Luck with the Draw to Start the Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
We have finally had some luck with the draw.

Our three away games to start this year are: North, Essendon and Gold Coast. These are all winnable.

Our three home games to start this year are: Eagles, Post and Collingwood.

Many believe we 'pinched' lucky win over the Eagles. We are a good chance against the Power and if we are five zip before the Collingwood game, who knows?

We have had a great run with injuries and now the draw is falling our way.

Imagine the games reversed. Not as good

Our three away games to start this year are: North, Essendon and Gold Coast. These are all winnable.

Many believe we 'pinched' lucky win over the Eagles. We are a good chance against the Power and if we are five zip before the Collingwood game, who knows?

We have had a great run with injuries and now the draw is falling our way.

Imagine the games reversed. Not as good

You could think of it the other way though. North and Essendon away are 50:50 but at home I'd put them 70:30

Eagles and Collingwood at home I would have put 20:80 and away closer to 1:99.

So we might as well play the good teams that we are likely to lose to away and the other closer teams at home rather than away where it almost puts them as favourites.

When I looked at the draw pre the JLT I thought it was a pretty tough opening first few rounds which opened up with an easier run of games later on in the season. I had nightmarish visions of us being 0-4 going into the Pies game, 4-0 is now eminently possible, the stuff dreams are made of.

Lions v pies could be a massive easter block buster. We very well could be undefeated, pies are in good form and it is the Beams v his old team. AFL i reckon will be cheering for us this week and next. Could be finals like atmosphere at the Gabba for the pies game.

Lions v pies could be a massive easter block buster. We very well could be undefeated, pies are in good form and it is the Beams v his old team. AFL i reckon will be cheering for us this week and next. Could be finals like atmosphere at the Gabba for the pies game.

Would love to see a battle between Rayner and De Goey where both have huge games but Rayner is the difference maker and wins us the game. Would be a spectacle!

When I looked at the draw pre the JLT I thought it was a pretty tough opening first few rounds which opened up with an easier run of games later on in the season. I had nightmarish visions of us being 0-4 going into the Pies game, 4-0 is now eminently possible, the stuff dreams are made of.

Didn't realise/know the Dons are crap, North on the way down.

This is the draw from heaven

I’ll be smiling no matter what going into that and probably leaving the Collingwood game (unless we get flogged these two weeks). Don’t get me wrong I’d love to not lose by a lot in that game and even win it, but they are a good outfit.

In Fagan’s tenure we have only won one game before the bye both seasons and we already have two. If we start 2-3 or better so be it, as long as we still stay on track with the rest of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What?

Who are these "many" you refer to.??....it boggles my mind that beating the reigning premiers by 44 points could possibly be construed as "pinching" a lucky win.

We pretty much pantsed them after 1/4 time and won going away.

The start of the draw does look good for us now but it wasn’t that long ago that it looked pretty rough. We were scheduled to mostly play middle of the road sides away and elite sides at home and no games against bottom four sides until the Q clash. It meant there were no “gimme” games and few 50/50 ones.

I think what it highlights is that a draw is near impossible to assess until there is some exposed form to assess it against.

What?

Who are these "many" you refer to.??....it boggles my mind that beating the reigning premiers by 44 points could possibly be construed as "pinching" a lucky win.

We pretty much pantsed them after 1/4 time and won going away.
Yep, 91 -20 after quarter time!
That’s not pinchin nuttin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back