News Luke Ball, (Retired 2014)

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
champion player and champion person well done luke on a great career. Hope that he stays on as a coach.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...

Buena

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2009
Adelaide Hills, SA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool; Brisbane Roar
A great man. His body had taken a massive beating over the years, and I think retiring is the right thing to do. But we are going to miss him around the club terribly next year.
He's a genuinely great guy, a guy I'd love to be mates with. Well done Luke, you're one of us, and always will be.

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Buckley starts him as a sub in his last game, I would be furious. Can really expect everything from Buckley.

Ahh I am still sad about Bally retiring, I feel like we have lost a heart and soul from the club, although he wasn't with us for long enough it feels like the impact he made on the group and even us fans, is more than some players who have played a decade for us have.

If Buckley starts him as a sub in his last game, I would be furious. Can really expect everything from Buckley.

Ahh I am still sad about Bally retiring, I feel like we have lost a heart and soul from the club, although he wasn't with us for long enough it feels like the impact he made on the group and even us fans, is more than some players who have played a decade for us have.

I would not be Surprised if Ball starts but goes off for the Sub

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
maybe we should make it a special occasion for Bally and invite Lenny and Kosi and some of the other retired st. kilda players over to play for us in the last game. we could put him on the ball and at full forward and ask everyone to try to give him the best send-off that we could. it doesnt really matter if we win the game as long as Bally has an excellent time.

I remember how excited we all were when he came to the club.

539087-luke-ball.jpg

:cry:

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is up there with Bucks retiring (for me). Man I'll be a complete mess when Pendles hangs up the boots.

Thanks Bally! It was an honour to have a player of your calibre at the Pies for so many years.

Hva sher a

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2009
right in front of you
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton

^^This sums it up.
The man was only with us for 5 seasons (with 2012 a write-off). Says a lot that he quickly became the heart and soul of the team and the club. When we recruited him I underestimated how quickly my bromance with him would grow.
Thanks Bally

eddiebankbalance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bye Luke, will miss you - all the best and I liked seeing you and Bucks with arms around each other walking off the ground :thumbsu:

Nov 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Luke Ball a champion and humble to the end. While a few players are reluctant, not many knock back being chaired off the ground. Ball was one of my all time favourite non Collingwood players, who luckily become one of my favourites at the 'pies. I was umming and ahhing about going to tonight, Ball's retirement made it a no brainer. Congrats on a great career and thanks for the memories.

Back