

18th, 14th, 13th, 12th, 11th, 7th, 5th, 3rd (Not in order)

Since the bye, North have played
18th, 16th, 15th, 12th, 11th, 10th, 5th, 2nd. (Not in order)

Bloody similar again I put to you. Essendon had their (particularly) easy run at the start of the season, North had theirs after the bye. Its no more ridiculous that Essendon miss the 8 then North do, by your logic. It just happens that you're making a big deal of the fact that Essendon had their run at the start of the season.

Essentially both teams had exceptional chances to do well this year, make it deep into the 8. Most likely they'll both end up in the 8-5 bracket. At least have the courtesy to document your facts well.

(I'm not in any way suggesting that this is a good way to measure team success, nor that the ease of the respective draws, or that Essendon have any excuse should they miss the finals)

Whoa - settle stat man - I was just replying to eth-dog who said you had a middle of the road draw and that I said you had an easy draw.

I have only every said your first 10 weeks were very easy. I actually cannot find an easier first 10 weeks in the entire AFL. If Eth-dog thinks it is middle of the road then he once again has no idea.

Why is that? - we need to win one of Ess, Pies and Freo. We have more chances no matter what the result is on Sunday.

Hard to see us missing if we win. Plus you are carrying on like a pork chop. Shouldn't you just wait a few more days. If you beat us you will actually have some ammo against us, rather than just coming across as another Essendon obsessed North tragic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I'm not jealous. It's just a simple fact.
It's a fact that a game that is called the second biggest game in the season, with a proud history of close results is "rubbish" even though most Victorian clubs complain about not being able to have it? Okey mete.

It's a fact that a game that is called the second biggest game in the season, with a proud history of close results is "rubbish" even though most Victorian clubs complain about not being able to have it? Okey mete.

Still no comment of how hard/easy your draw for the 1st 10 weeks was.

What that blatantly biased and childish article fails to acknowledge, is that Adelaide were sitting top 4 after having played every team once (except Port, who we had played twice, just as we have done since their inception). How can our ladder position be possibly impacted by a bias draw? As of today, we have played Port, GWS, and Geelong twice. We havent lost a game to a team currently outside the 8. I suggest our position on the ladder is very indicative of our form this year, and I suggest that if we make top 2 this year, we will have deserved it.

Jake Niall, Mick Malthouse and others need to grow the fu@#k up.

do we have to put up with mufussa hijacking every single thread with his anti-Essendon rubbish?
I decided to click the "ignore" button for good ol' mufassa. It makes a much simpler life, and much harder to get trolled

I suggest you do the same

So Geelong has the worst draw comfortably and the worst free kick differential.

Just get the feeling the AFL is slightly sick of us.

Same with St Kilda, we might not have got a draw as tough as Geelong but they have made up for it with the umpiring we have copped this season. You do get the feeling the AFL is sick of Geelong and St Kilda playing finals every year and want some different teams in there.

Also one thing that isn't taken into account with the draw is the strengths of each team when you play them, playing the likes of Port, West Coast, Carlton and Essendon was tougher earlier in the season when they were going well and before they suffered injuries and lost form. Conversely you would have rather played North earlier in the season when they were struggling for form rather than play them now when they have hit form.

The number of 6 day breaks isn't taken into account either, I think St Kilda has more 6 day breaks than any club this year and we had a couple of stretches during the season with three or four 6 day breaks in a row which can have a big effect on performance.

Any comment on your 1st 10 weeks?

Nth had a slightly harder draw in the first 10 rds by the looks of it.
I'd prefer a hard first half & a softer second half though, as teams are still finding their feet early on.

Our injuries have made us look worse than we really are since then.
With Nth's poor form early doors, i reckon you would've been out of contention long ago with similar injuries, your kids are good but you seem to rely more on your experienced blokes fwd & back than we do.

I expect a tough game on the weekend, if we lose we're just about done.
Nth's thriving on confidence atm, but a loss to Ess & then a smacking from the Pies will have the players & fans very nervous come the Freo game.

Same with St Kilda, we might not have got a draw as tough as Geelong but they have made up for it with the umpiring we have copped this season. You do get the feeling the AFL is sick of Geelong and St Kilda playing finals every year and want some different teams in there.
Lol give it up.

Whoa - settle stat man - I was just replying to eth-dog who said you had a middle of the road draw and that I said you had an easy draw.

I have only every said your first 10 weeks were very easy. I actually cannot find an easier first 10 weeks in the entire AFL. If Eth-dog thinks it is middle of the road then he once again has no idea.

Hi Hi.

West Coasts first 10, looking back, was rather easy.

They played.
18th, 16th, 15th, 13th, 12th, 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back