picture.php

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 16
Goals - 0
Best and Fairest - =10th (42 votes)

Date of Birth - 5th January 1987
Recruited Pick 63 2009 draft.
Height/Weight: 193cm, 94kg
Dreamteam Price: 593 points; $145,200 (+$47,600)
Supercoach: 735 points; $197,600 (+87,400)

Stats history: Lukas Markovic (AFL Tables)

With Lake being absent for most of the season someone needed to stand up and be counted and Markovic did a great job at filling this gap in 2011 as evidenced by a top 10 finish in he B&F.

Playing the first 9 rounds he did some great jobs aided by the sub rule meaning he could match up on he resting ruckman or slower KF which limited his exposure of his lack of pace. Showing good defensive capabilities and able to read the play in front of him well.

In round 9 in that horror day out west he got badly beaten and found himself playing for Williamstown for the next 5 weeks only to return and play the remaining games at the bulldogs from rounds 15 onwards.

Never going to be a Brian Lake type full back but can hold his own at AFL level and fulfill a role, at nearly 25 years old he isn't likely to develop much more but if he can improve some of his clanger kicks and keep things simple he could play a role at bulldogs in 2012.

Notable Games:

Round 6 - vs Collingwood: 15 posessions and 6 marks in a good job on Dawes.

Just to emphasise:

Games - 16
Best and Fairest - =10th (42 votes)

Pretty good effort in his first year!
Marko was unlucky to be dropped after the Eagles game, where we would have been scratching to find anyone who put in much of an effort.

Nice writeup GR

Nice writeup GR

Agreed, great efforts. When I get home from work I'll tally who we've got left. If anyone has the time today to do it, put the names up in the sticky thread.

I don't think his kicking is that bad (72% disposal efficiency made him 18th out of 40 in an admittedly weak year for kicking club wise). 16 games into a career, he should still have some improvement in him, 25 or not when the season comes around. I don't think he will be a superstar but a serviceable 3rd tall.

Could have competition with Talia coming on board, in the short and long term, but a little early to say with the pre-season a long way from finished.

I don't think his kicking is that bad (72% disposal efficiency made him 18th out of 40 in an admittedly weak year for kicking club wise). 16 games into a career, he should still have some improvement in him, 25 or not when the season comes around. I don't think he will be a superstar but a serviceable 3rd tall.

Could have competition with Talia coming on board, in the short and long term, but a little early to say with the pre-season a long way from finished.

The 1 thing I like about Markovic is his consitancy and effort. He always tries his hardest and I think will improve over the next year or so which should keep him in out starting line up over the next 2 years atleast. I like him and hope he stays with us until he retires..

He's a solid workhorse sort of player. I honestly think that, if he hadn't broken his ankle pretty badly while playing for Box Hill, he would be the Hawks full back with Gibson at CHB.

I'm quite happy to have him on the list as he's not as good as Lake but he works hard and knows what he is doing at full back.

If Markovic is able to become the next Presti then I'd be really happy about it. Presti was a quality defender that did his role and never seemed to seek the glory that other players out there would try and find when he often could have.

Rebounded really nicely from last weeks shocker. People were tipping Walker and Tippet to tear us apart but they only had the one goal in between them up to the last break so he and Lake did well.

Had a bag kicked on him by a fairly handy player in Pav in a losing side v Freo. Still, only his 21st game so hopefully will keep improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best player for Willy today in a loss to Casey

"Bulldog Lukas Markovic battled manfully in defence on key opposition talls Chris Dawes, Jesse Hogan and Jack Fitzpatrick, in conditions that made life difficult for defenders."

"Lukas Markovic: Predominantly played the game on Chris Dawes and had a really good night. He played very tight and will put his hand up for senior selection again. He’s been playing really good, consistent VFL football."

was at the casey vs franko game few weeks back

got asked what teami go for
then asked what i thought of marko
i said i rather anyone else then have marko in the side
bloke turns and said "that's my son"

reply "i stand by my answer good sir"

was at the casey vs franko game few weeks back

got asked what teami go for
then asked what i thought of marko
i said i rather anyone else then have marko in the side
bloke turns and said "that's my son"

reply "i stand by my answer good sir"
Bloody hell, just about lost for words myself. :eek::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::(

Sometimes I read the stuff we put on here and just hope the players and their families don't see it but to me, to say that to a player's father is just wrong.

Oh great, one supporter badmouths one of our players and his father hears it, then three more supporters 'like' it???

wtf threenewpadlocks, timtamWB and Dannnnnnnnnn
I have nothing against Marko just I like how VitalDread just wasn't one of the guys that as soon as something goes against him or something unexpected happens, they suddenly just bail out and start frantically apologising.

Although from the sounds of it Marko is carving it up in the VFL and if he continues like that and he gets called up then awesome, hope he does well in the AFL.

Yeah I can see the principle of 'having the courage of your convictions' may be admirable.
But against that, I would question whether the convictions are right or worthy in the first place.....

And the main thing for me is, even if he *was* the last person on our squad who should be in our team, it's a s**t of a thing to say to the guy's father.
Unlike you, if it was me, I *would* frantically apologise, with respect to his father. Or I hope I would.

I'm guessing this is a generational thing....... that people can say what they like without consideration for others, who just have to 'deal with it'.

Oh great, one supporter badmouths one of our players and his father hears it, then three more supporters 'like' it???

wtf threenewpadlocks, timtamWB and Dannnnnnnnnn
I thought the fact that the guy was his father in the first place was hilarious. If a friend told you that somebody asked what they thought of person X, they said they hated them and the person responded that they were their father, you'd say it was a pretty funny story.

I've got nothing against Marko and I hope he makes it. My criticisms have been well-voiced but that doesn't mean I dislike him. My like was for the fact that I found the situation humorous. I don't think you need to read too much into the posts people like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back